Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

We had a league title and Champs League quarter finals experience in the bag before he arrived. Certainly not looking to stay in the league. No more excuses. You don't know how to turn this round. Thanks but goodbye. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

One example of his lack of creativity

How many times during the season have we struggled to break down teams with both Barnes and Lookman on the pitch? And how many times has he swapped them over? We know Lookman is slightly better on the left than right and Barnes is right footed. So why not try it? Of course It may make no difference whatsoever but in terms of setting the opposition a new problem isn’t it at least worth a try?

Whenever I hear this discussed I’m told  Brendan likes wingers cutting in on  their strong foot and leaving the touchline for wing backs -but  what the hell does it matter what he likes if it doesn’t work?   Barnes is now so predictable even I can read his footwork- it shows a complete lack of pragmatic creativity to not consider such ideas which comes from thinking that matches are won on the pre match tactical whiteboard not by players scoring great goals, making great tackles and saving penalties..

I’ve said exactly the same thing …. Why not swap full backs for 10 minutes or so too … JJ / TC / RP all can play on both sides so mix it up!! 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

We will be anyway.

Look at our first team today. How many of those players get into better sides than ours? Cannot be no more than 3.

We need more than a summer, more than a couple good players.

I don't think we can lay all the blame at Brendans door injuries have set us back badly Justin, Fofona, Barnes Ricardo.. 4 key players returning from serious injuries.

Also with Europe and the league, cups we never have the same side starting every week, players are shoe horned in and its a big mis match add injuries into that and we have rarely seen a consistent side.

What he can take flak for is playing players in the wrong positions, not playing players(Nacho especially), sticking with the same style when it clearly don;t work, not changing things when required and coming out with a load of horse shit about the expectations that feeds back to the players.

All in all if he has lost the players then he needs to go, judging by that article about the after match changing room thing then its clear he don't have a good/close relationship with the players as we thought.

Edited by whoareyaaa

8 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Does anyone know the most amount of goals conceded directly from corners before?

It feels like we’re breaking unwanted records.

Think we've got the record for the PL in a season - 18 or 19 I think? 

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I prefer that than crying and begging for them to be sacked. I still desperately want Rodgers to turn it around but I don't see how he will. He's intent on shifting the focus to a big rebuild which could be a massive disaster, we had built a team capable of challenging for the top 6 which seldom happens and we cannot take that for granted.

Oh yeah I agree, which is why I said I'd take 2 years of that brand of football, even if it inevitably meant we'd lose him. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Think we've got the record for the PL in a season - 18 or 19 I think? 

For that alone, Rodgers needs to go surely?

The fact there have been some real dross and a huge gulf in class for some clubs so not getting a handle on this, is unacceptable.

If Rodgers is sadly going to stay, he needs to refresh his coaching staff before they even look at the players.

• Like 1

ihave said all along i dont rate rodgers he is clueless when it comes to tactics and playing players of position, roma game was a prime example of his lack footbal know how after ten minutes he should of changed the formation and players it was obvious it was not working, im worried what he will do next year where the rebuild is concerned he might know his wine but football players he does not i hope he just fuqs off

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You can’t be Rodgers in?

I wouldn’t say I’m Rodgers in but I’m not totally Rodgers out. I think the players have to take a lot of responsibility for this season also

Guest David Oldfields Gate

It's a good job we have an elite manager, otherwise we would be in the relegation zone.

I think we need to get this season over and forget... Just forget..... That way all the same BS excuses and negative tactics next season will be fresh when the fraud trots them out and we can all be surprised when we are in an exciting relegation battle with Burnley.

Ffs at any cost get shot of Puel 2.0!

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

For that alone, Rodgers needs to go surely?

The fact there have been some real dross and a huge gulf in class for some clubs so not getting a handle on this, is unacceptable.

If Rodgers is sadly going to stay, he needs to refresh his coaching staff before they even look at the players.

Our away form is scarily bad in the league as well, not quite 2014/15 and 2016/17 where we ran relegation close but given how strong our home form has been since November, we could well be right in the shit otherwise.

He's toast. Could sense something was really up today. It was great to see Daka really trying to gee everyone up but there was a real flatness everywhere. If the dressing room discussion really happened (i've only got home and seen bits and pieces about something) then thats a sign he is getting really desperate. The tactics have to change - and he's not capable of realising that. 

I think it's just a matter of when. I wonder how far entrenched the big rebuild project is within the club? If there are real doubts its needed then i wonder if he'll be fired soon so the club can see if there is any hint of a new manager bounce. Although i think it's too late in the season for the realistically. 

Only Rodgers can take the progress from around the Renne / PSV games and completely balls it up. Not sure who would have him now as well. No vacancies at the top clubs or the next batch of pretenders.

That ‘when we arrived the Club were looking to avoid relegation’ quote is naughty. Here’s what the Guardian wrote on the day Puel was sacked:

Although Leicester sit 12th in the Premier League, within reach of their minimum pre-season target of a top-half finish, an increasing number of supporters, and some players, lost faith in the manager’s ability to inspire an upturn

I think the situation spiel improve, and we would have more sympathy and support for Brendan if occasionally he was more inclined to say something like

’I love this group of players. We have a super talented squad, and it’s my job to turn this around. Leicester City cannot necessarily expect to be a regular top 7 club, but that’s absolutely what we should aspire for. It’s on me to make sure we become more secure at the back, more creative in midfield and more clinical in attack. I’m up for the challenge and I’m quite sure our marvellous supporters are too’

Brendan if you read this and use it in your next presser I’d like a small fee please 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

That ‘when we arrived the Club were looking to avoid relegation’ quote is naughty. Here’s what the Guardian wrote on the day Puel was sacked:

Although Leicester sit 12th in the Premier League, within reach of their minimum pre-season target of a top-half finish, an increasing number of supporters, and some players, lost faith in the manager’s ability to inspire an upturn

I think the situation spiel improve, and we would have more sympathy and support for Brendan if occasionally he was more inclined to say something like

’I love this group of players. We have a super talented squad, and it’s my job to turn this around. Leicester City cannot necessarily expect to be a regular top 7 club, but that’s absolutely what we should aspire for. It’s on me to make sure we become more secure at the back, more creative in midfield and more clinical in attack. I’m up for the challenge and I’m quite sure our marvellous supporters are too’

Brendan if you read this and use it in your next presser I’d like a small fee please 

Can guarantee if he said that everyone would pile in on the top 7 bit.

Rodgers has admitted that there's not enough time to rectify corner issues within training. You what? YOU WHAT? 80M STATE OF THE ART TRAINING FACILITIES. YOU WHAT? WHY EVEN INVEST AT ALL? I can't believe it. I can't believe the gall. I can't believe the exuberant blatant destruction of player motivation. He's pissing the owners investment down the God damn drain. Lesta deserve so much better than Brendan at this point. God ****ing damn 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I've been a Rodgers defender for some time but that was piss poor and felt like a turning point. A half empty stadium and loud boos, several players marched off too. Has he lost the dressing room? Maybe on the evidence of that.

No point in sacking him before the end of the season but I'm glad I can't go to any. For a manager to openly admit he needs the season to end suggests something is up for me.

2 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Don't hold your breath or give up the day job bud.

10 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

He's toast. Could sense something was really up today. It was great to see Daka really trying to gee everyone up but there was a real flatness everywhere. If the dressing room discussion really happened (i've only got home and seen bits and pieces about something) then thats a sign he is getting really desperate. The tactics have to change - and he's not capable of realising that. 

I think it's just a matter of when. I wonder how far entrenched the big rebuild project is within the club? If there are real doubts its needed then i wonder if he'll be fired soon so the club can see if there is any hint of a new manager bounce. Although i think it's too late in the season for the realistically. 

Only Rodgers can take the progress from around the Renne / PSV games and completely balls it up. Not sure who would have him now as well. No vacancies at the top clubs or the next batch of pretenders.

....the late emergence from the dressing room after the game, prior to the mandated interviews seem strange!!!

With Top being at the ground is it possible he (Rodgers) was attempting to pre-empt any feedback going to Top as to what is the problem surrounding this team. The owners tend to speak to the players for feedback and Rodgers wanted a sort of clear the air as he wanted to know "...what the players were thinking" within that game.

Top I would have thought has agreed he has the summer rebuild, but games such as these would I believe make him question his judgment.

• Like 1