Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Thai's are not keen on wasting money , sacking Rodgers and his team could be north of £30 million. Although he could resign for a smaller pay off.Will he? Rodgers's business brain will tell him to gain the maximum severance pay he can. If we do sack him , this summer's transfer fund is certainly gone so any new manager will have to work with what he has got.

Pity we didn't guess how poorly Youri was going to be playing this seaso, though the management might have had a clue, given his reluctance to re-sign for us. Had we cashed in on him last summer, and got a decent wedge, that would have financed getting rid of Rodgers and with some money left over towards a replacement for Youri.

52 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Exactly, yes.

I couldn’t believe my ears in the car today “before our time here, the aim of the club was to stay in the division, now we’re disappointed to not win European Semi Finals, it’s a measure of how far we’ve come”

And then answering a question on set pieces / corners he made the excuse that there was so little time on the training pitch they’d not had time to sort it out.

Staggering!

At least Claude had the decency to mumble!!

How much time does he need, more than a season? What an utter twat he is, particularly if he thinks normal people (not his biased media) don't see straight through him! Shameful really. 

• Like 1

How many of youse are now looking at managers running mid-table clubs and thinking we'd be better off with one of them? Brentford look so much better than City at the moment. I'd hire Frank in a second if he showed any interest. 

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Pity we didn't guess how poorly Youri was going to be playing this seaso, though the management might have had a clue, given his reluctance to re-sign for us. Had we cashed in on him last summer, and got a decent wedge, that would have financed getting rid of Rodgers and with some money left over towards a replacement for Youri.

Ah - but Tielemans, like Perez, is one of his blue-eyed boys.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Rodgers has admitted that there's not enough time to rectify corner issues within training. You what? YOU WHAT? 80M STATE OF THE ART TRAINING FACILITIES. YOU WHAT? WHY EVEN INVEST AT ALL? I can't believe it. I can't believe the gall. I can't believe the exuberant blatant destruction of player motivation. He's pissing the owners investment down the God damn drain. Lesta deserve so much better than Brendan at this point. God ****ing damn 

Not enough 'time'. Not lack of facilities. 

1 hour ago, SixtiesFox said:

Finally it seems even the most ,'blarney blind' Rodgers apologists are beginning to see the light. I hope Top is prepared to cut his losses and remove Rodgers before he allows him to waste what funds we do have available to add to our core of young, talented players. Failure to act sooner rather than later could lead to a relegation battle next season which we would be ill-equipped to fight.    

So true.  Rodgers has removed the fight and grit from this squad, so if we were to get close to then relegation places at any point next season we will be ill-equipped for the fight.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not enough 'time'. Not lack of facilities. 

How long has he had? All season? What are upgrading facilities for if you can't improve the performance in any given lacking area? 

His interviews are pure egotistical BS. He is clueless tactically in changing games. He loves the praise, hates any constructive criticism. Our players have regressed in the last year and no longer show any real desire with a few exceptions. Out as far as I am concerned 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 4

I am totally annoyed with what i’ve wittiness this season. Right from the start of the season we have look disjointed and out of rhythm in our play. This is probably due to injuries. When we got players back, they have found it hard to get back to where they once were and to add to this, they’ve come back at different time and when thing start to improve, we been hit with another injury. I think we do need a reset/refresh, not necessary in terms of players, but routine, back to playing once a week, so that players can train, prepare and rest. I think the 1st dozen of games are going to be vital for BR, more of the same will see him gone.

Edited by Lad1966

15 minutes ago, Diffco said:

How long has he had? All season? What are upgrading facilities for if you can't improve the performance in any given lacking area? 

I don't agree with his comments but I guess he means the lack of time in between each game recently. Not having proper schedules to train. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Rodgers has admitted that there's not enough time to rectify corner issues within training. You what? YOU WHAT? 80M STATE OF THE ART TRAINING FACILITIES. YOU WHAT? WHY EVEN INVEST AT ALL? I can't believe it. I can't believe the gall. I can't believe the exuberant blatant destruction of player motivation. He's pissing the owners investment down the God damn drain. Lesta deserve so much better than Brendan at this point. God ****ing damn 

Not enough time? What !! So, just whose idea was it for Pereira (5ft 6in) to mark Abraham (6ft 5in)?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the start of the season,  I was excited by the strength of our squad.   We are not even going to.manage 50 points.   

Injuries seemed to cripple us but then we have struggled to get points with a mainly fit squad recently.

I think that the following should constitute the bones of a fairly elite squad.

Schmeichel, Ward (top keepers at the Euros)

Perreira, Justin, Castagne, Thomas, Soyuncu, Fofana, Evans

Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans

Albrighton, Barnes, Lookman

Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka

18 potentially top players!   And KDH emerged.

Some of those players have been poor.But they were previously good.

Now we have got to this stage,  Rodgers seems culpable.    Had we won the ECL, the season would have been saved.

But how.many games have been a painful watch?   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, charly said:

Not enough time? What !! So, just whose idea was it for Pereira (5ft 6in) to mark Abraham (6ft 5in)?????

Obviously there was a height mismatch and the tactics were poor but you've nearly doubled the actual height difference here. Ricardo is 5ft 9 and Abraham is 6ft 3

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

He has to be solely responsible now for the corner kicks. I'd have more respect if he actually took responsibility, held his hands up and stopping blaming everyone else. 

What’s worse is how long its been going on for, it’s about 2 years now. How can he possibly say he hasn’t had time to work on the issues is beyond me, he’s a disgrace!

• Like 3