Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

That ‘when we arrived the Club were looking to avoid relegation’ quote is naughty. Here’s what the Guardian wrote on the day Puel was sacked:

Although Leicester sit 12th in the Premier League, within reach of their minimum pre-season target of a top-half finish, an increasing number of supporters, and some players, lost faith in the manager’s ability to inspire an upturn

I think the situation spiel improve, and we would have more sympathy and support for Brendan if occasionally he was more inclined to say something like

’I love this group of players. We have a super talented squad, and it’s my job to turn this around. Leicester City cannot necessarily expect to be a regular top 7 club, but that’s absolutely what we should aspire for. It’s on me to make sure we become more secure at the back, more creative in midfield and more clinical in attack. I’m up for the challenge and I’m quite sure our marvellous supporters are too’

Brendan if you read this and use it in your next presser I’d like a small fee please 

So he took on side that was 12th, and could leave the same side in 14th

Why doesn’t any interviewer hold him to account on his claptrap? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He has to be solely responsible now for the corner kicks. I'd have more respect if he actually took responsibility, held his hands up and stopping blaming everyone else. 

Personnel aside (and if you want to analyse that he’s been here three years so it’s his team) if you are paying a manger £10m a year and he can’t rectify or at least improve the teams shambolic ability to defend set pieces then huge questions needs to be asked imo. Genuinely seen amateur teams defend set pieces better.

Feels to me that Rodgers has checked out and is in full on PR mode now, promoting himself and shifting the blame as he formulates his exit strategy. I recall it being obvious he’d checked out at Celtic from the summer until he left in the February.

I can see him staying the summer and then being mutually consented come October/November time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What the fvck was playing KDH at wingback all about? Reminded of me at that time near the end of Raneri when he played Musa at wingback. 

Everton owner got millions or billions of cash to waste and the club has alot to lose if they go down.

Something abit dodgy today. Brendan's tactics and formations were totally wrong today 😎

10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He has to be solely responsible now for the corner kicks. I'd have more respect if he actually took responsibility, held his hands up and stopping blaming everyone else. 

A long time ago he should have just went man for man, allowed the strongest aerially to attack the ball and try and make first contact. It wouldn’t have been perfect and goals would still have conceded but it would have at least stopped the bleeding somewhat until summer when the personnel could be addressed.

Instead he perseveres with the definition of insanity, doing the same thing but expecting different results.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

A long time ago he should have just went man for man, allowed the strongest aerially to attack the ball and try and make first contact. It wouldn’t had been perfect and goals would still have conceded but it would have at least stopped the bleeding somewhat until summer when the personnel could be addressed.

Instead he perseveres with the definition of insanity, doing the same thing but expecting different results.

My Celtic mate says he didn't note any issues with corners under his tenure. You the same?

Edited by Collymore

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't agree with his comments but I guess he means the lack of time in between each game recently. Not having proper schedules to train. 

Only a few months ago he claimed we didn't have a set piece issue so it's not been a huge concern for him until everyone's started piling in on us about it, which given he claims we can only rectify things during the off season is also inexcusable as we were the pits at defending set pieces last season as well and he thought Fofana could single handedly sort it. He's got nowhere to hide.

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I can see him staying the summer and then being mutually consented come October/November time. 

That’s the worst case scenario for me, allowing him to spend millions, get off to a bad start next season and then sacking him. 

If we’re going to do it we need to do it within the next 2 or 3 weeks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

My Celtic mate says he didn't note any issues with corners under his tenure. You the same?

Yeah that’s true, there wasn’t any issue defensively from set pieces with us. Weirdly we went something like a couple of years not scoring from any but that transcends a few managers tbh.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That’s the worst case scenario for me, allowing him to spend millions, get off to a bad start next season and then sacking him. 

If we’re going to do it we need to do it within the next 2 or 3 weeks. 

I agree but I think the board will give him the summer to try and rebuild. I think they’ll believe he has enough credit in the bank to warrant that.

The thought of him undertaking a recruitment focussed rebuild though gives me the fear and can’t see it going well, hence my prediction.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Yeah loved losing 5-0 to palace because we were so solid

That was a single game and the lowest point.  We  are talking a pattern here, game after game of turgid, unambitious playing style and no sign of a way ti progress out of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm not pro Brendan but it's Matt Mills talking so I'd swerve it 

Took it with a pinch of salt at first when I heard it but as the season has gone on this 100% happened imo. Arrogant ****ing **** 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah that’s true, there wasn’t any issue defensively from set pieces with us. Weirdly we went something like a couple of years not scoring from any but that transcends a few managers tbh.

It's a weird one. I don't think for one second he's not got the  tactical knowledge when it comes to corners, I think it's one of the following:

1. Not giving players enough freedom to sort it out themselves - I mean, I can't think for one second that Evans and Fofana, if given pure control over things couldn't sort it better than today

2. Being focused so much on his philosophy of possession and control in training, it's like his Achilles heal as he's just ignored set pieces for so long.  

3. Coaches being allowed to tell him how to improve (ego issues)

4. We've now just built up this conscious problem where we just all know it's going to happen, so it does. A bit like a golfer with a swing issue or a snooker player with a certain fault.  

Edited by Collymore

‘We shoot ourselves in the foot with crosses… that’s my fault… we’ve tried different things’

Sounds a little different to what he was saying on the radio of not having had time to look at it

Another crazy thing I noticed today was the Everton time wasting and our players being visually frustrated by this.

We then went through the motions of retrieving the ball quickly, complaining to the ref and rushing about in dead play only to then put the ball in play and continue with slow, laboured, unimaginative play that was better time wasting that Everton could muster. 

It's really weird. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can’t believe his post match comments, I am starting to genuinely hate the bloke. 

I’ll be celebrating the day he gets the sack, I hope it’s sooner rather than later. 

Exactly how I feel.

I wasn’t a big fan of him as a person, then the negative football, and now the disrespect he shows to the club and his employers. My dislike is turning to hatred each time he speaks 

• Like 2

Regardless of everything else, the tactics, the results, the ability to defend set pieces, the disregard in which he holds the club and its fans etc:

The football is fooking boring. So, so fooking boring. I've questioned this season whether I actually like football or not. It's become a real waste of two hours, especially now with nice weather etc. Christ it's soo fooking dull. An absolute snorefest style of play. 

Football is an entertainment business. I am not entertained. I'm struggling to even keep my eyes open. Honestly, if you have insomnia, stick one of our games from this year on and you'll be asleep before you can even say "bin". 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 3