Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's a weird one. I don't think for one second he's not got the  tactical knowledge when it comes to corners, I think it's one of the following:

1. Not giving players enough freedom to sort it out themselves - I mean, I can't think for one second that Evans and Fofana, if given pure control over things couldn't sort it better than today

2. Being focused so much on his philosophy of possession and control in training, it's like his Achilles heal as he's just ignored set pieces for so long.  

3. Coaches being allowed to tell him how to improve (ego issues)

4. We've now just built up this conscious problem where we just all know it's going to happen, so it does. A bit like a golfer with a swing issue or a snooker player with a certain fault.  

5. Kasper doesn’t come for crosses, every team in the division knows this so swing corners into the 6 yard box and not 12 yards out making it way easier to head / bundle home.

6. Brendan won’t call Kasper out because he’s a cowardly little elf

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

5. Kasper doesn’t come for crosses, every team in the division knows this so swing corners into the 6 yard box and not 12 yards out making it way easier to head / bundle home.

6. Brendan won’t call Kasper out because he’s a cowardly little elf

Which would normally be sorted on 1 2 or 3. 

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

It's a weird one. I don't think for one second he's not got the  tactical knowledge when it comes to corners, I think it's one of the following:

1. Not giving players enough freedom to sort it out themselves - I mean, I can't think for one second that Evans and Fofana, if given pure control over things couldn't sort it better than today

2. Being focused so much on his philosophy of possession and control in training, it's like his Achilles heal as he's just ignored set pieces for so long.  

4. We've now just built up this conscious problem where we just all know it's going to happen, so it does. A bit like a golfer with a swing issue or a snooker player with a certain fault.  

Well I don’t think it could be 2, 

as we had the joint worse record with Leeds last year and he couldn’t use injuries as an excuse.

Not only are we the worse this year at defending we are currently joint bottom attacking goals from corners with 4.

I saw a thread on Reddit earlier from March saying since Arsenal got in a new defensive  

coach they hadn’t conceded a corner in 121 faced at the time.

They only conceded 4 the previous season, yet Mr 10 million a season couldn’t identify an issue of 11 conceded last season, by maybe changing staff.

Rodgers could learn a lot from Arteta, coincidentally Arsenal are joint third for Scoring Corners.

“They (set pieces) are a big part of the game, in the Premier League especially. You can see the top teams score a lot of goals from set pieces, but then they score another one or two (from open play) and nobody talks about it, but they’ve made a difference there. 

“You see in the Champions League it’s happening. You have to dominate every part of the game. Football is becoming quicker and more complicated. Everyone is really good and have a good knowledge and we have to find advantages where we can.”

Jover arrived in pre-season from Manchester City, replacing Andreas Georgson, who returned to former club Malmo as their sporting director, and has overseen major improvement at both offensive and defensive set-pieces.”

Edited by HankMarvin

22 minutes ago, Collymore said:

....with the golf issue, it is something involved with your swing and you will not be able to sort it unless someone points it out, for you to address!!!

A snooker problem comes down to cueing, once again inherent in your delivery when striking the ball. You will not notice it until someone points it out, as what you are doing is natural to you.

If there is an issue and it is repeatedly pointed out and you fail to address it, then that is a failing on your part.

32 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think it is mostly a version of 1) and combination of all 4) if we had a defensive leader or captain directing on the field that mismatch wouldn’t be allowed. It wasn’t a one off occurrence. Today we saw evans and fofana at odds with kasper about who and how to mark. That wouldn’t happen with a dominant john Terry type there. The players also seemed to be unsure as to their roles and maybe we are over complicating it with the combination of zonal and some man to man. Plus some of them just aren’t good enough or aggressive enough or totally committed at defending corners. Again we saw a player misjudging a jump and getting underneath the ball. Sort it out FFS. And put someone on the posts please. 

• Like 1

If we truly were "just happy to stay in the league" then we would have appointed a Pulis, Allardyce or Hodgson by now. Granted Puel was not the most inspiring appointment but at least we had a vision to build something rather than wanting to just stay in the league at all costs. 

2 hours ago, Diffco said:

Rodgers has admitted that there's not enough time to rectify corner issues within training. You what? YOU WHAT? 80M STATE OF THE ART TRAINING FACILITIES. YOU WHAT? WHY EVEN INVEST AT ALL? I can't believe it. I can't believe the gall. I can't believe the exuberant blatant destruction of player motivation. He's pissing the owners investment down the God damn drain. Lesta deserve so much better than Brendan at this point. God ****ing damn 

Didnt you know we have to finesse the passing sideways and backwards.

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We will be anyway.

Look at our first team today. How many of those players get into better sides than ours? Cannot be no more than 3.

We need more than a summer, more than a couple good players.

I reckon Fofana would get in Brentford's side.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Brendan Rodgers is the same height as Vladimir Putin, has anyone ever seen the two of them in the same room? No

Obvious when you think about it.

The nature of their press conferences and the way they’re able to brainwash the media are identical 

31 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Brendan Rodgers is the same height as Vladimir Putin, has anyone ever seen the two of them in the same room? No

Obvious when you think about it.

I mean, I know watching us feels like torture but I'm not sure that playing bad football makes you a war criminal

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, I know watching us feels like torture but I'm not sure that playing bad football makes you a war criminal

You don’t think he should have to explain the set piece defending in The Hague? Interesting…..

• Haha 2

Not quite sure why people are so wound up by his interview(if it’s the bbc one).

Maybe it’s because I didn’t watch it until this morning.

I know he says the stuff about winning trophies since he’s been here, but he also take responsibility and say the fans were right to boo today. 

He needs 3 or 4 results else he may well be in big trouble coke the end of the season.

His excuses regarding the set piece training and lack of time...

Yet they had time to high 5 each of the coaching staff after that corner kick practice with the dummy on the edges of the box that went in a few weeks ago.... 🤔 

• Like 1

It's happened before, the players may have downed tools as they just don't want him any more for whatever reason. Maybe it's because of the comments like yesterday where he says we need players in which show hunger and the other time where he said he needs a squad refresh. Unfortunately the power is now with the players, they've realised we've got nothing to play for so maybe they might as well get him sacked. Professional? No! But I suppose it's the way of the premier league world at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Quite telling for me now how many ardent BR defenders of the past few months have turned now. There's no way back from here for him. He's done.

Please don't waste six months, and consequently another season on this. It's absolutely ridiculous. I thought somebody was being dramatic when they said we were the next Everton but we're only 7 points ahead of them. We might be nearer to it than I thought.

I go to 90% of our games and felt like snapping my season ticket after that earlier. I've no interest in any of these games. I cannot make any case for a manager where I actively want to do something else, because it's a huge part of my life, and I'm reduced to that.

Sack him. Get him out.

Same. As a 20+ year season ticket holder, for the first time in a very long time, I’m starting to not want to go to home games. I’m bored with it. 

The actual values of his ‘brand of football’ are:

- Slow

- Predictable

- Uncreative 

- Weak

- Too Nice

He talks a fantastic game. But he, and his coaching staff, can’t instil it. They have to go. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

His excuses regarding the set piece training and lack of time...

Yet they had time to high 5 each of the coaching staff after that corner kick practice with the dummy on the edges of the box that went in a few weeks ago.... 🤔 

Did a training dummy score against us from a corner then get high fives?

• Haha 1

I remember watching the pre-season games against Burton and Wycombe thinking we looked slow and that a lot of intensity had gone from our game but put it down to pre season etc.

we then lost Fofana and this did lead people to say we had changed tactics to nullify his loss, he is back now and what concerns me is the tactics are exactly the same, which suggests this has been a pre-meditated decision to change our playing style, in which case he has to go as this clearly does not suit the players in our squad and is a season wasted. 

• Like 4