Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

His excuses regarding the set piece training and lack of time...

Yet they had time to high 5 each of the coaching staff after that corner kick practice with the dummy on the edges of the box that went in a few weeks ago.... 🤔 

He’s an excuse merchant. 
There is no way they don’t have time to spend an extra hour every other training session working out how to defend corners.  
You hear stories about players like Beckham spending hours after training hitting free kicks. 
Even Lampard would practice his long range shooting for hours after training.
Brendan doesn’t instil anything into this lot. He wants to be their mates and as soon as he starts making them work harder and longer in training, he knows they’ll properly turn on him.

For me, he’s the main issue we’re so mentally weak. He’s all hot air.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, teblin said:

Not quite sure why people are so wound up by his interview(if it’s the bbc one).

Maybe it’s because I didn’t watch it until this morning.

I know he says the stuff about winning trophies since he’s been here, but he also take responsibility and say the fans were right to boo today. 

He needs 3 or 4 results else he may well be in big trouble coke the end of the season.

The amount of times I’ve read “he needs to do [INSERT OBJECTIVE HERE] else he’s gone” and he’s failed them all and still here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone saying Brendan took any responsibility in his post match interview have another listen. He says the players are too small, he doesn’t have enough time to practice set-pieces, he’s missing Wilf, he needs new players and a refresh. Not once does he take responsibility. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Anyone saying Brendan took any responsibility in his post match interview have another listen. He says the players are too small, he doesn’t have enough time to practice set-pieces, he’s missing Wilf, he needs new players and a refresh. Not once does he take responsibility. 

Fair enough, but just as a counterpoint, what did he get wrong? No hyperbole please, what actual things did he get wrong?

3 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I still have zero desire to watch that interview. I’m sure it’ll just piss me off.

Can someone please explain why we’re playing Youri every game, personally he wouldn’t play again for us apart from the last 20 of the last game. Done nothing for 25 games. 

Edited by dannythefox

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, but just as a counterpoint, what did he get wrong? No hyperbole please, what actual things did he get wrong?

Accepted a job with a club that had recently won the Premier League, who were currently 12th and seriously underperforming.

Took them to 14th playing worse football, and told everyone that he was appointed to keep them in the league. 

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No hyperbole please, what actual things did he get right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Accepted a job with a club that had recently won the Premier League, who were currently 12th and seriously underperforming.

Took them to 14th playing worse football, and told everyone that he was appointed to keep them in the league. 

Ok, and I am not an apologist, if he is proven and ordered by Top to go, then sure, go

But, the first line - it was 3 years after we won the league, the decline had been begun by others

The premier league win was an outlier, people really need to get a grip on this by now

Second line, yes, we are 14th now, thats a problem, fix it Brendan

Yes he accepted a job the season after the s

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Specially on the day I think 3 at the back, playing KDH left-wing back etc…but the problems run far deeper. The team have been coached and instructed to play a possession game and build from the back. It’s become so ponderous that teams have time to get set and we simply can’t find a way through. 

• Like 1

There will be zero buzz going into next season of we somehow allow him to stay and 'rebuild'. And if he is allowed to do so he's only trying to fix the problems he's created himself. This isn't somebody else's squad that he whinging about, it's his! 

Give us something to be excited about Top. This man is finished here

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No hyperbole please, what actual things did he get right?

I could say I asked first, but I will actually answer the question rather than wriggling out of it

3-4-3 looked like could be fine, we looked fine for a start

Two up top with Kel and Daka had hope, something it was good to see

Heads dropped when we couldn't score and they did

We lack backbone, seriously

It is SO lazy to blame all the woes on the manager

Plenty of players are poor this season, maybe its the manager

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, and I am not an apologist, if he is proven and ordered by Top to go, then sure, go

But, the first line - it was 3 years after we won the league, the decline had been begun by others

The premier league win was an outlier, people really need to get a grip on this by now

Second line, yes, we are 14th now, thats a problem, fix it Brendan

Yes he accepted a job the season after the s

I see what your getting at but don’t think anyone is saying, I don’t think, that he came into a high-performing side who were competing for titles year after year. What he’s inferring is that we were a team fighting relegation and he’s turned us into a team competing for silverware year on year. The reality is right now, our league position is worse and we are closer to be relegated than when he arrived. We also had to shocking cup exits this season. 

3 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Specially on the day I think 3 at the back, playing KDH left-wing back etc…but the problems run far deeper. The team have been coached and instructed to play a possession game and build from the back. It’s become so ponderous that teams have time to get set and we simply can’t find a way through. 

This is not a fact, its an opinion, Brendan frequently bemoans our slow passing or maybe you think he is kidding?

36 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

The amount of times I’ve read “he needs to do [INSERT OBJECTIVE HERE] else he’s gone” and he’s failed them all and still here!

Not me setting an objective was more a speculative comment based on what the the owners/chief executive might be thinking.

Just now, teblin said:

Not me setting an objective was more a speculative comment based on what the the owners/chief executive might be thinking.

I understand, but my point is that FT have been saying he’s going for about 6 months and we’re still waiting 😂

I’m starting to think Top doesn’t have the balls.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

‘Players are too small’ - as @Stadtpointed out, Man City are one of the smallest teams in the league and can defend set pieces. 

‘He doesn’t have enough time to practice set pieces’ - ???, he’s running training FFS, he’s on 10mil and can’t find the time despite every other manager in the league having the capability?

’Hes missing Wilf’ - we’ve missed plenty of players this season, it seems since he turned up with his notoriously intense training regimen (and sacked our long standing physio with an excellent record), we’ve suffered a catastrophic injury record, any correlation there?

’He needs new players and a refresh’ - this wraps back round to the players being ‘too small’, if it’s an issue it’s his own failings as he’s been in position for two seasons. If he can’t motivate his extremely talented squad then it’s on his shoulders. 

Its all deflective, self serving excuses. If it’s come to the point it’s as pathetic as ‘I don’t have time to practice’ like a teenager who didn’t do his homework then it’s time to go.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I see what your getting at but don’t think anyone is saying, I don’t think, that he came into a high-performing side who were competing for titles year after year. What he’s inferring is that we were a team fighting relegation and he’s turned us into a team competing for silverware year on year. The reality is right now, our league position is worse and we are closer to be relegated than when he arrived. We also had to shocking cup exits this season. 

It was actually said in the post I responded too, but anyway...

Please don`t think i am happy, how can we be, but we risk (are in the midst of) a witchunt.

Post title win, we had Claudio, Puel, and both were lambasted, this has nothing to do with the title win, and using it as a stick to be anyone now is bizarre,

The rhetoric that all we need is a manager and it will all be good is very odd, we desparately need to reenergise this squad, and just changing the manager may help, but the squad are also massively at fault.

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

‘Players are too small’ - as @Stadtpointed out, Man City are one of the smallest teams in the league and can defend set pieces. 

‘He doesn’t have enough time to practice set pieces’ - ???, he’s running training FFS, he’s on 10mil and can’t find the time despite every other manager in the league having the capability?

’Hes missing Wilf’ - we’ve missed plenty of players this season, it seems since he turned up with his notoriously intense training regimen (and sacked our long standing physio with an excellent record), we’ve suffered a catastrophic injury record, any correlation there?

’He needs new players and a refresh’ - this wraps back round to the players being ‘too small’, if it’s an issue it’s his own failings as he’s been in position for two seasons. If he can’t motivate his extremely talented squad then it’s on his shoulders. 

Its all deflective, self serving excuses. If it’s come to the point it’s as pathetic as ‘I don’t have time to practice’ like a teenager who didn’t do his homework then it’s time to go.

Are these points (Except practising set pieces - wtf?) untrue? Or are we lambasting him because we don`t like these truths?

Oh, and this squad is only extremely talented through blue-tinted specs

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was torn up until yesterday, having flip flopped from wanting him gone in Jan/Feb due to being sick and tired of the ignorance towards the set piece issue and injuries. However there was an improvement and I reflected that perhaps it was too early to call time on him given we had many games in hand and over a 3rd of the season left where with players returning we could end the season on the march instead of nosediving like we have been accustomed to. 

Yet here we are after no wins in 7, its beggars belief how our form has collapsed after those immense displays vs Palace and PSV. I genuinely thought we were tracking nicely and Vardy returning just seemed like the headlines had already been written.

Yet here we are, we've single handedly kept Everton in the Premier League and you'd not put it past us to not beat Norwich or Watford either. Let's not forget, the 5 league games we've just gone winless on were all below us and the absolute pits bar Spurs and I suppose Newcastle but its revolting and there's very little excuses.

As I said before the Everton game, we need to see 3-4 wins in these final games and a good amount of goals, Where's the pride and fight from this lot. Its very sad to see, let's hope they can rediscover it.

I admire weirdly those who still have unwavering support and faith in Rodgers but history suggests its nigh on impossible for him to get us back challenging the top 6, can't think of a manager in recent years at this level that's hit the heights we have (even with a sense of could have been much much better) and then spiralled 10+ places and dusted themselves down and turned it around. I don't think it'll happen, but I hope I'm wrong.

Points dropped and recovered is a better indicator, as league placing can be tight on points and decided on goal difference etc. If you go by points dropped and recovered, then David Moyes at Everton got them into the Champions League, then dropped 11 points the following season, then recovered 8 points the season after that. Klopp at Liverpool win the league, then dropped 30 points the following season, and look on course to recover 20 points this season. 

Interestingly, West Ham look like they could drop 10 points on last season. Interestingly, the same thing happened for Moyes - gets a team into Europe, league form suffers the following year. Same thing happened to Leicester the year after you won the league. Without a big, equally talented squad, 4 competitions is a lot for anyone to deal with. Didn't O'Neill once say, or get criticized for, sacrificing European games and cup games  at Villa to make sure league form didn't suffer?

I think Rodgers should walk away here. It's getting too toxic, and managers can't come back from that. But it should be with the understanding that this season is not an out of ordinary season for clubs who don't have billions to spend on their squad and have to do things the old fashioned way, i.e. manage resources, when faced with an extra competition in the schedule. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Are these points (Except practising set pieces - wtf?) untrue? Or are we lambasting him because we don`t like these truths?

Oh, and this squad is only extremely talented through blue-tinted specs

Yeah because Brendan is that much of a genius he managed to get an average team to finish 5th two seasons in a row (should've been 4th on both occasions) and win an FA cup