Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

BR: - We've gone from a team that was maybe happy to stay in the league, and now we're a team that's disappointed that we don't win a trophy

The comments he made suggest he's either expecting the sack or is actively pushing for the sack.

Edited by purpleronnie

Just now, purpleronnie said:

The comments he made suggest he's either expecting the sack or is actively pushing for the sack.

If he gets the sack , he will pick up over £20 million , the club and the supporters will get a kicking from the media. He will deflect blame away from himself and be in another job on similar pay before you know it with his reputation largely intact. He can't really lose can he.

We can all see a changes is needed this summer.  I think we need a manager who will allow players to play freely and enjoy their football.

Players are assets .... expensive to wage and turnover is financially inefficient.   We have to make them as effectively as possible .  I am not keen on a big clear out...  we have many players who can be improved sbdvthst is financially efficient.

I would let soyuncu go and bring in a new CB and find a physical cm .  And thats it.  But I would let bredan go.

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Has he gone yet?

Breathe it in, breathe it in...imagine how many sideways and backwards passes we can see in 3 years!!!!

image.thumb.png.250a4adf3f0e82028281f17449b58a06.png

The future is here baby!  lol

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I think one of the concerns I have is we let some of our best players go (who possibly would jump at the chance to move away from Brendan's stale tactics) so that we're able to "rebuild". But those same players could well flourish under a new manager with different tactics and with the recruitment of new players under Brendan it's is far from guaranteed that the right players will be brought in to replace them.

This is possibly out biggest gamble since the 16/17 recruitment bonanza.

Who are you referring too?

Tielemans will go so that's irrelevant.

Rodgers won't want to lose Maddison. 

My only worry is if he lets a full back go (ie Castagne/Ricardo/Justin) but I can't really see that happening either.

Fofona won't go (yet).

Who else are you counting as "best players" ?

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If he gets the sack , he will pick up over £20 million , the club and the supporters will get a kicking from the media. He will deflect blame away from himself and be in another job on similar pay before you know it with his reputation largely intact. He can't really lose can he.

Why? He's been in the job over 3 years now in an era where if you don't perform to expectations, regardless of the circumstances, you move on. This wouldn't be a gut decision, it's one that has been brewing all year and I fail to see why anyone in the media wouldn't respect that.  And further more, the worst the fans did yesterday was boo. Edit -> When the spurs fans wanted Nuno out they were seeing 'you are not good enough' and 'Levy out' from the stands. The fans have done nothing wrong.

Spurs fired Nuno when they looked like mid table fodder. Yes there were a lot of media ramblings at the time but not one single person in the media is going to review this season and say spurs made the wrong decision.  To some degree, Top's legacy hangs on this decision. If he retains Rodgers, then next season we have to be a firing and getting good consistent results. He also gives Rodgers his rebuild. I'm not sure right now i want to risk either.

Edited by jamesp26
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thats easy - Roma have many tall players, we don`t  :dunno:  (Abraham is not noted for headed goals, so suggest he should have been marked by Jonny or a taller player is just hindsight judgement.)

The point about zonal/man marking is a good one, I have no clue what he was doing there

When did Evans last clear a corner? Our best header of a ball is redundant an innocent bystander while the likes of Ricardo, Thomas, Mendy are matching up  key attacking players. If we do clear a corner it’s nearly always NDidi, Ihenacho or Vardy who do it..

I’ve got to say I’m amazed at the lack of  “Rodgers in” resistance there is in these two threads. He really has truly lost the fans now.

Please Top… do not waste the Summer, Your own money on a rebuild and “10-15 games” of next season delaying the totally inevitable. He’s finished here.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I think one of the concerns I have is we let some of our best players go (who possibly would jump at the chance to move away from Brendan's stale tactics) so that we're able to "rebuild". But those same players could well flourish under a new manager with different tactics and with the recruitment of new players under Brendan it's is far from guaranteed that the right players will be brought in to replace them.

This is possibly out biggest gamble since the 16/17 recruitment bonanza.

We basically have a very good team with some exceptional talent in a number of areas. The fact that these players are not performing and seem unable or unwilling to put in a shift for the manager is telling. 

possession for possessions sake is mind numbing and pointless. A true top flight manager would have realised this by now. A true top flight manager would have addressed the issues that are so glaringly obvious to those of us not paid £9 million a year to do the job Brendan is employed to do. 

The team as a whole appear completely uninvested in whatever Brendan is trying to achieve. 

saying we need a complete rebuild puts the blame squarely on the players. We cannot afford the sort of rebuild Brendan is suggesting without selling 3 or 4 major assets. 

I think Brendan is done here. The team clearly do not respect him or his methods anymore. 

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

*No context alert*   :ph34r:

The context is in the post I’m replying to.

If you just read this reply it makes no sense… read your embedded post and it makes perfect sense. 

But you knew that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

I’ve got to say I’m amazed at the lack of  “Rodgers in” resistance there is in these two threads. He really has truly lost the fans now.

Please Top… do not waste the Summer, Your own money on a rebuild and “10-15 games” of next season delaying the totally inevitable. He’s finished here.

They usually come out fighting a day or so after a bad game. 

But I imagine the past 2 games have turned a lot of heads. 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Interesting discussion on here but I don't imagine for a second that Rodgers position is even being considered at LCFC towers. I'm convinced he will be with us next season. 

Hmm - not sure. Top was there yesterday, and he will be well aware of the league position and the general mood around the ground. I would also like to think that if there is a dressing room issue that Top would at least be informed about this. I think it will be a big talking point today.

Not to appear as though I only post on here when I want a manager out, but really it is time for him to go.

My frustrations with this team lie with the profile and how he has us playing. We’re too short and lightweight to contend, so teams just come and bully us off the ball. We pose no aerial threat which is an obvious frustration.. my biggest pet peeve is when we are chasing a game and are pumping crosses into the box in the vague hopes Vardy will out-jump 2 centre backs.

Finally, the pedestrian build-up play! It’s far too slow and gives teams time to find their structure, then low and behold.. we struggle to break down or find any route through! This has to be coming from him, he seems too proud to counter-attack and is hell-bent on this possession based attacking. It’s bland and ineffective.

Personally, I don’t hate the guy but I don’t think he’s as good as many make him out to be. He’s achieved some really good things, but the longer he’s hear… the worse we look.

Put it this way… Rodgers is very charismatic, he knows the right things to say, to the right people, at the right time.. he’s made a bloody good career out of it as well!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Abraham (2.1 per game) wins more Ariel duels than Ibanez (1.9) and Smalling (1.9). It took me 2 minutes to find those stats - readily available to BR and his team.

Thats pretty cutting dried then, sorry I did not look myself, but you have proven he should have known that Abraham was more of a threat than Smalling or Ibanez. So I will not try to defend him on this  :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Interesting discussion on here but I don't imagine for a second that Rodgers position is even being considered at LCFC towers. I'm convinced he will be with us next season. 

He will if we dont speak up.

Dont boo the players... chant Rodgers out

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I understand, but my point is that FT have been saying he’s going for about 6 months and we’re still waiting 😂. I'm starting to think Top doesn’t have the balls.

Try not to turn this into an idea that we have any influence on Rodger's position or that it's a simple decision for Top to make based on some Alpha male posturing. It's difficult to call time on a bloke who's been in charge during a relatively successful period and who might be a good personal friend. And also will walk away with barrow loads of compo.