Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, KFS said:

Probably one of the biggest criticisms I have of him is his preparation for big games. The shit he and the players came out with before Forest compared to their camp had me knowing we’d lose that game before we even showed up.

This small time, apologetic, playing down of our football club is the main reason I want him out. I want to be the aggressive, iron mentality bastards sticking it to the greedy six just like Atletico were and now have their seat at the table. No other manager of the other 14 talks like he does. He probably has the best resources of them all too.

Who’s out there who can make the fans, players and staff believe we should be up there and has ambitions to make it happen? That’s who I want to replace him.

:pearson:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The Brighton game could have gone either way - I mean the goal we scored was ridiculous in that.

The final itself, we've banged in a 30 yarder while Chelsea have missed a couple of guilt edged chances, Kaspers had a worldie and we were about 2mm from going into extra time with a crippled Wes morgan and about 6 other defensive players lol

I loved it and wouldn't change the final for anything, but in my opinion you're being a touch more than biased if you think we weren't fortunate to win that final haha.

In what way, it was good play, a good quickly taken corner to an unmarked Nacho, sure you are talking about the right game.

The amount of empty seats at full time was very telling. We were 2-1 down to Everton not 6-1 down to Real Madrid. Arguably it was all still to play for right up until the final whistle. However, a lot of fans are tired, fed up and lost hope in this regime. We had three strikers on and people still walked out. 

• Like 3

Can see a scenario where he is given the summer and is gone in time for the world Cup break as that will be like having another pre-season. Been brilliant for us, but things have gone stale and it just feels like the players have that same lethargy that signalled the end of the road for previous managers.

We lack energy, we struggle to make clearcut chances and the lack of improvement on set pieces is mind blowing.  I am struggling to see what we are doing in training as the patterns of play are exactly the same from the previous two years and teams have worked it out. The lack of integration for soumare and daka means that we are no different from last year and apart from kdh, we are so predictable, but now we have overworked him too and led to his recent dip in form. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The amount of empty seats at full time was very telling. We were 2-1 down to Everton not 6-1 down to Real Madrid. Arguably it was all still to play for right up until the final whistle. However, a lot of fans are tired, fed up and lost hope in this regime. We had three strikers on and people still walked out. 

What I found interesting was, given the large number of obviously empty seats in the stadium whilst the game yesterday was in progress, to then see the official attendance declared as being 32k+ can only mean that several thousand fans had bought tickets - from which that attendance figure is calculated - but then didn't bother to attend.

If Top and company didn't find that level of disconnect worrying, they should.

53 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The Brighton game could have gone either way - I mean the goal we scored was ridiculous in that.

The final itself, we've banged in a 30 yarder while Chelsea have missed a couple of guilt edged chances, Kaspers had a worldie and we were about 2mm from going into extra time with a crippled Wes morgan and about 6 other defensive players lol

I loved it and wouldn't change the final for anything, but in my opinion you're being a touch more than biased if you think we weren't fortunate to win that final haha.

Luck always plays a part and particularly in cup football. Kasper plays for so his saves are not luck but good skill by him. The fact Youri bang one in is not luck. That Werner for example did not do the same is the fine margins. There are many instances in earlier rounds where teams could be described as lucky. 

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You just got that feeling that we weren't going to get back into game, as negative as that sounds I think that was the general consensus amongst fans yesterday and like you say the majority had just had enough.  

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

And in turn, I see people dismissing top 6 finishes as though it was easy. I don't buy the 'he's failed by finishing 5th argument', that is simply an exercise in shifting the goalposts after the fact to try and remain 'right'. 

Like I said, a top 5 finish on paper is amazing and a great achievement for Leicester.

But in reality it should have been even better. For 3 seasons in a row we've gone to pot in the last 2 months.

After the game yesterday he questioned the mentality of the players, surely after over 3 years at a club, some of that has to come down to him? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KFS said:

Probably one of the biggest criticisms I have of him is his preparation for big games. The shit he and the players came out with before Forest compared to their camp had me knowing we’d lose that game before we even showed up.

This small time, apologetic, playing down of our football club is the main reason I want him out. I want to be the aggressive, iron mentality bastards sticking it to the greedy six just like Atletico were and now have their seat at the table. No other manager of the other 14 talks like he does. He probably has the best resources of them all too.

Who’s out there who can make the fans, players and staff believe we should be up there and has ambitions to make it happen? That’s who I want to replace him.

Yep Brendan sure does like to make us out like some tin pot club, whilst the opposition are fantastic. Listening to him talk feels like we're playing Man City or Liverpool every week.

• Like 2

Thing is, would you trust him with this "rebuild"?

We could be £60m down, missing Tielemans & Caglar yet in a worse position with Rodgers if last summer was anything to go by. Internally we'll have a better grasp of what's going on contractually, who is likely coming and going this summer. Susan Whelan, Rudkin & Top have a high hit rate for making the right decision at the right time, so whatever happens as fans we should be confident in the Club.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, 99.1% BLUE said:

For those more mathematically minded, and less lazy to work it out, can we still go down!?

Mathematically, yes. But we won't - even if we pick up 0 more points. We'd need Burnley (Spurs, Villa, Newcastle) AND Leeds (Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford) to win all of their games or win 2 by a handsome margin and draw one. We'd additionally need Everton to get 7 points from Watford, Brentford, Palace and Arsenal. And for Southampton to win either the game against us or Liverpool. Fivethirtyeight aren't even putting a probability against us - our season is done.

20 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

His comments also suggest that he thinks he’s too good for us and we’re lucky to have him here. 
Which many on here have already suggested about him previously.

The crowd need to get vocal about wanting him out on Wednesday so Top and the board know in no uncertain terms that we are fed up of him. 

Few ironic chants of "we are staying up" at the start of the game?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, this is just someone seeking the negative in any situation. I acknowledge that things are less than great right now, but what you present here is somewhat less than balanced. 

I'd suggest that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle - things are perhaps not as rosy as some believe, but maybe not as negative either. You can use both points of view as a reason to stick with or to get rid of the manager - I suppose the only opinion that really matters is the board's. 

The bit where he says "I take responsibility" was obviously going to be overshadowed by the comments where he's implied we're basically Brentford. He's very clever with how he does it. Ticks the box but ultimately knows it's going to be overshadowed but ultimately framing the situation as something different to what it is.

That wasn't taking responsibility. Just because he said the words doesn't mean he's doing it. He undid it all with what he said after.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's currently no system that looks good with the slow and laboured football we play. The only players that get the ball repeatedly with space are our centre halves and yet its like they've got webbed feet at times, Evans has a bad case of the shanks, every pass goes behind his defensive partners and adds further tepidness to our play.

We look so disjointed, we don't press high, having done so vs Palace it's then vanished once again and watch our positioning when we get the ball, we have our defence and then the midfield and attack all very close to one another which allows the opposition to fix their banks of 4 knowing that there's a good chance we'll pass ourselves in to boredom and the pressure will dissipate. 

I'm so sick of the lack of movement and energy, the players need to take a big slice of the criticism for this of course but it's systematic as well to how bad its got here and it falls on the manager who gets paid the benjamin's to keep his squad firing and relentless.

He needs to take responsibility an'all, stop with the bull shit sound bites and take a risk on his perfect persona and show some humbleness and vulnerability and admit he's under performed as a manager. Not a chance he thinks that though, unflinching in his mindset and vision of things, which is very fruitful when things are going well but when they aren't its a huge blindspot that I think will be what costs him.

He never will. He's got no incentive to. People in the media and some of our fans bizarrely will keep falling for it and Brand Brendan will grow while he holds Leicester City back.

I'm done with him. There's no coming back. He's actively damaging us at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

He never will. He's got no incentive to. People in the media and some of our fans bizarrely will keep falling for it and Brand Brendan will grow while he holds Leicester City back.

I'm done with him. There's no coming back. He's actively damaging us at this point.

The Brendan Bummers is a better phrase 

• Haha 2

Id just like to say this.

Teams dont progress and move forward forever. If it did there would be nothing left for us to compete in and win.

Weve gone backwards this season and we need to rebuild the team. I think we need to give Rodgers a chance to do this and bring in the profile of players he wants.

When weve been good under Rodgers weve been good. Weve won 2 trophies and at tines been one of the best in the league with slick stylish football.

Levels HAVE dropped this season but when youre out of it and injuries take their toll its hard to turn things around.

Its why a good start to a season is imperative to me, especially nowadays. No one plays catchup unless theyve had a nightmare fixture list.

Im NOT absolving Rodgers of blame, but to me he is still a quality manager.

He needs a summer of transfers and a start to next season. Lets not be needlessly hasty about this. Not every problem is solved by ripping things up or short term bounce that convinces everyone theres some magic formula.

Going backwards is part of the deal sometimes. Just the same as mercedes wont regress to the back of the grid i feel Rodgers will know where he wants to strengthen and will hit the ground running next season.

If he doesnt then when October comes around, he has a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s hard not to reminisce about the time when we collapsed so completely that we skipped merrily away from an almost guaranteed champions league place.

Those were the days.

And to experience such a gilded collapse in both individual and team form, not once, but twice—blessed.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Like I said, a top 5 finish on paper is amazing and a great achievement for Leicester.

But in reality it should have been even better. For 3 seasons in a row we've gone to pot in the last 2 months.

After the game yesterday he questioned the mentality of the players, surely after over 3 years at a club, some of that has to come down to him? 

....he creates the environment for them to work in!!!

If there is a weakness in mentality, does that not come from him and the mentality that is fostered around them on a day to day basis.

5 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Id just like to say this.

Teams dont progress and move forward forever. If it did there would be nothing left for us to compete in and win.

Weve gone backwards this season and we need to rebuild the team. I think we need to give Rodgers a chance to do this and bring in the profile of players he wants.

When weve been good under Rodgers weve been good. Weve won 2 trophies and at tines been one of the best in the league with slick stylish football.

Levels HAVE dropped this season but when youre out of it and injuries take their toll its hard to turn things around.

Its why a good start to a season is imperative to me, especially nowadays. No one plays catchup unless theyve had a nightmare fixture list.

Im NOT absolving Rodgers of blame, but to me he is still a quality manager.

He needs a summer of transfers and a start to next season. Lets not be needlessly hasty about this. Not every problem is solved by ripping things up or short term bounce that convinces everyone theres some magic formula.

Going backwards is part of the deal sometimes. Just the same as mercedes wont regress to the back of the grid i feel Rodgers will know where he wants to strengthen and will hit the ground running next season.

If he doesnt then when October comes around, he has a problem.

I do fully agree when we have looked good under Rodgers we have been excellent. And 2 trophies at Wembley has to be acknowledged.

All teams will decline at some stage, as you correctly mentioned it is impossible to keep progressing year on year for all teams. 

I do though have an issue with set pieces, I do not believe any top manger would concede so many goals from set plays. We already have every player back in the box from corners. We have no counter attacking threat due to this so teams know they can put more players forward.

The squad - Overall we have some very good players, I do not agree with Brendans comments that we overachieved for 2 years and finished 5th. Fofana, Soyuncu, Maddison, Youri, Vardy, + Barnes and Ricardo pre injuries all could have played for top 4 sides, in my opinion. JJ as well was excellent. During those years. What we are seeing now is players who are low on confidence, clearly form, and are all being told they are not good enough for top 6, by the manager. His job is to get the best out of the players he has, this has not just been below par, this has been shocking this season. 

As fans we have been told to lower expectations from our own manager, we were hoping to stay up before he arrived I believe were his words. There is a reason the stadium is quiet, we have dipped to what the manager offers us. Pearsons team finished 14th with far worse players. 

Summer Transfer - If we are to believe we need a total rebuild that the manager says. He spent 60 million in the summer, Vestegaard, Bertrand, Soumare and Daka. Only Daka has shown some sort of promise and he rarely gets played. My personal opinion but I would not trust Brendan to take control over signings. Celtic fans warned us of this and this is what we have seen. 

It is not easy finding the right manager who fits a club, but Brendan I do not think ever will, just his personality will never warm to any club he goes too. Rodgers has been here for 3 seasons now and we have never finished a season well. We have declined when the season matters the most every season he is here. 

• Like 1

If you hired an executive into a company and at the time of hiring the company had a T/O of £30m. If that T/O doubled in say 2 years you wouldnt expect your executive to continue doing things you were doing at the 30m T/O - You'd expect them to drive the business to the 90m. That's how progress is made. If your exec spends his time looking at what he has done 2 years previous and every time the business fails to hit its mark going forward refers back to that period, you've got a person happy with what he has achieved previously - the drives gone. 

This season we've had the manager tell us:

We have overacheived.

That players who do well should consider leaving. 

and now that we were simply happy to exist before his arrival. 

The manager has lost his drive. He believes he is the best thing to happen to us and we should be appreciative of that. He has achieved great things. but that lack of drive is evident in the players - we see it every week. The era is over because that drive at the start of his first season has long gone. We need to make the decision as to whether we are happy being that SME or do we want to be big business - if its the latter, this is not the man for us - its over. Nothing is changing. We may have a good run again but we will falter again. We will have embarrassing results. We will have technical issues like corners like we have right now.  We will hit very poor runs that seem like we cant get out of. If we continue this way we will be that mid-table championship team (so many remind us of) we were all those years ago - if you are not progressing you falter and fall. Look at Stoke - when we came up they were a team doing what we wanted to do in the PL - where are they now? 

Making changes at the right time is critical. This summer window is going to be important for us. Yeah we may lose Soyuncu and Tielemans but neither have shown up this year anyway. Who we replace them with, the style, the mentality - is where we go next. You cant say give him the summer and the next few months or get rid. If you give him this summer you have to say I'm giving him another two years or we are wasting and potentially risking next season and maybe a few others after that. A bad start and window usually means one thing for a club of our size. 

• Like 3

The likes of Vardy, Schmeichel, Albrighton and Evans are all past their prime and inevitably their performance levels will begin to decline, but there are many core members of our squad who are young enough to have not yet reached their peak in terms of performance, the likes of Maddison, KDH, Barnes, Ndidi, Justin, Fofana, Thomas, Barnes, Daka, Soumare, Iheanacho. Most of these players, with a couple of notable exceptions, have clearly regressed and or failed to realize their potential this season, and this is reflected in our results. While the coach cannot reverse the realities of the aging process, he must be held accountable for the development of those players with room to grow. In fact, I thought that was Rodgers' M.O. He clearly has some serious questions to answer in this regard. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Mathematically, yes. But we won't - even if we pick up 0 more points. We'd need Burnley (Spurs, Villa, Newcastle) AND Leeds (Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford) to win all of their games or win 2 by a handsome margin and draw one. We'd additionally need Everton to get 7 points from Watford, Brentford, Palace and Arsenal. And for Southampton to win either the game against us or Liverpool. Fivethirtyeight aren't even putting a probability against us - our season is done.

Few ironic chants of "we are staying up" at the start of the game?

Are the odds against us going down more than 5000-1