Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, tyfox said:

Ok I’ll ask the question everyone’s really thinking.

what’s a WUM?

Wellens under Mahrez     Its the term for someone who understands this would have been the dream team

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What is there to get? You're talking complete waffle.

You’re the one talking waffle, trying to down play a trophy just because it’s not considered an honour.

What I’m saying is the fact we’ve broken a trend of over a decade just shows the level we’re operating as, as a club, regardless of how the trophy is viewed…. Our name is scribed on the trophy along with the “big six”. The fact we’re the first new name on the trophy since 1996 is a major achievement.

Some of the comments here are outrageous.

We've majorly overachieved with Rodgers in charge. Yes, our form at the end of both recent seasons has been relatively poor but what great positions we were in and when the team gets that momentum, we're arguably the most stylish and effective team to watch in the league along with Man City. 

We had and have a terrible injury list, not dissimilar to Liverpool's the previous season and they had a couple of shocking results while they adjusted. 

We kept two clean sheets out of 3 games so far. Yes, it was a very poor performance yesterday but we've got so much quality to come into the team. Incredible to think that we have 7 excellent defenders, including four of the best full backs in the division.

We just need some patience while the team gets through a very challenging period. Given how well Rodgers has managed limited resources before, he more than deserves our support. 

My one criticism of him would be his stubbornness against certain sides. I think he wants to show Moyes that his brand of proactive, imposing football can overcome their reactionary style (and I think that's reflected in how we've handled set pieces), but yesterday it was clear we lacked physicality and pace on the wings. He showed adaptability in the previous season against the big sides, and what gives me confidence is he does learn quickly. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

As much as it pains me to do so, I do agree with @ealingfox, the charity shield is not a major honour. It’s as prestigious as you can get for friendly competition but that’s it. A great day out to reward the fans of the two best sides of English football from the previous season. 
I don’t think it diminishes Rodgers record to say he has won one major trophy with us. Hell that’s one more than almost all of our previous managers and puts him very much still in contention for our GOAT.

However, the charity shield is a friendly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Oh yeah, I thought he was sacked in April for some reason. Must have the Cambiasso taking over in April conspiracy theory burned into my brain.

It might be the phantom sacking that never was. I can’t remember exactly when but it was reported he got sacked in between games that season.

The majority of games played under Rodgers are IMO defensively boring and stale to watch. He's done us well in the table but his knack for relinquishing control in games we were comfortably dominating could bite us hard as teams figure us out.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It might be the phantom sacking that never was. I can’t remember exactly when but it was reported he got sacked in between games that season.

Just after the McArthur incident iirc.  Bit of a whirlwind weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

As much as it pains me to do so, I do agree with @ealingfox, the charity shield is not a major honour. It’s as prestigious as you can get for friendly competition but that’s it. A great day out to reward the fans of the two best sides of English football from the previous season. 
I don’t think it diminishes Rodgers record to say he has won one major trophy with us. Hell that’s one more than almost all of our previous managers and puts him very much still in contention for our GOAT.

Not when you See the faces of both the winners & losers....

Some of you Really Need to get to know the Phsyc of Professional & Top Amateur Sports people...

There is nothing Friendly about competing, at these levels ,even when clubs dont Select all their best players...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

If its good enough for Man City to be proud of it, its good enough for us.....

wp4565651.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If its good enough for Man City to be proud of it, its good enough for us.....

wp4565651.jpg

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be proud of it. It’s a decent achievement but it’s just not a major honour. I was there and I loved it.

It’s a bit tinpotish, to rank it amongst big achievements.

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be proud of it. It’s a decent achievement but it’s just not a major honour. I was there and I loved it.

It’s a bit tinpotish, to rank it amongst big achievements.

I’m not sure, it’s not often a rich 6 team gets their hands on it, let alone us. Yes it doesn’t have the same gravitas as the other but it should be celebrated all the same! 

12 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I’m not sure, it’s not often a rich 6 team gets their hands on it, let alone us. Yes it doesn’t have the same gravitas as the other but it should be celebrated all the same! 

Well that’s because the only way to qualify is by winning a major honour but it’s literally a friendly. A curtain raiser exhibition match.