Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.... your response was pretty much you attempting to underplay an obvious question by concocting a nonsense argument supposedly looking for context. 

My point was very badly communicated (Reading it again) so for that I apologise, and I accept that many want him gone, and maybe he does deserve to go, however I do not see a better outcome if he does, well not beyond blind faith anyway.

The context argument consists of injuries and squad of insufficent quality, thats the context I was trying to refer too

Anyway, lets hope we win tomorrow  :scarf:

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's a cheeky bugger isn't he! After winning the Premiership and reaching the quarter finals of the Champions League, neither of which he's done, does he think our team, owners or supporters still really looked no higher than Premiership survival? Does he really believe that the almighty Brendan Rodgers is responsible for changing everyone's mindset from being relegation fodder to cup hopefuls? What a deluded egotistical little man he is, a legend in his own lunchtime. 🤣🤡

The core of our success pre-Rodgers was built on great mentality, strong work ethic and winning. His comments really made me angry. God knows what the squad makes of it. If he actually believes what he’s saying it means he doesn’t really know them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

The core of our success pre-Rodgers was built on great mentality, strong work ethic and winning. His comments really made me angry. God knows what the squad makes of it. If he actually believes what he’s saying it means he doesn’t really know them. 

As I said in another thread. How in hell does he expect to motivate the players and fans if he's saying shit like that? Why don't you shut up Rodgers and sort out corners - for a start. Oh I forgot... he hasn't had time.  He's making me very angry, and I don't like myself when I'm angry.

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

As I said in another thread. How in hell does he expect to motivate the players and fans if he's saying shit like that? Why don't you shut up Rodgers and sort out corners - for a start. Oh I forgot... he hasn't had time.  He's making me very angry, and I don't like myself when I'm angry.

If you’re going to man mark why put Ricardo on Abraham?! It was absolutely ludicrous and the buck stops with Rodgers for that. It was like he actually wanted to self sabotage. 

• Like 1

Just now, cruzFOX said:

Rogers isn't going anywhere folks. Let's look forwards now he knows pressures on him to get it right this summer or he's out.

Why give him x amount of money in the summer and then sack him if we don’t make a good start next season after 5-10 games it just seems financially suicide for the club to do that.

Just get him gone at the end of the season would be the best solution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Why give him x amount of money in the summer and then sack him if we don’t make a good start next season after 5-10 games it just seems financially suicide for the club to do that.

Just get him gone at the end of the season would be the best solution.

Don't you have a new sporting director or something coming in to oversee transfers? Some lad from Southampton?

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Incredibly frustrating isn’t it 

Im sure I’m not the only one wishing for another defeat tomorrow. I’ll be genuinely annoyed if we win 😂

So you would rather Brendan lose than Leicester City win?

I think people are overlooking the fact that we still could go down! I don't think it'll happen as it would take a miraculous series of events for that to happen but let's face it... we are no stranger to those. 

Win this game then wish defeat on us if you are so inclined to do so!

What crap came out of his press conference today ? Did he invent the wheel ? 

To be honest, I dont really care. I just want to see a reaction tomorrow. A lot of these players and the manager were invested in by the owners of this club. They've let everyone down and regardless of whether they want a move or they are bored or want a better contract. They should have the self respect to be professional for the remaining time at the club. Tomorrow is the best opportunity for them to do that in. 

No one else was paying Brendan £10m a year. 

No one else was bringing Youri across after he catastrophically failed and stunk the place out at Monaco.

No one else was taking a risk on Caglar Soyuncu.

So be professional and sort yourselves out. Stop embarrassing yourselves and more importantly this club. The boys of 2015 ensure we didnt any of you to dream (slight dig at the apparent messiah).  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Your commitment to this thread has been admirable for the last 3 days. Last man standing, bravo:ph34r:

Not sure this a hill I am keen to die on, but there is still time to retreat across enemy lines.  :D

• Haha 3

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Well that's not gonna happen. lol

Like I said, I don't think so either but that not worth much. I didn't think we would win the league and i didn't think we would stay up in 14/15. What I'm saying is crazy things happen in football so let's get mathematically safe before wishing defeat on us. 

I think Rodgers could lose all of the remaining games and be safe so long as we stay in the league.

As much as it pains me to say, I think the owners have invested in him long term and it will take more than one bad season to get rid of him.

The previous seasons end finish has been disappointing as a fan, granted, but from the clubs point of view, they will see any form of European involvement as a success.

Add in to it the FA Cup & Community Shield, I think the owners will be more than willing to write this season off as a blip.

I will be shocked if we don't have Rodgers at the helm come the start of next season.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think Rodgers could lose all of the remaining games and be safe so long as we stay in the league.

As much as it pains me to say, I think the owners have invested in him long term and it will take more than one bad season to get rid of him.

The previous seasons have been disappointing as a fan, granted, but from the clubs point of view, they will see any form of European involvement as a success.

Add in to it the FA Cup & Community Shield, I think the owners will be more than willing to write this season off as a blip.

I will be shocked if we don't have Rodgers at the helm come the start of next season.

I think you're probably right. Chances are we will have a massive overhaul in the summer and enjoy a bit of success until those players stop listening to him too. That seems to be his pattern. 

• Like 2