Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

😂😂

People clinging on to Rodgers will be very ‘told you so’ after a victory at home to Norwich (which shows how desperate we are)

Huh? 

I'm not clinging on to Rodgers at all. I've said recently I'm not that bothered if he stays or gets the boot. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't see next season. 

But I want my team to win. I won't be 'I told you so' because I'm very aware of his own shortcoming and how some of the team are/have been performing. 

Nothing desperate about it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I do and I am

I support the club of 130 odd years old, not one person who’s been here 3 years, thinks he’s much bigger and better than us, and is in the process of ruining us. 

Even this morning turned down a free hospitality ticket for tonight which will no doubt upset you

But supporting the club doesn't necessarily translate to physically willing them to lose. You're probably the one that's desperate come to think of it. You desperately want us to lose so that someone you don't like isn't at the club any more. 

Wanting to win and wanting the manager sacked aren't mutually exclusive. You can hope for both. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

But supporting the club doesn't necessarily translate to physically willing them to lose. You're probably the one that's desperate come to think of it. You desperately want us to lose so that someone you don't like isn't at the club any more. 

Wanting to win and wanting the manager sacked aren't mutually exclusive. You can hope for both. 

Of course you can hope for both

As I said yesterday though, a win tonight will buy Rodgers a little more time. Time he doesn’t deserve, and time he will further regress us in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Huh? 

I'm not clinging on to Rodgers at all. I've said recently I'm not that bothered if he stays or gets the boot. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't see next season. 

But I want my team to win. I won't be 'I told you so' because I'm very aware of his own shortcoming and how some of the team are/have been performing. 

Nothing desperate about it. 

I wasn’t talking about you personally. There are still somehow those on here who are ardent Rodgers fans that this will apply to though. 

• Like 1

Not sure any major decisions are going to be made based on a few meaningless games at the end of a season that’s already over (unless something epic happens and we actually get relegated) so I would like us to win out purely because staff bonuses are tied to how high we finish. 

26 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’d understand the idea of keeping him if he’d shown any inclination to solve our longstanding problems.

Holding onto leads, the injuries & set pieces have been ever present issues during his tenure and they’ve only gotten worse.

Set pieces - he lied about having a dedicated set piece coach when asked about it. In October, he also said set pieces had never been a problem during his time here. 

We’ve tried multiple systems yet we still end up with numerous terrible mismatches like with Pereira on Abraham last week.

Injuries - we’ve played a greater number of games than ever which is why load management and injury prevention is more important than ever. 

At Zorya away last year, Rodgers started  Soyuncu & Pereira for the first time since they’d been injured on a plastic pitch in freezing temperatures. It wasn’t a game we needed to win. Pereira was subbed at half time and Soyuncu lasted 17 minutes. We saw a similar thing with Justin, out for so long, re-injured almost immediately because he played too much in a short space of time.

Maybe Rennie was sacked for non-footballing reasons but under Pearson & Balsom we had an incredible injury record, now it’s the opposite. “When we get our players back from injury, we’ll get better” was the common pro-Rodgers riposte 6 weeks ago. 

i) We never do get all of our players back, a fresh injury crops every few weeks.

ii) We’ve not gotten any better with the majority of our players back, the same systematic issues are still there.

It doesn’t matter how good our squad is if we can’t keep them fit. Another issue that’s worse than when he first joined.

Bottling - 

The near total lack of accountability means these issues will persist whilst Rodgers is here. The club have had to enact changes with the medical department and seemingly have wrestled some control back over transfers - doesn’t seem like they trust him all that much.

I’ve not even mentioned the relegation level underlying metrics. The idea that he’ll turn it around is pure blind faith and the holdouts are now pushing the same lines the final Puel holdouts did. 

We’re comparatively a big fish now and we have to be ruthless to maintain that. Two mid table (or worse) finishes sets us back three years.

Pin this post as it covers all - aside from his vanity. 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He is also a manager who has been blessed with more resources then any other City manager I’ve seen. While he has done well in some instances, his shortcomings to improve or provide resolutions to serious technical issues is alarming. He can’t resolve basic issues - things which have appeared this year or in his first season. Once we have an issue, it remains. Keeping him means we have to learn to live with poor corner defending (1 year) or poor corner attacking (2 years) or collapses (3 years). It’s a weakness.

I also remember in his first half season where we played Newcastle at home. We lost and Ayoze scored an excellent goal for them. We hustled but struggled to break them down. He said back then, quite confidently that this will no longer be an issue and it will be the first area he will progress where we will be more effective against a team with a low block. That obviously hasn’t happened. We are just as ineffective (most of the time) when we face a low block. 

He has too many issues with his management style to be the horse to back with our future. After his comments last Sunday, I’m actually worried that he doesn’t understand his remit too.

To be fair the poor corner attacking proceeds Rodgers and was here under puel and shakespear as well but on the other hand he has been here 3 years and not fixed it yet

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can somebody sellotape up those extremely chapped lips of his when he's given the microphone after the game tonight. Cannot stomach anymore shit out of his gob.

If i said to my team / management:

'I love us working in the office, it allows us to use computers'.     (aka we love playing from home, it allows us to play football)

I would rightly be asked 'what the f**k are you on about'. Why doesn't the press just ask Brendan wtf he actually means half the time when he comes out with this dross. Its said in such a dull, uninspiring way that i imagine most in the press room don't actually process it until they leave and read their notes. How I would love some Dilly ding, dilly dong right now.

Edited by jamesp26
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, charly said:

If he can't prepare the team for a very comfortable win over Norwich, he will be in serious trouble, and deserves to be.

He should already be in serious trouble, and i think he actually is given his strange comments recently. The result tonight should not make too much of a different really. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I one there was a reason The Year Of The Fox was on my ignore list 

Hes now on mine.

12 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

To be fair the poor corner attacking proceeds Rodgers and was here under puel and shakespear as well but on the other hand he has been here 3 years and not fixed it yet

Well Rodgers fixed it as we were the best team in 2019/20 at defending them at one point. I'm sure I read at stat on that.

16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Hard to cure something that until just before xmas had claimed was not a problem.

9 minutes ago, charly said:

If he can't prepare the team for a very comfortable win over Norwich, he will be in serious trouble, and deserves to be.

I think he best prepare himself for a very uncomfortable night tonight.

To a point I'd like us to lose tonight. Be worth it to get rid of him and his awful tactics and excuses.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Hard to cure something that until just before xmas had claimed was not a problem.

I think he best prepare himself for a very uncomfortable night tonight.

To a point I'd like us to lose tonight. Be worth it to get rid of him and his awful tactics and excuses.

He's not going anywhere, even if we lose these final 4 games he'll survive. We've got some hellish times for a further sustained period before the club will act upon it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well Rodgers fixed it as we were the best team in 2019/20 at defending them at one point. I'm sure I read at stat on that.

Sorry I meant attacking as in scoring from them not conceding but to be fair this is just from what I remember no stats to back it up

• Like 1

I want a change, mostly because I’m bored to death watching us and also because I think a top manager should have done a lot better over most of the last 18 months with the resources at his disposal. That said I’m a bit surprised at the level of some of the personal attacks on BR although I guess this is what often happens when things turn for the worse. Although we had an agreeable route to the FA Cup Final he did deliver the trophy which had eluded us for all our history and at times (but not for quite a while now) we have been a pleasure to watch. Should he go he will do so with my good wishes although he must have blown his chances for the foreseeable future of managing a club in the PL that is better run and has more potential than us.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Sorry I meant attacking as in scoring from them not conceding but to be fair this is just from what I remember no stats to back it up

It’s been a standing joke for many years - our inability to score from corners 

but we’ve exacerbated it by becoming completely shite at defending them aswell ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Of course you can hope for both

As I said yesterday though, a win tonight will buy Rodgers a little more time. Time he doesn’t deserve, and time he will further regress us in.

I don’t think a win tonight will make any difference to whether Rodgers stays or not.
This is a bit of a no win situation for him tonight because if we do win it’s only against Norwich.

If he is to go it will be at the end of the season, regardless of tonight’s result.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t think a win tonight will make any difference to whether Rodgers stays or not.
This is a bit of a no win situation for him tonight because if we do win it’s only against Norwich.

If he is to go it will be at the end of the season, regardless of tonight’s result.

You’re probably right. But up until that point I shall take great pleasure watching him hammer every nail into his own coffin 

• Haha 1