Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

44 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Sorry I meant attacking as in scoring from them not conceding but to be fair this is just from what I remember no stats to back it up

Oh yes, we've been crap at scoring from them for a long long time

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He is also a manager who has been blessed with more resources then any other City manager I’ve seen. While he has done well in some instances, his shortcomings to improve or provide resolutions to serious technical issues is alarming. He can’t resolve basic issues - things which have appeared this year or in his first season. Once we have an issue, it remains. Keeping him means we have to learn to live with poor corner defending (1 year) or poor corner attacking (2 years) or collapses (3 years). It’s a weakness.

I also remember in his first half season where we played Newcastle at home. We lost and Ayoze scored an excellent goal for them. We hustled but struggled to break them down. He said back then, quite confidently that this will no longer be an issue and it will be the first area he will progress where we will be more effective against a team with a low block. That obviously hasn’t happened. We are just as ineffective (most of the time) when we face a low block. 

He has too many issues with his management style to be the horse to back with our future. After his comments last Sunday, I’m actually worried that he doesn’t understand his remit too.

Agree with you totally! 

I know it was over a shorter time frame, but remember when we lost in the last minute away at Arsenal in the season we won the league? Ranieri immediately made changes so we were more resolute at the back. Kept 6 out of 7 clean sheets in the next set of games. 

With Rodgers he's either too arrogant or lacking in basic self awareness to realise that maybe these recurring problems are something he must be fixing. It won't get magically resolved by a new signing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

To be fair the poor corner attacking proceeds Rodgers and was here under puel and shakespear as well but on the other hand he has been here 3 years and not fixed it yet

Agreed. What gets me is how mindless our corners and free kicks around the box are ( except of course when Maddison shoots). We put them into an area where a powerful header of the ball should be - but never is because we don’t have one.  We hit them long - often too long - and quite often a defender makes first contact without a blue shirt within five yards of him. An elite coach with an elite back up team would surely spot this happening week on week and demand it be rectified. Stop crossing altogether - be more creative - or cross low and hard, put the ball around the ankles of these opposition giants - surprise them - I swear Maddison , KDH and Albrighton  literally take the same failed corner, time after time. It doesn’t get so much attention because it doesn’t directly affect the outcome of a match like poor set piece defending does - but  I swear if we were only hitting PL par for set piece conversion we’d be 10-15 points better off. 

Edited by smudgerfox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is a bloke who actively says he's not going to games and wants us to lose yet describes himself as a 'supporter'. There's that phrase about arguing with someone and never being able to win but I just can't remember who it describes.

....totally understand where you are coming from, but there are situations where you opt to play a weaker team, in order to preserve your best player for a bigger game!!!

In that sense you are willing to accept a defeat, in order for a perceived bigger gain.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I do and I am

I support the club of 130 odd years old, not one person who’s been here 3 years, thinks he’s much bigger and better than us, and is in the process of ruining us. 

Even this morning turned down a free hospitality ticket for tonight which will no doubt upset you

You should have checked out the menu before doing that …..  cutting off your nose ……

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You should have checked out the menu before doing that …..  cutting off your nose ……

I told my bosses Monday that I’m finished with going the games until BR has gone 

So I think my boss was testing my resolve this morning 😂

A dead rubber in midweek means it wasn’t particularly tested 

I’ve been spending the last few days just mulling over some comments Brendan has made recently, and his overall attitude to this season.

There are two arguments, and both have valid pro’s and con’s.

Firstly looking at getting rid of Rodgers. The obvious issue with this first off is the finances, it’s been mentioned how much of a financial issue sacking Rodgers, it would take a sizeable chunk off our budget. Which naturally would mean a new manager would have even less to play with then we currently have.

So the Rodgers conundrum. Rodgers himself is a pretty shrewd bloke. He’s set out his theme of the season by mentioning the side needs a refresh from pretty early on in the season…. And I don’t disagree Brendan, there is a bit of a refresh needed. But now that he’s set the agenda he needs to deliver, he has very cleverly moved the emphasis off him for now, but it will probably return to him two folds next season, if we fail to achieve anything and have another poor season. 

I don’t like the constant chopping and changing of managers, but there is this niggle at the back of my head that just questions Rodgers has the minerals to take us forward. It’s one thing to come in and have an initial impact, but what separates the great managers from the average, is they can adjust and go again, even after a lapse…. If Brendan can, I’ll tip my hat to him but one of the most concerning issues is the set pieces. Brendan has had a whole season to sort it, he signed a 6”7 CB, didn’t work. Ditched zonal, didn’t work. It’s a worrying sign that he is unable to be dynamic enough to change.

21 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok. lol

Translation “I hate Brendan like every other sheep in this field, and because we all bleat the loudest, we must be right. Oh and I will not entertain the idea of mitigating factors that sound different from our bleating”

Things will clear up for you when you realise youre experiencing cognitive dissonance. Youre no longer defending brendan, youre downplaying everyone else's opinions because you're scared to admit you were wrong and are protecting yourself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

Things will clear up for you when you realise youre experiencing cognitive dissonance. Youre no longer defending brendan, youre downplaying everyone else's opinions because you're scared to admit you were wrong and are protecting yourself.

If things don’t improve next season when he has spent all our money, sold our futures and took a dump in my hat, I will admit it might be time for a change.  :P

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

If things don’t improve next season when he has spent all our money, sold our futures and took a dump in my hat, I will admit it might be time for a change.  :P

This is the argument, really. 

When is too late for a club of our size to change. We're not too big to fail. We're too big to allow complacency to creep in. 

He's got a fine line to balance and the big question is whether or not he's got the chops to tread it. 

Would love to see him lose faculty and curl one into a punters hat Big Nige style. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve been spending the last few days just mulling over some comments Brendan has made recently, and his overall attitude to this season.

There are two arguments, and both have valid pro’s and con’s.

Firstly looking at getting rid of Rodgers. The obvious issue with this first off is the finances, it’s been mentioned how much of a financial issue sacking Rodgers, it would take a sizeable chunk off our budget. Which naturally would mean a new manager would have even less to play with then we currently have.

So the Rodgers conundrum. Rodgers himself is a pretty shrewd bloke. He’s set out his theme of the season by mentioning the side needs a refresh from pretty early on in the season…. And I don’t disagree Brendan, there is a bit of a refresh needed. But now that he’s set the agenda he needs to deliver, he has very cleverly moved the emphasis off him for now, but it will probably return to him two folds next season, if we fail to achieve anything and have another poor season. 

I don’t like the constant chopping and changing of managers, but there is this niggle at the back of my head that just questions Rodgers has the minerals to take us forward. It’s one thing to come in and have an initial impact, but what separates the great managers from the average, is they can adjust and go again, even after a lapse…. If Brendan can, I’ll tip my hat to him but one of the most concerning issues is the set pieces. Brendan has had a whole season to sort it, he signed a 6”7 CB, didn’t work. Ditched zonal, didn’t work. It’s a worrying sign that he is unable to be dynamic enough to change.

...it is not only paying off Rodgers, but also his coaching backroom staff!!!

At this moment there is no scenario where Rodgers loses. He spends £100m, it doesn't work out we have to suck it up and get someone else in. We still need to pay him off along with his staff.

There is just no downside to his tenure here, either way, he still comes out of this, with a fist full of dollars.

• Sad 1

If it stays like this, we are guaranteed Premier League football next year.

It's 11th May and this is the 1st time this year, we can say we are mathematically secure from relegation.

Thank god we have a manager who took over when we were just happy to stay in the league - just just look how far we have come

Bit of an aside, but apparently his daughter works for Sky which is interesting. Not saying she isn't qualified, but I bet he had a word. Makes sense that he'd have some good connections in the media to help shape the narrative he wants and stuff.

3 minutes ago, fleshdaddy said:

Bit of an aside, but apparently his daughter works for Sky which is interesting. Not saying she isn't qualified, but I bet he had a word. Makes sense that he'd have some good connections in the media to help shape the narrative he wants and stuff.

She is a production co-ordinator on Soccer AM, so I doubt she is narrating Skys coverage of anything

• Haha 1