Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, fleshdaddy said:

Bit of an aside, but apparently his daughter works for Sky which is interesting. Not saying she isn't qualified, but I bet he had a word. Makes sense that he'd have some good connections in the media to help shape the narrative he wants and stuff.

He plays golf with the MOTD pundits too judging by his comments a while back during an interview. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Clarkielcfc said:

Interesting that he’s not seemed to be in his technical area as much as normal tonight

Sulking because the players had the audacity to attack rather than control the ball. 

• Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, fleshdaddy said:

Bit of an aside, but apparently his daughter works for Sky which is interesting. Not saying she isn't qualified, but I bet he had a word. Makes sense that he'd have some good connections in the media to help shape the narrative he wants and stuff.

Shes nowhere near senior enough to shape the narrative. What a weird take.

52 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Shes nowhere near senior enough to shape the narrative. What a weird take.

I wasn't saying it was her shaping the narrative, more so that he has connections and friends in the media that probably do help either deflect things for him or bring him more attention, such as those links to the Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd jobs a while back. His daughter working for Sky is merely just a coincidence I wasn't aware of and thought was interesting.

Guest Col city fan
32 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

They'll go on to support forest, its how their fanbase is

Another beauty from Wortho..

Are we all bad unless we support the club with everything we have at all times?

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ah , managers don't win matches, players do. Vardy buries his chances because he is a great striker and that has got absolutely nothing to do with Rodgers.

He missed enough 1st half though! Thank god he got that deflected goal as he and we badly needed it. Hopefully we end the season well now.

6 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

😂 This stat is so stupid. Like ‘dominate the game with the ball’ is not a value, it’s just a phrase. So how is he doing the calculation to get to 79%? 

He’s also missing the point. Teams with better players win more. Possession is a byproduct not the cause. When Leicester won the league it was largely because, unlike the other top teams, we didn’t favour possession football. Had we tried to do things Brendan’s way back then we’d have finished in the bottom half.

I remember when Rodgers first joined. I was impressed he talked about winning trophies. But I was put off by one comment. ‘A backwards pass isn’t necessarily a negative pass’. It has proved relevant. That is the wrong mindset he has given the players. Rather than backwards passing being a last resort, it has become a standard response. He’s coached this into them.

If he’s so interested in statistics, maybe he should read the one that says over 80% of goals come from 3 passes or less. 

Because if you score the most goals, you win 100% of the time.

I find this stat really interesting, if its true.

so for every 10 goals scored in games of football, 8 of them im guessing must be:

A Penalty

A corner

A direct free kick

An indriect free kick

A throw in which is touched to a player who crosses?

Man City and Liverpool would pretty much totally ruin this stat alone surely?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Ah , managers don't win matches, players do. Vardy buries his chances because he is a great striker and that has got absolutely nothing to do with Rodgers.

....so what are the point of managers, and what distinguishes the good ones from the bad!!!

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Using our title win as an example against that is probably the most dictionary definition perfect of the phrase “using the  exception to prove the rule”

Wimbledon. 

• Like 1