Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

A wins a win but it was against the worst team in the league, I can imagine Brendan is desperate for this season to end. However depending on TOP and Whelan's look at the season as a whole, they may that we've gone back to where we started with Puel. Revamp is needed in the summer, even if it means offloading a couple for a high price to help develop and extend the squad further. We may have some class players but with a couple of injures we're wafer thin.  

33 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Wimbledon. 

Leicesters title win and "wimbledon" (not sure the period of wimbledon youre referring to) are two examples that defy the norm that teams that have more possession are more successful.

Youve not disproved anything just by saying Wimbledon

16 hours ago, sylofox said:

Hard to cure something that until just before xmas had claimed was not a problem.

I think he best prepare himself for a very uncomfortable night tonight.

To a point I'd like us to lose tonight. Be worth it to get rid of him and his awful tactics and excuses.

Worst post ever, liking us to lose.

People wanting us to lose should be banned from this forum and supporting leicester!!

We could possibly finish 8th come the end of the season am i happy with that i will be if so, look at our injuries this season not been good either look at the teams above us in the league aswell!!!

Few seasons back everyone on here would of snapped at a 17th place finish and premier league football, the 2 top 5 finishes have put it in peoples heads we should be finishing 5th every season!!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....so what are the point of managers, and what distinguishes the good ones from the bad!!!

There are perhaps ten who make a difference , players mostly make the real difference. Vardy, Barnes and Maddison made the difference last night , All of whom predate Rodgers and were high class before he came. Barnes may even have regressed under him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Leicesters title win and "wimbledon" (not sure the period of wimbledon youre referring to) are two examples that defy the norm that teams that have more possession are more successful.

Youve not disproved anything just by saying Wimbledon

I did.

I disproved the claim that Leicester were ‘the’ exception to the rule.

I half expected to see a team photo celebrating in the dressing room like we just won the champions league or something forgetting it was Norwich City who only conceded nearly 80 goals 🤔 

Relieved at the result, but look how close we could have been to europa league.... just look 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Ignore results, ignore performances, do you trust Rodgers to sign a centre midfielder who has a good range of passing and a creative streak? His record here would suggest no, in which case we're back where we were under Puel, a side with some tidy defenders, a set of good goalscorers but no ability to link between them and move the ball vertically. 

Isn't the several fold?

• Do you trust our scouting department to find targets required by the manager/club?
  • Do you trust the manager to select the best targets on offer?

And finally, and perhaps most critically,

• Do you trust the manager to make the best of the selected personnel brought in?
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn't the several fold?

• Do you trust our scouting department to find targets required by the manager/club?
  • Do you trust the manager to select the best targets on offer?

And finally, and perhaps most critically,

• Do you trust the manager to make the best of the selected personnel brought in?

Never trust the individual , collective decisions are needed , too much power to managers these days usually ends in trouble for the club.

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Crucially, as you say, is this.

And no way on this earth do I any more. We have some very very good players who’ve been incredibly mismanaged this season. Iheanacho being a great example. Maddison chucked out on the right another 

Not saying I have a strong opinion either way, but it certainly is a key facet of the this manager, or at least it was supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Never trust the individual , collective decisions are needed , too much power to managers these days usually ends in trouble for the club.

Quite right, I know people say "the managers" signings, but aren't we using technical scouting to identify signings? I also realise there was noise that we had left this model to sign Vestrgaard and Bertrand, and if true, that worked really badly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not saying I have a strong opinion either way, but it certainly is a key facet of the this manager, or at least it was supposed to be.

I agree it used to be. I said in a different thread, he deserves credit for continuing to get the best out of Vards.

However, there are far too many examples of where he’s failing. He’s actually turning good players bad (Cags) almost overnight. Then covering his arse by saying they’re not good enough (despite proving they were last season!) and that the team needs an overhaul. 

That’s my biggest issue with him (that and the boring football) Full of contradictions

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I agree it used to be. I said in a different thread, he deserves credit for continuing to get the best out of Vards.

However, there are far too many examples of where he’s failing. He’s actually turning good players bad (Cags) almost overnight. Then covering his arse by saying they’re not good enough (despite proving they were last season!) and that the team needs an overhaul. 

That’s my biggest issue with him. Full of contradictions

Cags is one I actually would not pick out, he was utterly horrendous during the Euro's before he came back for this season. If damage was done during last season I do not recall, but his confidence was destroyed (As was he) during the Euros  :(

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I did.

I disproved the claim that Leicester were ‘the’ exception to the rule.

Welcome to Grammar Talk.

A thrilling forum where emo teens discuss inportant issues like the use of "the" rather than "an", rather than the more pressing issue that their point is bogus.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

If people are changing opinions based on a win against already relegated Norwich, that's incredibly fickle. 

Works both ways though in the player ratings thread after psv manager confidence was at 98 percent 3 weeks later after Everton it's at 45 percent. 

What ever your viewpoint on the managers future it should be based on his whole tenure here and his ability (or lack of) to deliver in the future not a few meaningless end of season games. 

Potters name was mentioned several times in the replacement thread for some perspective Brighton lost 8 games on the spin in March including a 3 nil hammering at home to Burnley. Imagine how toxic this place would be with that. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cags is one I actually would not pick out, he was utterly horrendous during the Euro's before he came back for this season. If damage was done during last season I do not recall, but his confidence was destroyed (As was he) during the Euros  :(

I didn’t watch anything of Turkey in the Euros. But either way, he’s had a fall from grace 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

If people are changing opinions based on a win against already relegated Norwich, that's incredibly fickle. Honestly I'm coming to the conclusion it's not results or performances that matter now, it's history. 

Look back at Puels tenure, which we've been fairly compared to this season, I think everyone will admit that once Mahrez left we had a real lack of creativity (scored 4 away from home on 3 separate occasions under Puel with Mahrez, only 3 or more twice after Riyad left), but looking at his centre midfield options thats not surprising. Iborra, a good deep lying midfielder but not a line breaker. Mendy, is what he's always been, a water carrier. Ndidi and Choudhury, both destroyers. No-one who could split a defence and give us that forward ball. Puel did acknowledge that and brought in Tielemans but too late to save him.

Now, Youris going in the summer if we're honest and look at Rodgers signings - the only ones you'd say are successes are Castagne, Justin and Fofana, all defenders. In midfield we're left with Ndidi, Choudhury, KDH, Soumare, potentially Mendy if he signs for another year. Can any of those pick a defence open? I wouldn't say so.  We've seen Praet is capable of it but given his complaints when he went out on loan about being frozen out at the end of last season, I don't see him coming back. 

Ignore results, ignore performances, do you trust Rodgers to sign a centre midfielder who has a good range of passing and a creative streak? His record here would suggest no, in which case we're back where we were under Puel, a side with some tidy defenders, a set of good goalscorers but no ability to link between them and move the ball vertically. 

Hit the nail on the head here for me!

Even under the Puel era, the issue has largely been about the supply to attackers. When teams play with a deep block, we never have an answer to this and it inevitably results in either a draw or a loss all while we are trying to lump crosses into the box for a 5ft something striker to get onto.

Rodgers never addressed this, which is one of my main criticisms... when teams come to understand that we can't break through the lines, our seasons fall off a cliff! For the tactical genius that people tout him to be, why has this never been addressed? We play 1 way and have no Plan B, been like it all the time with Rodgers.

• Like 2

Chags was found out... Time to move on.

Rebuild the squad around Fofana, Barnes and Maddison.

As long as we finish top 10 I will be happy. BUT there will be nowhere to hide next season when we don't have European football.

6 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Hit the nail on the head here for me!

Even under the Puel era, the issue has largely been about the supply to attackers. When teams play with a deep block, we never have an answer to this and it inevitably results in either a draw or a loss all while we are trying to lump crosses into the box for a 5ft something striker to get onto.

Rodgers never addressed this, which is one of my main criticisms... when teams come to understand that we can't break through the lines, our seasons fall off a cliff! For the tactical genius that people tout him to be, why has this never been addressed? We play 1 way and have no Plan B, been like it all the time with Rodgers.

We have a 6'3" striker in Hirst. He's never really figured in Rodgers's thinking. Is he good enough? I don't know , nobody does because he has never been given a real chance. Hirst is 23 now and if I were him I would get out as soon as I can and that goes for Callum Wright as well.

Found it weird how he was sat down for the whole of the second half last night (albeit stood up to watch us try and defend a corner in the last minute) - He never evens sits down. 

Was almost like he was sulking at something. Whether he told the players “you’re on your own go and sort that mess out” or he was pissed off at the fans for the boos/sarcastic cheers. I don’t know.

Was weird how no subs even as much as warmed up either.

• Like 1