Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Well that’s because the only way to qualify is by winning a major honour but it’s literally a friendly. A curtain raiser exhibition match.

This used to be an accurate description, however, now we've just won it, it counts as an honourable trophy 😂

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Strokes said:

Well that’s because the only way to qualify is by winning a major honour but it’s literally a friendly. A curtain raiser exhibition match.

It counts.  It bloody does.  We got a big shiny plate and everything.  It's a massive trophy.

Leicester City, treble winners 2016-21

On 24/08/2021 at 22:22, fuchsntf said:

Not when you See the faces of both the winners & losers....

Some of you Really Need to get to know the Phsyc of Professional & Top Amateur Sports people...

There is nothing Friendly about competing, at these levels ,even when clubs dont Select all their best players...

Ah, but just because the people taking part want to win on the day, it doesn’t make it important in the wider scheme of things. And how many of them would look back in forty years with regret that they missed their chance to win the Community Shield? I’ll wager probably none. But some might regret not taking their opportunity to win the FA Cup. Or narrowly missing out on the league.

Anyway, it isn’t just professional/elite sports people. Have you ever seen the faces of a bunch of U9 kids who have lost a five-a-side game in training?

Brendan needs the team to gel, unite the players, and when they play are nervous. Certain players who aren't getting picked to play creates unhappy players. After the remarkable turnaround in Kelechi performance last season I feel his goal scoring ability may go backwards, he didn't look happy at the interview in the Shield cup.we need to play like a team and it's up to Brendan to lift all the team  and make them play together as a team and not favour certain players and make others outcasts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've lost one game lol Granted we were dreadful but we played with 10 men for an hour. Now Brendan has lost the players and teams have worked us out. Imagine if we actually had something to complain about.

• Like 1

The only and I mean only criticism you can make of Rodgers is his insistence on playing it out from the back , every time, no matter who we are playing. We seem to play better when we are forced to concede possession by teams like Man.City and Chelsea. Yet give us command of the ball and we get stuck and then sucker punched. Kasper is the captain and a very experienced player , if he thinks mixing it up will get better results he should make his own decisions. High clearances mean defensive headers which often result in regaining possession in dangerous areas. Banks and Shilton used them all the time.

I get frustrated with Rodgers every now and then but he is undoubtedly the best manager that we could realistically attract and let's face it, if he would have achieved what he has done with us with another club like Everton, West Ham, Leeds etc. then we wouldn't be able to attract him if we were looking for another manager. He's got his shortcomings but you could put a strong case forward for him being our greatest ever manager. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I get frustrated with Rodgers every now and then but he is undoubtedly the best manager that we could realistically attract and let's face it, if he would have achieved what he has done with us with another club like Everton, West Ham, Leeds etc. then we wouldn't be able to attract him if we were looking for another manager. He's got his shortcomings but you could put a strong case forward for him being our greatest ever manager. 

Yes, there's a lot of truth in there and, although I also criticise him, neither would I wish him gone for very similar reasons.

Whilst him being the greatest manager ever is of course subjective, it also has to be considered as part of the equation, that he's also possibly working with the greatest ever squad we've had also. Given the same squad, could some of our previous managers have done even better than they did?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, there's a lot of truth in there and, although I also criticise him, neither would I wish him gone for very similar reasons.

Whilst him being the greatest manager ever is of course subjective, it also has to be considered as part of the equation, that he's also possibly working with the greatest ever squad we've had also. Given the same squad, could some of our previous managers have done even better than they did?

Absolutely, I'm not saying that he is our greatest ever manager but the case can be made based on having us competing consistently towards the top end of the table and delivering a major trophy. It's a difficult one to gauge given that each manager has had very a very different set of circumstances. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

Ah, but just because the people taking part want to win on the day, it doesn’t make it important in the wider scheme of things. And how many of them would look back in forty years with regret that they missed their chance to win the Community Shield? I’ll wager probably none. But some might regret not taking their opportunity to win the FA Cup. Or narrowly missing out on the league.

Anyway, it isn’t just professional/elite sports people. Have you ever seen the faces of a bunch of U9 kids who have lost a five-a-side game in training?

The point is mute...pro Footballer want to win,thats the wider scheme of things, the only thing in this subject that really counts.I

They and their agents will use and Shout out loud, on their CV....

They will in 40yrs, say well I played in the Community shield...:dunno: because most likely, they won either cup or league..

Your last point, only confirms They want to win, and it follows them all their lives.

Men Love nothing more than talking about past achievements or just missing out.

It seems your determined to Keep gnawing the bone.....

Any player from lower PL ( like many of our own through history) & the other 3 leagues,who have Never had a smell of any trophy,

would have bit your leg  off,to be mentioned somehow Someday in dispaches,of just getting a sniff..of any trophy...I

Any smarmy fan, trying to grind a petty point, on any trophy, Shows Lack of understanding of participants, on the aurora of the sport he supports...

But maybe, me writing this is just as benign & petty....

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Absolutely, I'm not saying that he is our greatest ever manager but the case can be made based on having us competing consistently towards the top end of the table and delivering a major trophy. It's a difficult one to gauge given that each manager has had very a very different set of circumstances. 

Not a criticism of yourself but I have to question what Brendan does to get spoken in that breath. There's some penalty of Brendan is that when it's bad its very bad but the highs have been glorious. 

On 24/08/2021 at 23:57, Strokes said:

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be proud of it. It’s a decent achievement but it’s just not a major honour. I was there and I loved it.

It’s a bit tinpotish, to rank it amongst big achievements.

Like the supercup,they travel the other side of the world to play....Tinpot..its a its a shield for one...!

Why the fcuk are our own supporters, trying to pull out all the negatives,on our successes....Trying to make "themselves & miserable if not dire opinions",more important than the trophy....

Some weird supporters on this forum.....Jesus a weird fuchsntf, is one too many...:jump:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Its not a surprise that the manager of the best and most expensive squad weve ever had is achieving the best results.

People talking likes taken a rag tag team of lower league players and overachieving with them lol

We've definitely got a brilliant squad when everyone's fit but there aren't many in the world I'd rather have over Brendan right now. He's perfect for us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Its not a surprise that the manager of the best and most expensive squad weve ever had is achieving the best results.

People talking likes taken a rag tag team of lower league players and overachieving with them lol

The flip side of that is that one of the reasons we have such good players now is due in part to him being with us, although I would have to agree at the best time he could be. 

But really, it's just a stick to beat him with - he's done what nobody else has got close to doing, imperfections and all.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not a criticism of yourself but I have to question what Brendan does to get spoken in that breath. There's some penalty of Brendan is that when it's bad its very bad but the highs have been glorious. 

He's been achieving 5/6 form since he got here and we won the FA cup under him.

Going through the other contenders:

Matt Gillies: Reached two FA cup finals, which we both lost, won a league cup and had us competing towards the top end of the table. Definitely a strong contender but this was before the days of billionaire owners and we weren't competing against the financial powerhouses we are today. Although I suppose things are relative.

Martin O'Neill: Got us promoted, won two league cups and consistently in the top ten at a time when we didn't have a pot to piss in. Hard to really find any faults with him, although purists/hipsters would claim that we weren't the prettiest football team (not that I'm particularly bothered). 

Nigel Pearson: A very significant manager for us in terms of rebuilding the club and setting us up long-term. He won two promotions and kept us in the premier league. I get the impression that he couldn't have taken us much further though. His managerial career elsewhere has not been anything spectacular, which is a shame as I always want him to do well. 

Claudio Ranieri: Undoubtedly the greatest achievement of any Leicester manager. However, his second season was a disaster and w were destined for the drop had he remained in place. For that reason I'm always reluctant to call him our greatest ever manager. 

Brendan Rodgers: Consecutive fifth place finishes with the top teams, Man City and Liverpool in particular being much stronger than anything we were competing against when we won the league and he delivered an FA cup victory, which if we are being honest is a more significant trophy than the league cup (not that I will belittle the league cup). I think the reason why you can make the case for Rodgers is where are in the league consistently and considering what we're up against. 

I dont think we have a 'greatest ever manager', not in the same way that Vardy is our greatest ever player quite easily. Rodgers is up there but he's not massively impressive just yet, he's only been here 2 and a half seasons and while the FA cup win is impressive it doesnt set himself apart from the others such as Claudio just yet. If he's here for 7 or so seasons, wins us another major trophy such as FA cup or europa and consolidates us as a european club then he will quite clearly be our greatest ever manager. If he drops off now, with this squad, i think ranieri would still edge him.

• Like 1