Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

56 minutes ago, Shane said:

Interesting our first two goals came from direct long balls over the top. It’s something we don’t usually attempt.

Hopefully it’s something Brendan has instructed the players to do more of. Nothing wrong with playing it long sometimes and fighting for the first and second ball.

Remember Soyuncu launching long balls to Barnes against Rennes/West Ham at home and putting us on the front foot. 

Reminiscent of the good old days but it works if you don’t play it all the time. 

• Like 2

With a good tailwind we could finish 8th and just 4pts off 6th a neutral reading this forum would think 4pts from relegation.

Obviously part of the tailwind is having Man U & Wolves lose next Sunday which there is a very good chance of

2 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Reminiscent of the good old days but it works if you don’t play it all the time. 

its about mixing it up in a match if you play long balls and the defence drops it opens up space for the likes of Maddison

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Said what I said the other day, if your view changes off the back of beating the worst sides in the league who are already down then you're not really serious.

My view hasn't changed going into next season.

Mine has lol if he can keep us playing like this then he should get next season with a full squad of fit players and no Europe.

He did say they had a chat after the Everton loss so something has changed I think.

Fickle I know ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the game today was 5 games ago it would have been totally different. It actually doesn’t go in Rodgers favour because some of the attacking play in the past 2 games if employed against Roma would have seen us do much better.

Until he can show some attacking intent and consistency in games that actually matter then i’ll always he of the opinion that the squad needs someone new with fresh ideas. 

• Like 3

We could still finish 8th which in the scheme of things is a good season. Its the players that let themselves down when we been poor. Maybe Rodgers needs to be more ruthless with the poor performers, with no European football he has the ideal opportunity to have a stable side and without need to chop and change side after midweek European games. 

• Like 2

I'll be honest, yet again I haven't bothered to watch today.

Great, we scored 5 goals, but it's the same old story of conceding from corners.

You have to get the basics right, it's absolutely imperative. 

You don't give away easy goals, you don't lose matches.

Brendan simply hasn't addressed the root cause of our problem.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

We could still finish 8th which in the scheme of things is a good season. Its the players that let themselves down when we been poor. Maybe Rodgers needs to be more ruthless with the poor performers, with no European football he has the ideal opportunity to have a stable side and without need to chop and change side after midweek European games. 

I go back and forward on Rodgers but cold hard facts are: two fifth place finishes, an FA Cup and Community Shield and now it is likely to be eighth. 

He will be here next season 

I think a lot of latitude will go, however, if we are still average when we don't have European football. 

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Whilst it’s not the decision I would have made myself, if he felt it was the correct decision to drop Kasper and play Ward, you cannot let sentimental reason or personal records get in the way of making the decision that you believe is best for the team.

kasper should have been rested after the newcastle game.

I don't understand a lot of the comments on here. 

When we brought in BR it was practically not long off the back of the PL post winning season. We had a huge bloated squad with a lot of deadwood players to clear out. We also needed to go through a long term sqaud rebuild that is still ongoing. 

So with that all in mind, congrats to the naysayers who don't appear to take notice over what they're talking about!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Mine has lol if he can keep us playing like this then he should get next season with a full squad of fit players and no Europe.

He did say they had a chat after the Everton loss so something has changed I think.

Fickle I know ! 

I hate to break it to you but we aren't playing already relegated Norwich and Watford every week. The last two games to me proved we have the firepower (and I thought we attacked really nicely today at times to be fair) but I don't think the deeper lying issues are sorted and nor do I think they're going to be. I'll own it if I'm wrong but I doubt it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dames said:

If the game today was 5 games ago it would have been totally different. It actually doesn’t go in Rodgers favour because some of the attacking play in the past 2 games if employed against Roma would have seen us do much better.

Until he can show some attacking intent and consistency in games that actually matter then i’ll always he of the opinion that the squad needs someone new with fresh ideas. 

It again boils down to that fear of losing (or wanting to stay in a game). 

Rightly or wrongly, this has cost us over the 3 seasons he’s been here. Whether we’d have got to those positions of having something to lose, having someone else in charge, is another matter. 

There was nothing to lose today, so the players were granted freedom. We’ll revert to the norm against Chelsea (only thing to lose there is BRs reputation).

It’s not necessarily a bad way to set a team up. However with the frailties we have with set pieces and how we fare under pressure, it just doesn’t suit us. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

44 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I don't understand a lot of the comments on here. 

When we brought in BR it was practically not long off the back of the PL post winning season. We had a huge bloated squad with a lot of deadwood players to clear out. We also needed to go through a long term sqaud rebuild that is still ongoing. 

So with that all in mind, congrats to the naysayers who don't appear to take notice over what they're talking about!

....Puel started the rebuild from the Premier League winning team!!!

With the players he brought in, it made us a more attractive team and Tielemans coming in at that time (when he was top of his game) was  not long enough help his cause. It made us a very attractive proposition that Rodgers could not fail to see, the opportunity. The fact that Puel was so poor in his man management skills was his undoing.

We still hold the majority of his (Puel) players, after 3 years of Rodgers tenure.

• Like 4