Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

36 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's against 2 of the most horrific teams you'll see

And think about what your reaction would be had we lost today? 

This is why I think people can't overlook their hatred or dislike of Rodgers against the club doing what they can to finish the season well. 

You're looking for something to go against the club because you think it'll make you feel better in not liking Rodgers. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

And think about what your reaction would be had we lost today? 

This is why I think people can't overlook their hatred or dislike of Rodgers against the club doing what they can to finish the season well. 

You're looking for something to go against the club because you think it'll make you feel better in not liking Rodgers. 

I would have laughed my head off, unfortunately we're too good and the players have too much professional pride to lose to a group of players much worse than them (unless of course there's pressure on the game and Rodgers puts the fear of god into them before the game)

You're right though, I can't. I'm past the point of return, I'll freely admit it. I want him gone and I want it done ASAP :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I don't understand a lot of the comments on here. 

When we brought in BR it was practically not long off the back of the PL post winning season. We had a huge bloated squad with a lot of deadwood players to clear out. We also needed to go through a long term sqaud rebuild that is still ongoing. 

So with that all in mind, congrats to the naysayers who don't appear to take notice over what they're talking about!

Mendy, Choudhury, Albrighton, Praet, Perez, Vestergaard, Amartey....We have as much if not more deadwood.

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The good news for us is the league really isn't that good. I think we've been so below par yet nobody else has really punished us for it. Every single year it's "it'll be tougher next season" but it never materialises. We have genuinely good players in this side. We can get into Europe next season if he sorts our issues out but I don't think he will.

....spot on!!!

I said this last season, the best League in the World is a misnomer. Four very good teams and a middling bunch of teams which have little consistency. We need to compete against these teams, draws against this big boys is what is going to allow us, to push for top 6 and above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Puel started the rebuild from the Premier League winning team!!!

With the players he brought in, it made us a more attractive team and Tielemans coming in at that time (when he was top of his game) was  not long enough help his cause. It made us a very attractive proposition that Rodgers could not fail to see, the opportunity. The fact that Puel was so poor in his man management skills was his undoing.

We still hold the majority of his (Puel) players, after 3 years of Rodgers tenure.

I don't disagree, but there are still players we either brought who turned out to be naff or were already on the books but not good enough that are still in the 25 man squad.

57 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Mendy, Choudhury, Albrighton, Praet, Perez, Vestergaard, Amartey....We have as much if not more deadwood.

Mendy, choudhury, Albrighton, amartey were already here. Praet I actually liked as a technical midfield player. Vestergaard and perez......no words for those two! Perez wasn't terrible in his first season but he never suited our style. 

First of all, can we cut the silly name calling for people having a difference in opinion. 

I firmly think Rodgers has a huge task on his hands. I'd shake his hand at the end of the season but the club won't. 

HOWEVER - as a club and a prospect for signings, we badly, badly needed to get ourselves into the top ten. An air of toxicity wasn't/isnt going to help us get players we want. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Interesting our first two goals came from direct long balls over the top. It’s something we don’t usually attempt.

Hopefully it’s something Brendan has instructed the players to do more of. Nothing wrong with playing it long sometimes and fighting for the first and second ball.

Remember Soyuncu launching long balls to Barnes against Rennes/West Ham at home and putting us on the front foot. 

This is what Soyuncu got a lot of joy for us over the years and was noticeably what was undoing Brentford and Palace in those home wins several weeks ago. Since then we'd stopped doing it and it's such a useful weapon to set the tone for pushing teams back and then rushing them to press and overload in to mistakes deep in their half.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’d love to know if the players have stopped listening to Rodgers and are just doing their own thing. Because it sure looks like it 😂

Rodgers will definitely claim that when it comes to set pieces!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Mendy, choudhury, Albrighton, amartey were already here. Praet I actually liked as a technical midfield player. Vestergaard and perez......no words for those two! Perez wasn't terrible in his first season but he never suited our style. 

3 of the 4 have been given new contracts by Rodgers.

Vestergaard, Praet and Perez were his signings, and he doesnt rate them to start regularly. You didn't mention Bertrand.

So Rodgers is the one responsible for our Deadwood...In the summer he will just add more and more.

55 minutes ago, TK95 said:

They'd have been f****d without our 4 points :(

We dropped league points this season against Burnley and Leeds, too.

We are like Santa for relegation threatened clubs.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’d love to know if the players have stopped listening to Rodgers and are just doing their own thing. Because it sure looks like it 😂

It sure does on corners your right 

Can I make a pedantic observation? 

It isn't fickle to change your mind, it is fickle to say one thing and then keep changing what you say about it over and over again. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
Started saying one thing, changed it incompletely!
  • Like 2

Rodgers is a legendary manager because of the FA Cup.

We have had a poor season.    We have got past 60 points in the previous season.

Today changes nothing.

I can accept Rodgers remaining as manager.    If he does, he had to do better next year or ve sacked.   If we look like we couldn't hit 20 points from the first 13 games (the opening third of the season), he should go.

I could accept a new manager coming in.

The ongoing set-piece debacle has to be sorted.

• Like 1