Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....spot on!!!

I said this last season, the best League in the World is a misnomer. Four very good teams and a middling bunch of teams which have little consistency. We need to compete against these teams, draws against this big boys is what is going to allow us, to push for top 6 and above.

It's going through a fairly mediocre phase albeit has excellence at the top. The fact we're now likely to finish 8th is a pretty bad reflection on this league but like I say, means Europe is still attainable.

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's going through a fairly mediocre phase albeit has excellence at the top. The fact we're now likely to finish 8th is a pretty bad reflection on this league but like I say, means Europe is still attainable.

....next season, it should be the least of our aspirations!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say he probably regrets not being determined enough, there was too much caution in everything we did after that PSV win. The rotated teams wasn't necessarily the problem, it was the narrative around our season and playing with any desire or conviction. He should have told the fringe players they were playing for their futures and demand a strong end to the season after it by and large not being good enough.

You look at how this side reacted a few times this season after pressure was building and it shows that there's a receptiveness to stepping up a gear. He's got to take the handbrake off more than he does, it's cost us bog time this season as the quality in this league from 4th to 10th has been shocking, every bit if not worse than the 2 seasons we were ensconced in the top 4 until the final weeks.

To be fair West Ham form between Lyon and Frankfurt was similar.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's easy to be wise after the event. There's no point trying to qualify for Europe if you don't take European games seriously. We did our best to get to the final and win a trophy, it didn't work out but we won't die wondering.

Good point. 

• Like 1

I wonder with Brendan if half of the frustration is that we know he can take a team to near the top, hence why we seem extra frustrated at the disappointments of this season. I think a season with just the league to concentrate on next season (and cups) will probably leave us and him in a good place. 

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

3 of the 4 have been given new contracts by Rodgers.

Vestergaard, Praet and Perez were his signings, and he doesnt rate them to start regularly. You didn't mention Bertrand.

So Rodgers is the one responsible for our Deadwood...In the summer he will just add more and more.

I think you'll find that the season we won the leugue was the point our squad depth became bloated. Saying BR is solely to blame is naive at best.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Not true. In Puel's last game the line up was as follows 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo 

Evans 

Maguire 

Fuchs

Tielemans 

Ndidi 

Maddison 

Ghezzal

Vardy

Barnes 

7 of those starting 11 are still starting for us 3 years later. Rodgers inherited a pretty good team. 

Why don't you add the full sqaud at that point. 

Your analogy may then appear somewhat different.

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say he probably regrets not being determined enough, there was too much caution in everything we did after that PSV win. The rotated teams wasn't necessarily the problem, it was the narrative around our season and playing with any desire or conviction. He should have told the fringe players they were playing for their futures and demand a strong end to the season after it by and large not being good enough.

You look at how this side reacted a few times this season after pressure was building and it shows that there's a receptiveness to stepping up a gear. He's got to take the handbrake off more than he does, it's cost us bog time this season as the quality in this league from 4th to 10th has been shocking, every bit if not worse than the 2 seasons we were ensconced in the top 4 until the final weeks.

Just wondering how you have such a good knowledge of our dressing room and 1-1 conversations Rodgers has with the players, do you work at the club?

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Not very likely to happen though is it? I have more serious doubts about him but I think you can forget him going anywhere until October/November at the earliest

....should we end up divesting ourselves of his services in October/November, it may be the biggest mistake since hiring Holloway!!!

It would mean that we have failed to perform, the rebuild has not worked out as planned and we potentially are lumbered with players that are most likely air-marked for the January and next summer's window.

We are likely to set ourselves back 18 months.

On 06/05/2022 at 00:57, Phenom said:

Lol did anyone predict we would be a bottom half premier league team? Because that’s the way it’s looking.

Welcome to the forum mate, just a shot across your bough, I’m always right.

5 hours ago, majaco said:

Albrighton isn't deadwood.  I suspect Amartey and Mendy could be in the squad next season.

Albrighton is a legend.

I think Amartey has been a great signing for £5m. You’re not going to get Virgil Van Dijk  to come in and be happy to be a squad player. Neither can you afford him to be. He’s been somewhat adequate when called upon and has been versatile. Never seems to complain and he’s got a great tash, 

• Like 1