Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I get that and I think there's a level where you can just get back onto the fence, to go from out to in over battering two clubs dead and buried just seems too mental really lol

Like I get with Rodgers I dont think there's a real hatred there, although some are completely tapped out unlike say Puel. 

...there was a sizeable amount of supporters on this forum who backed Puel, vehemently!!!

His dismissal proved to be a good thing and the "..careful what you wish for" statements being potents of doom, did not come through. 

If that change was proven to be the right option, then why should Rodgers leaving not be afforded the same belief.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...there was a sizeable amount of supporters on this forum who backed Puel, vehemently!!!

His dismissal proved to be a good thing and the "..careful what you wish for" statements being potents of doom, did not come through. 

If that change was proven to be the right option, then why should Rodgers leaving not be afforded the same belief.

Oh yeah there's always a divide I think my point is the Brendan outers I don't think the vast majority hate him they just think it's time for a change whereas with Puel it got to that point imo 

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

By the time Puel went pretty much everyone was on board with it and he went at the correct time.

• Like 3

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Oh yeah there's always a divide I think my point is the Brendan outers I don't think the vast majority hate him they just think it's time for a change whereas with Puel it got to that point imo 

It definitely is not personal as far as I'm concerned, although his comments after the Everton game last week upset me. I am more than happy for Brendan to prove me and others wrong because that means that Leicester are doing well. Despite seeing his flaws he does certainly have some good qualities. He will be our manager next season and as long as he addresses our biggest two issues then I am fine with that. 

• Like 3

Just now, BenTheFox said:

It definitely is not personal as far as I'm concerned, although his comments after the Everton game last week upset me. I am more than happy for Brendan to prove me and others wrong because that means that Leicester are doing well. Despite seeing his flaws he does certainly have some good qualities. He will be our manager next season and as long as he addresses our biggest two issues then I am fine with that. 

I'm the same, I think it's ran it's course but I don't think I'll be kicking and screaming if he turns up first game. He has shown he can do it and you'd hope after this year it proper puts the spring up his backside cause at the end of the day I think this was meant to be a stepping stone for him, if he doesn't deliver next year then he's looking at sides relatively similar to us now 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm the same, I think it's ran it's course but I don't think I'll be kicking and screaming if he turns up first game. He has shown he can do it and you'd hope after this year it proper puts the spring up his backside cause at the end of the day I think this was meant to be a stepping stone for him, if he doesn't deliver next year then he's looking at sides relatively similar to us now 

Concisely rounded up there. 

I hope the club as well have enough control in the transfer department. 

3 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

There has been absolutely zero pressure in the last two games. Let's not pretend otherwise eh. 

When the pressure is on the team and manager bottle it, exemplified on numerous occasions over the past two/ three seasons, barring one notable exception.

Lets get it right eh...

We havent Bottled anything, We have competed..

This season was from our side the fans, One to forget on aspirations..

Last 2-3 seasons...:dunno:

Look where we are Coming from, where we Need to Pull ourselves upto,you cant Bottle something when you havent even sorted out the crate &Fridge

Brand new Fridge space..

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just for example, if you are unable to fully do your current job and consistently being reminded and warned of this, should your company employ someone to work alongside of you, to cover your deficiency, or employ  someone who can do your role without incurring the added expense!!!

At this moment, I believe the company is giving him a lot of help and taken responsibilities away from him, so he concentrates solely on one area of the club. 

No point in the club buying an expensive guard dog, and then having to bark themselves. 

Having worked at board level for many years I understand what you’d say but in practise it doesn’t always work exactly like that. Top execs tend to like staff who work for them who point the finger at those lower down so the heat never hits them rightly or wrongly. Same with the board. In a modern football managers role they take responsibility for matters on the pitch but will employ many coaches and aides. Ultimately though if the problem persists then the flak will land him in it. Key to this is the existence of the strategy statement and a clear framework is essential to set out clearly what is required and what success looks like, timescales etc. Then when that person fail to remediate those issues it’s clear and easy to convince the board to take appropriate action and not pass the blame. 

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Surprised with how many have actually changed their mind 

It's a very fickle game. A cloud has lifted somewhat after the Everton debacle but have we shown any serious signs of our issues going away? If you're being harsh I put yesterday largely down to the quality of our attackers and abject opposition. We've clearly missed Vardy but we didn't look any more organised at the back to me. Similar to the game we played at home to Watford actually.

Morale should be up but I don't think this set piece situation is going to go away. It was as bad yesterday as it's been all season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Did you expect a great deal else? The season before we'd had one of our best league finishes ever and won an FA Cup for the first time in our history. Many a pundit would probably have pointed out the only way is down, for good season. We simply don't spend that much more than a bunch of other teams to cement us high up constantly, especially when so many players are out injured and with more games due to Europe.

I'm no Rodgers apologist, I've been highly critical of him, but if we finish 8th quite frankly that probably sits within the clubs acceptable targets at the start of the season, albeit the lower end. 

Here is the dilemma though. You have historically taken a very balanced/low key view on our aspirations as a club over the years in the midst of success and how that translates in to increased expectations and yet for the first regime I can ever remember you've got absolutely disgusted at the repeated mistakes under Rodgers. I actually think you remained less bothered in the horror months of Claude Puel than this, so if someone as amiable as you can be at the end of their tether with a manager then thst speaks volumes to me.

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

We can all see that. The debate comes from where you assign what portion of blame. 

That's largely where the whole debate about Rodgers really comes from.

Set pieces is on him at this point. He's been here over three years (and set pieces have been a problem for two years, not one).

Injuries is the dubious one. I think partially on him. Not totally, but partially.

The late collapses, again, yes I think that's on him. Lack of killer instinct. Lack of ruthlessness in a game.

I fully agreed with the post listing these as the problems. I just think a change of manager may be how you solve those issues.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's a very fickle game. A cloud has lifted somewhat after the Everton debacle but have we shown any serious signs of our issues going away? If you're being harsh I put yesterday largely down to the quality of our attackers and abject opposition. We've clearly missed Vardy but we didn't look any more organised at the back to me. Similar to the game we played at home to Watford actually.

Morale should be up but I don't think this set piece situation is going to go away. It was as bad yesterday as it's been all season.

Part of it as well is the shackles are off and those wins in the grand scheme of things mean nothing really, sure we can finish 8th but it's not something to celebrate. And even in those games we've seen the same problems but they've been easier to overcome based on the opposition, I mean the Norwich first half is easy to forget now but it was the same abject bollocks we've seen all season, even Watford again another set piece. The only real thing we've seen is an attacking intent, which I think both oppositions kind of forced us into 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Part of it as well is the shackles are off and those wins in the grand scheme of things mean nothing really, sure we can finish 8th but it's not something to celebrate. And even in those games we've seen the same problems but they've been easier to overcome based on the opposition, I mean the Norwich first half is easy to forget now but it was the same abject bollocks we've seen all season, even Watford again another set piece. The only real thing we've seen is an attacking intent, which I think both oppositions kind of forced us into 

100% Watford were woeful defensively with little shape and no effort to cover out players breaking forwards 

the fact we gave up more then 2 Xg tells its own story …….we allowed them to make a few very decent opportunities …..  a better side will punish us for that

the next two games will tell us far more than the past two ……

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Having worked at board level for many years I understand what you’d say but in practise it doesn’t always work exactly like that. Top execs tend to like staff who work for them who point the finger at those lower down so the heat never hits them rightly or wrongly. Same with the board. In a modern football managers role they take responsibility for matters on the pitch but will employ many coaches and aides. Ultimately though if the problem persists then the flak will land him in it. Key to this is the existence of the strategy statement and a clear framework is essential to set out clearly what is required and what success looks like, timescales etc. Then when that person fail to remediate those issues it’s clear and easy to convince the board to take appropriate action and not pass the blame. 

...the essential staff he has at his disposal are his men!!!

To terminate Rodgers contract, would also mean paying out a great deal of money for his staff as well. He will, in this case, be the sole arbiter of the failures of the people around him and therefore has the ability to erroneously apportion blame.

The problems have not recently manifested themselves, taking responsibility for our shortcomings does not seem to be something he excels at, we have two more games to go, let's see if the Chairman stays his hand.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I was pretty confident we'd win them both comfortably. You couldn't ask for better fixtures. It's rightly pointed out that you play everyone twice anyway but I don't feel like we're good all of a sudden. It doesn't take precedence over a season where we've been poor.

If we finish 8th, and we probably will now if we beat Southampton, then that's really quite remarkable. It'll be spun as a good season but nobody will convince me it has been.

I find it remarkable we could finish 8th. Honestly baffling. I think we've played genuinely well about 4/5 times all season.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the essential staff he has at his disposal are his men!!!

To terminate Rodgers contract, would also mean paying out a great deal of money for his staff as well. He will, in this case, be the sole arbiter of the failures of the people around him and therefore has the ability to erroneously apportion blame.

The problems have not recently manifested themselves, taking responsibility for our shortcomings does not seem to be something he excels at, we have two more games to go, let's see if the Chairman stays his hand.

They are not new things I agree but they will have a remediation plan in place and will act according to how successful he has been taking into account mitigatants. Of course he has his own staff but he doesn’t control all aspects of the club. He isn’t Fergie!

3 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

They are not new things I agree but they will have a remediation plan in place and will act according to how successful he has been taking into account mitigatants. Of course he has his own staff but he doesn’t control all aspects of the club. He isn’t Fergie!

.. the corrections can only come from him or his immediate staff!!!

This is a footballing problem not a club policy where you need to have strategies in place for everything. 

We have taken back control of certain parts of his duties, if we continue to do this, then we may as well see Top doing the job himself. 

Ric made the most valid point I've seen about the approach needing to be better against teams from 7th/8th down. We have the attacking talent to win plenty of games versus those sides, if we could be bolder I think we'll be closer to where we want to be (and even Rodgers, deep down, will know we're capable of better than this).

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah I was pretty confident we'd win them both comfortably. You couldn't ask for better fixtures. It's rightly pointed out that you play everyone twice anyway but I don't feel like we're good all of a sudden. It doesn't take precedence over a season where we've been poor.

If we finish 8th, and we probably will now if we beat Southampton, then that's really quite remarkable. It'll be spun as a good season but nobody will convince me it has been.

I find it remarkable we could finish 8th. Honestly baffling. I think we've played genuinely well about 4/5 times all season.

I think we will finish 9th or 10th because I think we will lose to Chelsea and draw against Southampton. It will be remarkable/laughable if we end up finishing 8th given how poor we have been this season. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Frankly, and without being too dramatic, i'm not interested in where we came from. Leicester City have the best playing staff in the history of their existence with a manager who's paid the 4th highest in the league. I'm afraid it's a complete failure not to have secured CL football given the positions we were in two seasons in a row.

Bottlers, collapse artists, mentally weak etc, it's all semantics. We've gone from being on the verge of playing at the highest echelons of European club football.... to fighting it out for a top half finish.

Yes its Great we have developed,Evolved und started to Knock on the door. Eras are built und Take Time its not all plain sailing...

"Where we come from" comment is just trying to Show Not all ressources are yet Embedded in our make up...to Challenge consistently ,

We should acknowledge & accept there will be hiccups, One can Crunch ones buttocks & Shout blue murder, but patience  & downers are both

Part of the journey...

In the First big picture, even with an unexpected for our fought & attained level, after a  Let down season, the all round strength & quality still kept us 

competing until the  concertienered last Part of the season...Other considered Top  clubs have Fell Off and Really faced Bottom 6 or relegation..

Being on the verge, should  Show all , whats  needed to break into that consistent group of clubs who compete consistently  for those covetted Top 6 position.

Spurs,Arsenal resurgence, W.ham & Wolves Fall off should Show a few...it aint that easy, and Financial & "Names" Ressources do make those end differences..

Manutd have had vor them very poor seasons...but their Squad Financial ressources has kept them around Top 6...

Many in their hate and chips on their shoulders, cant see what makes and what it takes, to continually Knock on that door...

should ofs, could ofs, nearlys, if onlys...Don t get it done...One season  means in both  positive/negative Format  fk- All..

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Frankly, and without being too dramatic, i'm not interested in where we came from. Leicester City have the best playing staff in the history of their existence with a manager who's paid the 4th highest in the league. I'm afraid it's a complete failure not to have secured CL football given the positions we were in two seasons in a row.

Bottlers, collapse artists, mentally weak etc, it's all semantics. We've gone from being on the verge of playing at the highest echelons of European club football.... to fighting it out for a top half finish.

You are speaking as if no other team is allowed to move forward, allowed to recruit staff and players to progress. This simply isn’t true.

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Doesn’t matter though does it, it’s a 38 game season, they’ve both been shite all season, and everyone has to play them twice 🤷‍♂️

They are games you expect to win but you still get people whinging when we drop points to top six teams which are games you don’t expect to win. Can’t have it both ways.

It’s not the losing, it’s how we’ve lost. And in many of the matches we won, how we won. And the signings. And the post-match interviews. And the pre-match interviews. And it all compounds on top of how I feel about top flight football.

Don’t want to put words into Tom’s mouth, but it’s whether or not you can balance the squad development/intent/play with the price of admission - and by Christ I can’t anymore. I’m now at the stage where I’m checking results in passing on the internet - if at all. I’m not hoping we lose, like some tossers make out, I’m at the point where I don’t care there’s a match on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

It’s not the losing, it’s how we’ve lost. And in many of the matches we won, how we won. And the signings. And the post-match interviews. And the pre-match interviews. And it all compounds on top of how I feel about top flight football.

Don’t want to put words into Tom’s mouth, but it’s whether or not you can balance the squad development/intent/play with the price of admission - and by Christ I can’t anymore. I’m now at the stage where I’m checking results in passing on the internet - if at all. I’m not hoping we lose, like some tossers make out, I’m at the point where I don’t care there’s a match on.

I haven’t been overly impressed by the signings but I’m not convinced how much input he has into them.

As for entertainment value I get that it’s not always great they do the same shit wrong every week and it’s not always easy to keep engaged when you know we are finishing mid table but f**k me I’m pretty sure we have sat through worse, well you and I have at least I know that for a fact. 

• Like 2