Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

24 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Fair play, nice way to share a last memory with his old man before he passed.

His stock has certainly elevated since joining Celtic. I'm curious to find out more from your first hand experience watching him during your time in Tokyo and Australia

Yokohama, just south of Tokyo but fricking close. 

2019 in particular man. We (yeah, I'll say we. I was there almost every kick of the year) came from nowhere mid-season to go on the most ridiculous run to snatch the J-League title from Kawasaki Frontale and FC Tokyo. I loved the way we played. Keita Endo on the left, Teruhito Nakagawa on the right. Marcos Júnior pulling the strings in the number 10 position. Takuya Kida and Takahiro Ogihara in midfield. We were devastating. We couldn't defend for shít, but we went for the throats of anyone that came to the Nissan and wherever we went away. Yes, it went wrong sometimes and we suffered some hammerings (usually at the Ajinomoto, **** you FC Tokyo and your YNWA bullshit) but watching a team just fully send it for 90 minutes and fvck the consequences was phenomenal. 

Obviously Leicester are my first love but some of my happiest days as a football fan were during that 2019 title win. 

And Ange orchestrated the whole thing. What a presence that guy was on the touchline! The fvcking boss. The fvcking chief. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mendi said:

....not sure what is happening to keepers at the moment but there is this tendency to parry shots as opposed to turning them round the post!!!

Not convinced about him, no confidence in him at all.

8 hours ago, Mendi said:

He is the polar opposite to Kasper in the sense he is a tall and commanding GK - Potter brought him in to replace a top shot stopper in Mat Ryan but a midget in terms of keepers.

Could think of worse keepers but still hope it’s Pope just think he’ll be too expensive.

15 hours ago, Master Fox said:

I wonder if Van-Bronkhorst is earning £10. Million a year? Highly unlikely. It’s a complete failure we didn’t reach one of the two Europa finals this year. Is there any Glasgow Rangers players who’d get into our starting 11? Maybe one? 

We should have qualified from our Europa League group, there's absolutely no excuse for it. However, if we finished second to Napoli in the group, which isn't unreasonable, Napoli are a good side then we would have been playing Barcelona. Going out to Barcelona, despite them not being the Barcelona of old, would not be a stick to beat to Rodgers with. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

You realise Rodgers didn't put himself on £10m don't you? People constantly bringing it up is a weird stick to beat him with. If you think he's paid too much for his abilities, blame those above him. Just like you'd blame the manager for buying a dud players, rather than blaming the player for what he cost in fees and wages. 

Whilst I don’t fully agree with what @Master Fox was saying it’s hard to not acknowledge that Brendan and his agent didn’t play a blinder after that alleged Arsenal interest to secure that new and improved contract.

Also, as a player who cost x amount compared to a free/cheaper alternative, that comes with greater expectations so is it not reasonable for fans to expect more from one of the highest paid managers in the league?

Alas, less excuses for our awful defending of set-pieces (when x comes back, or lack of time, or even worse his ignorance to any issues earlier in the season).

• Like 1

I wasn't crazy about him coming here in the first place but I did warm to him for a while. I now am completely done with him as a Manager !!

He's  failed to sort out our defence & his team selection & substitutions have been suspect.

My biggest problem with him is the lame excuses he spews out on a continuous basis. 

I think the players have stopped listening to him.

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Whilst I don’t fully agree with what @Master Fox was saying it’s hard to not acknowledge that Brendan and his agent didn’t play a blinder after that alleged Arsenal interest to secure that new and improved contract.

Also, as a player who cost x amount compared to a free/cheaper alternative, that comes with greater expectations so is it not reasonable for fans to expect more from one of the highest paid managers in the league?

Alas, less excuses for our awful defending of set-pieces (when x comes back, or lack of time, or even worse his ignorance to any issues earlier in the season).

Top made a joke about this at the awards night. 

Rodgers was fuming 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

He had several years on his contract, the club didn’t have to do anything. 

Expectations like finishing 5th twice, winning the FA Cup and getting to European semi. For a team with a budget nothing like some of those they’ve been finishing above. 

You think that’s not actually good enough for Leicester City? You think the club aren’t frankly thrilled with what they got for their money in the main?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Expectations like finishing 5th twice, winning the FA Cup and getting to European semi. For a team with a budget nothing like some of those they’ve been finishing above. 

You think that’s not actually good enough for Leicester City? You think the club aren’t frankly thrilled with what they got for their money in the main?

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one mate.

The club absolutely had to do something as at the time, we were flying high in the top 4 spots and it looked more likely to achieve that than the 5th place finishes (particularly in 19/20) - so losing Rodgers had zero positives, especially to a direct rival in Arsenal.

As for your question about not being good enough for Leicester City, should we continue to remind ourselves of our League One tour?

In all sports, clubs/individual athletes rise and fall at various stages whether it’s due to investment, infrastructure, luck, timing or a combination of all four.

Before a ball was kicked, of course the board would have been thrilled but when put context into both top 5 finishes, they would surely be looked back in history as “what could have been.”

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Also, I think you’ll find mine and others frustration about Rodgers isn’t even the bottled top 5 positions but the unwanted record breaking set-piece issue.

Turgid football, obsession with possession, losing to our rivals in a trophy we wanted to try to defend with at least some credibility, the last minute goals/defeats.

Ohhh and some extremely deluded and irrational post match conferences.

All of which have come in a season where we’re not punching above our weight financially as you commented.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

F*** are on you about league one? When we sacked Puel we were bottom half of the table, the expectation when Rodgers took over was nothing like finishing 5th and challenging until the last day twice to get in the champions league. It was WAY beyond expectation. 

If we'd started off shit and gone on a great run and finished 5th people would laud the achievement. Despite results being exactly the same as things happening the other way around. What matters is where we finished, end of story. HE got us in that position in the first place and exceeded expectations. 

I wouldn't say he exceeded expectations, they were high as we had brought him in to put us there, the first season we gave away top 4 was disappointing but we moved on and thought next season we will keep hold of it. To go on and let it slip again was inexcusable, from then it has just been negative football, negative subs. The losing at the last minute/last game started has started to become the expectation. That to me tells me it's time for him to be moved on. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

I've got no issue with the striker situation. We created nothing with 2 strikers on the pitch. They were both a dead weight given the way the game panned out

Bringing Perez on for Vardy as a link man resulted in our most controlled period of the match, and we saw that game out relatively comfortably in the end.

What you doing speaking sense in here? You're banned! 🤣

• Like 2

We over achieved then choked twice. 5th place 2 seasons in row for Leicester looks great from the outside but was a big disappointment in the end after being in the Champions League spots for so long.

Injuries have not helped this season but we have underachieved badly this season. A good end to it does not gloss over this. 

Do we give Rogers the chance to go again next season. I am on the fence with it. I want to believe we can press on again next season with him in charge but there have been a lot of issues that have not been addressed this season which is worrying.

The set piece issue alone (20 goals?) would probably have us sitting on at least another 10 points if we had given only half the amount away.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

We took off both strikers and didn’t bring the one on the bench on? Dropped Barnes when he’s found some form, leaves Kasper out when he could have played 150 straight league games only to bring him back the very next game…

Rodgers really does baffle you at times

I’d be so pissed off if I was Kasper. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

We over achieved then choked twice. 5th place 2 seasons in row for Leicester looks great from the outside but was a big disappointment in the end after being in the Champions League spots for so long.

Injuries have not helped this season but we have underachieved badly this season. A good end to it does not gloss over this. 

Do we give Rogers the chance to go again next season. I am on the fence with it. I want to believe we can press on again next season with him in charge but there have been a lot of issues that have not been addressed this season which is worrying.

The set piece issue alone (20 goals?) would probably have us sitting on at least another 10 points if we had given only half the amount away.

You you don't get to choose. Sorry. Just support the team.