Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The club isn't dropping him after a top half finish and a decent cup run. We won the FA Cup last season.

I am a little worried this could be the start of a downward trajectory but I think Rodgers has earned the right to take the start of the rebuild. Two fifth place finishes, a likely eighth place, a European semi final and a FA Cup.

• Like 3

I’m concerned we’ll keep him and need a reshuffle. Unfortunately he’s shown that he’s not up to it. A top half finish will see him start next season but I think it will not help us long term. Hope we make the change but can’t see it. Better options available. 

• Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I’m concerned we’ll keep him and need a reshuffle. Unfortunately he’s shown that he’s not up to it. A top half finish will see him start next season but I think it will not help us long term. Hope we make the change but can’t see it. Better options available. 

Do be quiet now. Your non sensical ramblings are shaming you.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Tanya said:

The club isn't dropping him after a top half finish and a decent cup run. We won the FA Cup last season.

I am a little worried this could be the start of a downward trajectory but I think Rodgers has earned the right to take the start of the rebuild. Two fifth place finishes, a likely eighth place, a European semi final and a FA Cup.

Weighing everything up, that’s how I see it. I think he’s earnt the chance to start a rebuild. I’m not sure I trust him to sign the right players but I’m sure he’ll stay to be given the chance 

Personally, at this moment in time, my biggest worry is recruitment. BR isn't solely responsible for this, but does have partial responsibility. Also, a great manager surrounds himself with good people - like Pearson with Shakespeare and Walsh. 

To play the Rodgers way needs players with individual creativity and confidence. Otherwise the team is just a blunt tool. Teams with players of less ability need to make the most of different attributes: like defensive solidity (low block), pace (counter attack) or physicality (directness). 

Has Rodgers got the right team around him to make good decisions with our summer squad overhaul? I'm not convinced he has. We could be left with a bunch of players without the required ability to play the Rodgers way, but without the physical attributes to play any other way 

• Like 3

Injuries and a belligerent manager have produced a frustrating end to this season. He has until November in my mind to show he remains worthy of his salary and so called reputation.

8 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Rodgers got the right team around him to

He doesn't seem to want professional coaches around him...just his mates.

The defensive issues have been going on for so so long but he blames the players and would rather spend 10 of millions on a players then try to solve the problems by successful coaching

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He doesn't seem to want professional coaches around him...just his mates.

The defensive issues have been going on for so so long but he blames the players and would rather spend 10 of millions on a players then try to solve the problems by successful coaching

And he is the deluded one?!!

The issue is we haven't played consistently well for a run of games for at least a year. The corner goal record is embarrassing and 100% can be reversed by good coaching. Mitigating factor: injuries (but how much of that is down to something up with the backroom staff/ an avoidable problem?) 

Saying that, we have seen Rodgers coach us to a very high standard before (see 8? game win streak Autumn 2019, mixing with top four) and it's worth giving him the chance to rebuild given: i) we know he can do it (get us up the league) ii) we're not in relegation danger iii) given his long contract it would cost us ££ to sack

I expect us to be challenging for Euro spots again next season given we will have moved a few players around and we'll have no Euro midweek games to worry about/more time on the training pitch

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

The issue is we haven't played consistently well for a run of games for at least a year. The corner goal record is embarrassing and 100% can be reversed by good coaching. Mitigating factor: injuries (but how much of that is down to something up with the backroom staff/ an avoidable problem?) 

Saying that, we have seen Rodgers coach us to a very high standard before (see 8? game win streak Autumn 2019, mixing with top four) and it's worth giving him the chance to rebuild given: i) we know he can do it (get us up the league) ii) we're not in relegation danger iii) given his long contract it would cost us ££ to sack

I expect us to be challenging for Euro spots again next season given we will have moved a few players around and we'll have no Euro midweek games to worry about/more time on the training pitch

I can sorta forgive this season due to the huge amounts of injuries to so many key players. 

I know I will get ridiculed and told that how come now they all back we still look crap, but in football consistency is key isn’t it? 

• Like 3