Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

I’d sack Brendan in a heartbeat if it meant Marco Rose coming in :whistle:

....would love to know, what it was that forced them to terminate the contract!!!

They have failed to achieve what they wanted for the season, surely there must be underlying problems for this termination. He has a very good record, does not hang around too long though.

602918370_MarcoRose.png.dd07d212e31f066fce5f512785a85865.png

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....would love to know, what it was that forced them to terminate the contract!!!

They have failed to achieve what they wanted for the season, surely there must be underlying problems for this termination. He has a very good record, does not hang around too long though.

602918370_MarcoRose.png.dd07d212e31f066fce5f512785a85865.png

When the pandemic occurred and Bundesliga football was the only football to watch, his Gladbach side were so enjoyable to watch. 

The likes of Bayern & Dortmund never give managers long enough, no idea what they expected him to do with bombscare type defenders still on their books.

• Like 2

Only conceded fewer than 1.0 xG in once in the last 14 league games :huh:

Last 10 games average

1.09 xG 

1.34 xGA 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

There is very little leeway given in this thread for an apocalyptic season long injury crisis (I can be dramatic too ;))

Did you not notice?

There seems to be very little consideration that the style of play (which I admit has been moribund at times) might have been bought about by said injury crisis, ie a cautious approach due to our weakened position.  Let's not pretend that we haven't played good attacking football under Rodgers.

The worry is that some people have made up their minds now.  'Rogers out' has become entrenched and there's none so blind as those that will not see, as they say.

Personally I believe that Rodgers has no case to answer after two 5th places followed by a top ten finish and the flippin FA Cup (you ingrates).   That is not to say that I don't have any concerns at all, the meek surrender at Forest, the inability to defend set pieces and in particular, some of Rogers'comments talking down the club and the team have infuriated me.  It seems to me that those kind of comments are designed purely to protect his own image and absolve himself of any blame which I find a little nauseating.

On balance, with the mitigating circumstances we have had to endure, Rodgers has earned the right to lead us into next season and has also earned the right to expect the support of the fans imo.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

There seems to be very little consideration that the style of play (which I admit has been moribund at times) might have been bought about by said injury crisis, ie a cautious approach due to our weakened position.  Let's not pretend that we haven't played good attacking football under Rodgers.

Even putting aside that Rodgers had a hand in injury crisis, what's the excuse now? Everybody is back besides Ndidi and Pereira. If we need a 100% squad all of the time to play to our potential it'll never happen.

We've not really been much different peromance-wise since Evans, Vardy & Fofana's returns from injury

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Even putting aside that Rodgers had a hand in injury crisis, what's the excuse now? Everybody is back besides Ndidi and Pereira. If we need a 100% squad all of the time to play to our potential it'll never happen.

We've not really been much different peromance-wise since Evans, Vardy & Fofana's returns from injury

I disagree, results have picked up of late and even if we have seen many players return, up to and including the Everton game we were heavily rotating them because of European commitments.  You can't tell me that the side picked for Everton for instance was anywhere close to our first XI, so that leaves Watford & Chelsea.

As for Rogers somehow causing the injury crisis, I agree it is a bit of a worry and seems to have gone beyond bad luck, but we can't hang that on him because we don't know.  We can only speculate. 

30 minutes ago, murphy said:

There is very little leeway given in this thread for an apocalyptic season long injury crisis (I can be dramatic too ;))

Did you not notice?

The worry is that some people have made up their minds now.  'Rogers out' has become entrenched and there's none so blind as those that will not see, as they say.

Personally I believe that Rodgers has no case to answer after two 5th places followed by a top ten finish and the flippin FA Cup (you ingrates).   That is not to say that I don't have any concerns at all, the meek surrender at Forest, the inability to defend set pieces and some of Rogers'comments talking down the club and the team have infuriated me.  It seems to me that those kind of comments are designed purely to protect his own image and absolve himself of any blame which I find a little nauseating.

On balance, with the mitigating circumstances we have had to endure, Rodgers has earned the right to lead us into next season and has also earned the right to expect the support of the fans imo.

I'm in the Rodgers out group now.

That doesn't mean to say I won't back him 100% going into next season,if the club decides that's the direction that it's  taking.

The problem is ,if he does get the rebuild and it goes wrong ,we could be in big trouble with no money for the next manager to turn things around.

He might get it right though and I would (Kevin keegan style) luv it , to happen 

12 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Marco Rose has left Dortmund. Could see Rodgers being on their radar, might be a good move for both parties.

I know that Germans generally speak English very well, but I certainly cannot imagine that they want a non-German speaking coach. Also, I'm not sure they would meet his wage demands. 

10 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

I'm in the Rodgers out group now.

That doesn't mean to say I won't back him 100% going into next season,if the club decides that's the direction that it's  taking.

The problem is ,if he does get the rebuild and it goes wrong ,we could be in big trouble with no money for the next manager to turn things around.

He might get it right though and I would (Kevin keegan style) luv it , to happen 

Yeah, true.  There are definitely question marks hanging over him in the transfer market, but if he is sacked he will walk off with £30m in his back pocket from our transfer budget anyway.   If we want new signings. we need Rodgers to stay or leave of his own accord.

I dont understand his reasoning for "talking us down". Is it to protect his own (failing..) results? or is it his lack or ambition or even ability to adapt and motivate the squad? Although finishing 8 or 9 it has been a hugely disappointing season. In my opinion we made a mess out of the European campaign despite reaching the semis. But whenever we face stiff competition we have a tendency to "roll-over" with a whimper. We rarely go "gong-ho" against supposedly better sides. The Spurs, Liverpool and Man City matches epitomise this and that is what infuriates us - not giving it a go. Oh and the below statement is just plain unbeliveable.

Skærmbillede 2022-05-20 kl. 17.21.49.png

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I dont understand his reasoning for "talking us down". Is it to protect his own (failing..) results? or is it his lack or ambition or even ability to adapt and motivate the squad? Although finishing 8 or 9 it has been a hugely disappointing season. In my opinion we made a mess out of the European campaign despite reaching the semis. But whenever we face stiff competition we have a tendency to "roll-over" with a whimper. We rarely go "gong-ho" against supposedly better sides. The Spurs, Liverpool and Man City matches epitomise this and that is what infuriates us - not giving it a go. Oh and the below statement is just plain unbeliveable.

It’s fake mate 

The reality is that there is absolutely no shame in finishing out of the top six. The teams that routinely finish there literally have all the cards and for us to breakthrough we've either got to exceed the sum of our parts, or one of them has to have a poor season, or both. Seventh is the realistic limit of our expectation and, should we finish eighth or ninth, it cannot really be considered the abject failure some people are trying to make out it to be. League finish cannot be a stick to beat Brendan with. This is the first time we've finished top ten, in the top tier, for 5 consecutive seasons ever - in our entire history - not just since the formation of the Premier League. 

Does this mean I'm 100% sure that Rodgers is the right man? No. I'm not blind to some of the insipid performances, the mistakes that are repeated, the bizarre substitutions and weak mentality that sees us unable to hold onto a lead. I'm also nervous about whether Brendan can perform in the transfer market and, therefore, our future direction. I'd keep BR for the time being, but it's a caveated position of seeing what the development of the squad looks like over the next 6 to 12 months. 

I just sometimes think we should keep a bit of perspective. I've lived through Pleat, Taylor, Allen, Holloway and Megson. This is by far us at our lowest ebb, but in 36 years supporting the club I cannot remember such a miserable and negative fan base as that we currently have. It's no wonder that the KP is like a morgue. Everybody gets so offended when we're described as overachieving and that we've become entitled but, to some extent, those statements are true. Yes we've moved on. Yes we should be considering ourselves as mid table or top ten - but thinking we have some divine right to break into the top six is still a fanciful notion and needs several things to line up in our favour. That's not to say that having the right manager isn't one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Is because the statement is a hoax?😄

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers to Dortmund no chance!

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I know that Germans generally speak English very well, but I certainly cannot imagine that they want a non-German speaking coach. Also, I'm not sure they would meet his wage demands. 

Do you absolutely think that there is zero chance? I am not saying it’s likely, but I reckon he’ll be looked at. Let’s not forget that he has was favourite for the United job a few months ago, a far bigger club than Dortmund. 

Besides, he will have some admirers on the continent. Like it or not, two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup won’t be unnoticed. Plus, with Dortmund losing Haaland, Bellingham not being faraway from a big move and Reus being on his way out, do you really think that a world class manager would want to go there? 

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How's that compared to other teams?

Under 1.0 or the averages? 

No. of times conceded < 1.0 xGA in the last 10 PL games 

Norwich 1

Watford 1

Leeds 1

Burnley 1 

Everton 2

Southampton 2
Villa 2

Palace 6

Newcastle 7

Brentford 3

Brighton 5

Wolves 1

Leicester 1

West Ham 3 

Man United 2 

Arsenal 6

Spurs 8

Chelsea 6

Liverpool 7

Man City 7

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I disagree, results have picked up of late and even if we have seen many players return, up to and including the Everton game we were heavily rotating them because of European commitments.  You can't tell me that the side picked for Everton for instance was anywhere close to our first XI, so that leaves Watford & Chelsea.

As for Rogers somehow causing the injury crisis, I agree it is a bit of a worry and seems to have gone beyond bad luck, but we can't hang that on him because we don't know.  We can only speculate. 

We've won 3, drew 4 and lost 3 of the last 10

The previous 10, we'd won 4, lost 4 and drew 2

The underlying defensive metrics are better, down from an horrific 1.76 xGA to a still bad 1.34xGA

Offensively, we've gone from 1.11 xG to 1.09 xG

So we have improved on the aggregate but we're still rubbish. Norwich and Watford falling in the same week is kind scheduling, they're so bad we can't place too much stock on those results