Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It’s quite obvious to me, Rodgers rightly or wrongly seems to have divided fans.

He isn’t going anywhere this summer, but we have to all hope that this transfer window works out better than the last one.

Some starting 11 players like Youri, Cags are likely to leave - which will see a challenge but also a “refresh” as Rodgers has said.

The big question for me, at what stage would his “credit” in the bank of his first two seasons run out?

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....no one is actually saying this, it just gets repeated over and over again!!!

We as a club are capable of finishing within the top 6, we don't expect it, we aspire to be there every year. Targets are put in place and we strive to attain them, once we attain what we set out to do, we set new targets which pushes us to achieve more. It is how professional sportsmen view the sport they seek to compete in..

I've seen numerous posts stating either directly, or by implication, that our inability to challenge for a top six position this season is a reason for branding the season a failure and/or getting rid of Rodgers. Having top six as an aspiration is fine, but if the other contenders (we know who they are) make best use of their obvious advantage we're unlikely to compete consistently.

There are quite a few arguments that could be made for dispensing with the services of Rodgers in the best interests of the future direction of the club. But, in my view, finishing 9th instead of 5th/6th isn't one of them 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I get accused of making terrible posts quite often yet i'm proven right more often than i have any right to be considering how "terrible" my opinions are.

You're can't be proven right in this case because it's about something in the past.

42 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I love Pearson, and I know what you are saying… have we collapsed the last two seasons, yes, have we been pretty awful this season, yes. No one can deny it. At the same time we have won the FA Cup, broken records and likely to get eighth this season. Rodgers is learning still, and I’m willing to go with that while we continue to have our best years in history. I will give him that time. Just nice to have consistency rather than changing manager again, there is no need to change at the moment 

At an alleged 10 million a year wages he shouldn't  " still be learning " he should bloody well know the game inside out for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaCiudad said:

You're can't be proven right in this case because it's about something in the past.

It was more  of a general comment that emotional responses to my posts historically havent aged well. If we stop blowing hot and cold then my opinions of rodgers tenure here so far will change.

3 hours ago, LaCiudad said:

You're a priest? 

Yes, saved them from relegation with restructuring. Read about it.

Mate - you come across as pretty belligerent when it comes to Rodgers. 

I’m not sure if you are like this in real life, or if it’s just a keyboard thing, but the tunnelled vision, fan boy sycophantic nature of some of your replies is, well, a little odd. 

I assume most, if not all, on here are Leicester supporters - personally I support the club, players and managers come and go. I’m happy to praise and criticise where it’s due.

To blindly and aggressively defend Rodgers at all costs is a fairly unusual stance to take. 

And of course it’s one that you are well within your rights to do. 

But you seem to take it very personally when someone has a differing opinion to the one you hold. :dunno:

Anyway, enjoy.

Here’s to a the end of this phase and hope for a funner season next year 

:scarf:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I've seen numerous posts stating either directly, or by implication, that our inability to challenge for a top six position this season is a reason for branding the season a failure and/or getting rid of Rodgers. Having top six as an aspiration is fine, but if the other contenders (we know who they are) make best use of their obvious advantage we're unlikely to compete consistently.

There are quite a few arguments that could be made for dispensing with the services of Rodgers in the best interests of the future direction of the club. But, in my view, finishing 9th instead of 5th/6th isn't one of them 

....it would be what we have witnessed this season as opposed to the position where we finish is the greater concern!!!

His poor decisions and short comings tactically and his inability to solve/perceive/ understand everyday defensive problems, is the reason to question his suitability.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

This thread has become very long but I honestly think it’s all academic. I just don’t think the owners will be looking to part with Brendan anytime soon. 
I think the summer recruitment, this time in particular has got to be very astute. We‘ll likely lose Tielemans and we must replace him with a midfield playmaker. We still don’t have a right winger and we still need to tighten the defence. Rodgers has to get it right this time. No more signings like Vestergaard and Bertrand

...with Marcos Rose now on the market, and him being originally one from the list (Foxestalk) of possible managers, the cost of replacing Rodgers has now pretty much halved!!!

It sounds as if we panicked when agreeing to the £10m salary and I hope we stop being so naive in our future dealings. 

A £5m salary should suffice, and should we chose to offload him (Rodgers), you would think it would be after the game on Sunday or the next day. Failing that, we will have him here for next season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

At an alleged 10 million a year wages he shouldn't  " still be learning " he should bloody well know the game inside out for that.

Ridiculous comment, if you’re not still learning you quickly become out of touch and get left behind.

Things change all the time, and every person in every job in the world regardless of pay should still be learning

Pep, Klopp and an other top manager in the world is still learning and still watching others’ losing games and learning from mistakes. To say anyone shouldn’t still be learning is very narrow minded.

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The results are coming when we're playing teams with nothing to play for lol , these games tell us nothing tbh 

Apart from fa cup and all 

let’s face it Rodgers is decent 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Apparently giving a manager a wage rise when we'd been in the top 4 all season and he was attracting attention from other clubs was naive? The club should have anticipated an injury crisis 2 years later and sacked him then. 

The amount of ridiculous bull sh1t in this thread is off the scale. 

• Like 3

i still don’t think my mind has changed but i can also see why some people want to stick with him. He gives you glimpses of hope of what we could be but then it seems to fade away very quickly. 

The next manager has a higher chance of failure than success i admit that… but so does another season with rodgers 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Apparently giving a manager a wage rise when we'd been in the top 4 all season and he was attracting attention from other clubs was naive? The club should have anticipated an injury crisis 2 years later and sacked him then. 

If you’re calling out BS mate, at least give a factual narrative.

As Ric said above it was a third into the season, I’ve gone and looked back it was December 6th 2019 so hardly top 4 all season.

I’m not even loudly banging the Rodgers out drum anymore as it’s clearly not happening yet but if next season ends the same as this season with repeated mistakes - does Rodgers still have such loyal supporters on here?

50 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

If you’re calling out BS mate, at least give a factual narrative.

As Ric said above it was a third into the season, I’ve gone and looked back it was December 6th 2019 so hardly top 4 all season.

I’m not even loudly banging the Rodgers out drum anymore as it’s clearly not happening yet but if next season ends the same as this season with repeated mistakes - does Rodgers still have such loyal supporters on here?

So you'd rather he'd have left for arsenal, not finished 5th twice and not won the cup? You make it sound like he ripped the club off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So you'd rather he'd have left for arsenal, not finished 5th twice and not won the cup? You make it sound like he ripped the club off. 

Hahaha.

Come on now, I’m not discrediting what he achieved in those seasons.

I’m questioning the repeated mistakes he has made this season.

In 30 years of Premier League football we have set an unwanted record of goals conceded from set-pieces.

Our turgid football (is it any worse than Puel ball) and much more.

Feels like any time a Rodgers apologist replies on this thread it’s not directly to what other people say.

I’ll copy and paste my question to you -

but if next season ends the same as this season with repeated mistakes - does Rodgers still have such loyal supporters on here?

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Well said Webbo 

I was worried that I was living in a different world dimention reading some of the nonsense on this thread,

I’d love a psychologist to assess/formulate then rationalise an understanding on why this thread is so bizarre

Some really decent posters, people who contribute excellent rational thoughts in other threads seem totally demented and obsessed by the new cult of “Rodgers out” 

Top loves Brendan and so do I 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Hahaha.

Come on now, I’m not discrediting what he achieved in those seasons.

I’m questioning the repeated mistakes he has made this season.

In 30 years of Premier League football we have set an unwanted record of goals conceded from set-pieces, our turgid football and much more.

Feels like any time a Rodgers apologist replies on this thread it’s not directly to what other people say.

I’ll copy and paste my question to you -

but if next season ends the same as this season with repeated mistakes - does Rodgers still have such loyal supporters on here?

I didn't know we'd set a record for turgid football.   

I think our football seems turgid when other teams are playing turgid fooball. We end up playing against turgidity by turdifying our football by passing side to side looking for gaps just outside the final turd.

If records are set towards turgid football, surely Wolves or Newcastle would be setting the records. Both teams bored us into submission..   Granted our submission seemed turded.