Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m surprised he was allowed to attend. 

Seriously there are people very, very pissed off about how the team gets leak out. That includes our very own no 9. 

The individual puts increasing his individual kudos ahead of the integrity of the team/club. It’s hard to describe that as the behaviour of a fan.

However, fair play to these people who are making some sort of career out of the shenanigans of football. It is also hard to comprehend how much of an impact the leanings have, on the opposition.

This could have been the site above or the Enderby one, but I remember seeing the Leicester team vs Norwich 2020, leaked almost 3 days before kick off I believe. Omitting Vardy. Obviously they won.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's not the debating that ever bothers me - it's the over-emotional, spoilt-childish anger that does me no good at all. I don't mean to offend anyone by describing it this way, it's just the way I see it.

Ahh I'm with you, yeah agreed. Fair play for pointing that out, I know some people can't control it, but it's really not worth letting football upset you if you can help it.

I'd have done the same in your position :)

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ahh I'm with you, yeah agreed. Fair play for pointing that out, I know some people can't control it, but it's really not worth letting football upset you if you can help it.

You might have seen a conversation (I think within this thread) yesterday between a few of us that disagree, and it was the most respectful, considered discourse. It shows what is possible when enough folk are invested in courtesy and reason, and I know that a lot of people that use FT are both highly capable and desirous of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

The guy who leaks the team every week has had a telling off from Rodgers! 

Imagine your existence revolving around a bit of clout on Twitter. 

Hope Brendan was more aggressive than passive.

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

You might have seen a conversation (I think within this thread) yesterday between a few of us that disagree, and it was the most respectful, considered discourse. It shows what is possible when enough folk are invested in courtesy and reason, and I know that a lot of people that use FT are both highly capable and desirous of it.

This and more of it. There are times when fans of the club will disagree. Too often when Brendan is criticised you get passive aggressive comments including “delusion” or “perspective” without any meaningful input into the debate. Being disappointed with the manager and/or calling for changed is not an immediate attack on the club or those who hold the manager in high regard. There’s plenty to debate this season, argue the points, respectfully. I mean there’s one poster on here who posts two or three sentences a week apparently in support of Brendan but with absolutely no meaningful input into the debate. 

In turn, I don’t agree with criticism of Brendan turning to digs and personal insults. It’s not on, ever. The fact is, there is plenty of things that we as fans have to debate this season, absolutely nothing wrong in doing that, with the usual social barriers most of us probably adhere to in real life. It’s disappointing when we don’t. 

I want Brendan out. I don’t agree with the counter arguments as to why we’ve failed miserably with basic parts of the games and I also don’t believe he is the man for us for the next two years. However, I’m also desperate for him to prove me wrong. Of course I am. I can appreciate there are others who don’t agree with that. I’m sure I’ve towed the line (as set out above) because this is an emotional game. However in the grand scheme, good debate is part of being a fan - which is why football forums play an important part in the life of a supporter.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This and more of it. There are times when fans of the club will disagree. Too often when Brendan is criticised you get passive aggressive comments including “delusion” or “perspective” without any meaningful input into the debate. Being disappointed with the manager and/or calling for changed is not an immediate attack on the club or those who hold the manager in high regard. There’s plenty to debate this season, argue the points, respectfully. I mean there’s one poster on here who posts two or three sentences a week apparently in support of Brendan but with absolutely no meaningful input into the debate. 

In turn, I don’t agree with criticism of Brendan turning to digs and personal insults. It’s not on, ever. The fact is, there is plenty of things that we as fans have to debate this season, absolutely nothing wrong in doing that, with the usual social barriers most of us probably adhere to in real life. It’s disappointing when we don’t. 

I want Brendan out. I don’t agree with the counter arguments as to why we’ve failed miserably with basic parts of the games and I also don’t believe he is the man for us for the next two years. However, I’m also desperate for him to prove me wrong. Of course I am. I can appreciate there are others who don’t agree with that. I’m sure I’ve towed the line (as set out above) because this is an emotional game. However in the grand scheme, good debate is part of being a fan - which is why football forums play an important part in the life of a supporter.

Perhaps selfishly, I cannot help but feel I could not help felt this was a dig at me, and if so, I apologise if you feel I add nothing to the debate. I genuinely feel saddened by the vitriol because things ‘aren’t going our way’ and fail to see past the repeated negative posts, so sometimes wish to try and add positivity. 

And yes I have used ‘perspective’ (Although context would be a better word)  but hopefully not ‘delusion’!  

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps selfishly, I cannot help but feel I could not help felt this was a dig at me, and if so, I apologise if you feel I add nothing to the debate. I genuinely feel saddened by the vitriol because things ‘aren’t going our way’ and fail to see past the repeated negative posts, so sometimes wish to try and add positivity. 

And yes I have used ‘perspective’ (Although context would be a better word)  but hopefully not ‘delusion’!  

Certainly wasn’t a dig at you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He does have quite odd player judgement for me. I've always thought it, even when we were doing better. It's a bit rash at times. We've become very inefficient with our money since he arrived. I don't think a club of our stature can afford to do what we've done with Praet, replace him with Soumare and essentially get nothing out of either.

He isn't going anywhere so there's no point in expecting it but I think this summer would've been the right time to go separate ways. An amicable exit. I think we'll just get a continuation of this season next year for the most part. Could be wrong but I've seen nothing in our performances to suggest it'll change. We've picked up better results than the performances deserve virtually all season, which cancels out the injury bad luck for me.

For me this financial inefficient will put a ceiling on what we can achieve.   There seems to be no one managing this in effectiveness.  Yet I think it is caused by Rodgers'  apparently careless attitude - I have no idea why he doesn't trey to do better.

You are right n that for a club like us this is key.   

Franky any buy is a risk - fixing the players you have (you know their strengths/weaknesses and learning style) will always be better... and when they cannpot be fixed or an upgrade is need you are will have to take a risk on a new hire.

I would add that in the ELP - then first touch and ability to move the ball quickly is key - I see us buying players who do bot have these skills - they can be taught but it takes time.  Similarly upper body strength is important.

The preat/soumare story is typical - Rodgers has now discarded Hamsa, Soyuncu and mendy - he will also discard Bertrand and vesty - the bekovic thing was weird.

But Once again - rather that admit  that he is poor in this area - and bringing in some one to manage the squad talent and individual programmes for players - he just discards them and blunderers on.   (NB: there is no evidence that he fixes player form what we have seen)

No company would allow assets to be bought and wasted like this - except  LCFC

2 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

The guy who leaks the team every week has had a telling off from Rodgers! 

He deserves that. He’s so far up his own a*se it’s unreal. And making out as if he’s the victim too Jesus Christ. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

can I just say that while we are on different sides of the debate on the future value of bendan - I always think your posts and examples are thought provoking and make me see the situation is far from simplistic.  IN fact your points have caused me to realise that bredan's flaws are far more subtle and obscured that a shouty debate requires. IT's never going to be black and white - such decisions are often made "on balance": what is the future value against other options? when is the right time to twist or stick? etc

At the end of the day we all want the best for our club and we have different perspectives and insights.  I enjoy your contributions.... even when I don't want to hear them (my cognitive dissonance)!

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He deserves that. He’s so far up his own a*se it’s unreal. And making out as if he’s the victim too Jesus Christ. 

I love the way he tries to play the victim by calling BR 'passive aggressive', which sounds good but is probably hot air in this instance. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

One further thought on this... I think people CAN control it, but instead choose not to, or enjoy the outlet too much. 

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

can I just say that while we are on different sides of the debate on the future value of bendan - I always think your posts and examples are thought provoking and make me see the situation is far from simplistic.  IN fact your points have caused me to realise that bredan's flaws are far more subtle and obscured that a shouty debate requires. IT's never going to be black and white - such decisions are often made "on balance": what is the future value against other options? when is the right time to twist or stick? etc

At the end of the day we all want the best for our club and we have different perspectives and insights.  I enjoy your contributions.... even when I don't want to hear them (my cognitive dissonance)!

Thank you, I often think I may go too far the other way and am perhaps a little ‘under outraged’, and totally agree that it is important to hear all sides in these debates I agree. 

29 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

@Dahnsouff I echo this post.

It did get me thinking, whilst not as extreme and I don’t tend to even compare to politics.

Similar to how people view(ed) Brexit, the Rodgers in/out is quite similar in terms of stubbornness/extreme views, when all is said and done.

That’s not me being critical as works both ways but did me think about the clear divide on here.

• Like 1

Discourse is often exciting, the trouble is there is many ways to perceive any given situation, read the same information, interpret the same visual spectacle, and emotion plays heavily into individuals conclusions.

As @foxinsocks says, we are all fans, we all want what’s best for the club   :scarf:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Excellent post.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Yes I’d still be in without a set piece coach it’s just something I’d like. 

He’s openly said they want players that will help towards it anyway. 

The point id be out is if we aren’t top half midway through next season, he’s got at least enough credit in the bank for that in my eyes. 

Realistically I’d expect us to be trying to get into Europe again which is top 7. That for me is not a minimum though, if we miss out by competing and coming close (like we have this season) then he’s at least par for the course in his job expectations. 

How much he’s paid doesn’t affect my opinion on that. 

Your post made complete sense till your last paragraph on Pay, he is literally paid a kings ransom, too meet the expectations the owners have laid out, fail and you face the consequences, I suspect they will want a European place Finish, next season.

11 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This message board is very light on Rodgers in/out poll when we are winning matches and playing well. 

Funny that. 

You have to remember that every single defeat we have is entirely Rodgers's fault according to some. That is just as untrue as thinking every good victory is down to his inspired leadership.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This message board is very light on Rodgers in/out poll when we are winning matches and playing well. 

Funny that. 

There’s nothing left to play for and its clear as day he isn’t going anywhere.

He’s got to hit the ground running next season because he’s used every excuse in the book. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1