Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

It wasn't. Did you hear Maddison say we should not gauge this season against our recent over achievements? Or is complaining about such language reserved for the manager? :doh:

Did you hear Castagne and Schmeichel say our season has been a disappointment/failure? Are they wrong? I'd much rather standards be higher than trying to scrabble about for excuses because the expectation might leave very little margin for error. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rarely do people reach the top of their professions with a degree of narcissism, it is perhaps a shame but calling a thing by its nature need not reduce its value

I know it was a bit one sided but even the great docu-series on Netflix about Michael Jordan showed how he had a win at all costs mentality that def alienated peers at the time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Conference League semi final

If we made it to the Champions League semi we'd call it that, but because people want to pretend it was a bigger achievement than it actually was they call it 'European semi final' 

I went to all but 1 Conference League game but let's not pretend it was some top tier achievement. 

It must be pretty depressing to see things the way you do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Did you hear Castagne and Schmeichel say our season has been a disappointment/failure? Are they wrong? I'd much rather standards be higher than trying to scrabble about for excuses because the expectation might leave very little margin for error. 

It’s not binary though is it? My comment was half in jest anyway, as people were demanding Rodgers be sacked for saying the exact same thing! I would be disappointed if they are not all disappointed to a man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Not at all.

Its not about their opinion, any view point is valued. 

It about some of the vitriol, fury, venom or trolling  I like to avoid.

Bit like you would avoid the odd person in a pub

Then use your wit and sarcasm to put them in their place. Think of it as a challenge of intelligence vs  stupidity and enjoy the ride. Running away from problematic individuals is not the answer.:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Have to say even as someone who is defensive of Rodgers to his harshest critics, Matt Piper's assessment of our season pissed me off tonight on Radio Leicester.

He said our injuries this season are unprecedented. We've had this problem since Rodgers came here. I get Fofana's couldn't be helped nor an ageing Vardy but we need to stop papering over cracks like this. 

Rodgers has spun this a lot in the last few weeks. Too much for me. Going on about our 4th highest finish in 40 odd years and all this? It just sounds like an interview for his next job all the time. A few weeks ago we were 14th and out of a competition we were only in because of a disastrous Europa League campaign. To just turn round and say "8th and a European semi" is just pure spin. I want my manager to come out and hold his hands up more. 

I think all that matters is what Top expects, if 8th is satisfactory then nothing will change, but if Top expects Europe then this season is a failure and Rodgers will have to make sure it doesn't happen again

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Biggest issue we have with Brendan is he thinks he is better than us, which means when it’s not going well his heart is not in it!

If that's the case then he's done a pretty good job of disguising it both by joining us in the first place and then signing a new contract

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Have to say even as someone who is defensive of Rodgers to his harshest critics, Matt Piper's assessment of our season pissed me off tonight on Radio Leicester.

He said our injuries this season are unprecedented. We've had this problem since Rodgers came here. I get Fofana's couldn't be helped nor an ageing Vardy but we need to stop papering over cracks like this. 

Rodgers has spun this a lot in the last few weeks. Too much for me. Going on about our 4th highest finish in 40 odd years and all this? It just sounds like an interview for his next job all the time. A few weeks ago we were 14th and out of a competition we were only in because of a disastrous Europa League campaign. To just turn round and say "8th and a European semi" is just pure spin. I want my manager to come out and hold his hands up more. 

I'd call 'spin' when you try and exaggerate a set of facts. These are actual facts. We came 8th and got to a European semi

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I'd call 'spin' when you try and exaggerate a set of facts. These are actual facts. We came 8th and got to a European semi

I think @gamble92 is saying Brendan is polishing his version of events so that brand-brendan (the man who never knowing underachieves) is in the mind of other clubs....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Can anyone think of a manager who claims to be poor at his job? Would anyone want to employ a manager that did? 

If a manager isn't confident in himself, how can he inspire confidence in others. 

This ego thing is just another ridiculous excuse to have a go. 

There's many successful managers that dare publicly admit to mistakes or question themselves without fear it might tarnish them, sadly there's some that couldn't even comprehend that and that's where Brendan is. Got more chance of him defending a set piece for us up against Rudiger than do that.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

Can anyone think of a manager who claims to be poor at his job? Would anyone want to employ a manager that did? 

If a manager isn't confident in himself, how can he inspire confidence in others. 

This ego thing is just another ridiculous excuse to have a go. 

It's odd because there are plenty of other things you could reasonably criticise him for without having to invent new ones - the extremely variable quality of the football, the set-pieces, not getting out the Europa League group stages, and so on. The same thing happens with players, where if you don't like a player the first thing to do is criticise their work rate, say they've got a bad attitude and they think they're better than they are i.e. baseless guesswork.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's many successful managers that dare publicly admit to mistakes or question themselves without fear it might tarnish them, sadly there's some that couldn't even comprehend that and that's where Brendan is. Got more chance of him defending a set piece for us up against Rudiger than do that.

Can you name one of these successful managers who take the blame on a regular basis? 

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think @gamble92 is saying Brendan is polishing his version of events so that brand-brendan (the man who never knowing underachieves) is in the mind of other clubs....

Exactly this. I am a big fan of Rodgers and I think he is a top manager. I know there is a lot that don't on here and I'm not one of them.

Matt Piper reckons he only stated facts but I'd say he only used spin like a politician does to make himself look better. I'd fully accept him saying we've had 2 great seasons where we achieved so much and this one fell short. But its been a shocking season and to gloss it up now is just wrong. It really does show in these moments that he is more bothered about his next move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Exactly. 

No ones asking for it regularly. But there's been lessons that needed to be learnt and they haven't been time and time again. We should quite easily have had 2 top 4 finishes. Both times failed in catastrophic fashion. 3 seasons in a row have had horrendous injuries. Something is wrong there too and not being addressed. There is a clear lack of a plan B when we can't break teams down time and time again. So many games we are too passive and let the game pass us by. 

The list goes on and its almost as if we are mocked by pundits for bringing these issues up because Brendan is better than we deserve. Yes, he's done well and I'm grateful for the good but I'm sick of the brand Brendan coming before getting it right for Leicester.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

No ones asking for it regularly. But there's been lessons that needed to be learnt and they haven't been time and time again. We should quite easily have had 2 top 4 finishes. Both times failed in catastrophic fashion. 3 seasons in a row have had horrendous injuries. Something is wrong there too and not being addressed. There is a clear lack of a plan B when we can't break teams down time and time again. So many games we are too passive and let the game pass us by. 

The list goes on and its almost as if we are mocked by pundits for bringing these issues up because Brendan is better than we deserve. Yes, he's done well and I'm grateful for the good but I'm sick of the brand Brendan coming before getting it right for Leicester.

It's interesting that you blame Rodgers for us missing out on the top 4 but give him no credit for getting so close. 

As for what the media are supposed to think of us, that's your perception, not mine. Even if they did think that so what? 

• Like 2