Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Can anyone think of a manager who claims to be poor at his job? Would anyone want to employ a manager that did? 

If a manager isn't confident in himself, how can he inspire confidence in others. 

This ego thing is just another ridiculous excuse to have a go. 

Im glad the club dont have this ethos otherwise we would still be spending massive amounts on a mid table championship team lol

Listening to Rodgers after the game on rl Sunday he sounded like he was getting his excuses in before next season had even started. Went on about West Ham and Newcastle having more finances available and that it’s getting more difficult every season to get into the top 6. In parts I agree with him but after a strong end to the season I was hoping for more positivity from him for next season. Imo he sounded far too negative. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking at those articles, Conte only takes the blame for the Burnley game. If Brendan had said what Conte did after the Southampton game, he'd have been accused of throwing the players under a bus. 

Pep was said to have admitted privately to mistakes, that's hardly the same. 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Im glad the club dont have this ethos otherwise we would still be spending massive amounts on a mid table championship team lol

No, I'm sorry I don't get your point. 

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's interesting that you blame Rodgers for us missing out on the top 4 but give him no credit for getting so close. 

As for what the media are supposed to think of us, that's your perception, not mine. Even if they did think that so what? 

Can't i do both?

Go back to the start of his reign and many of us said we should be going for top 4. Brendan knew this team was capable. When we got in the position we did we absolutely ****ed up and Brendan had to take blame for that. Likewise the 2nd season. So yeah, well done for getting us in that position but also it was poor to miss out on both occasions. Not everything is black and white and everything needs balance. I just don't want this bullshit PR exercise all the time. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

No ones asking for it regularly. But there's been lessons that needed to be learnt and they haven't been time and time again. We should quite easily have had 2 top 4 finishes. Both times failed in catastrophic fashion. 3 seasons in a row have had horrendous injuries. Something is wrong there too and not being addressed. There is a clear lack of a plan B when we can't break teams down time and time again. So many games we are too passive and let the game pass us by. 

The list goes on and its almost as if we are mocked by pundits for bringing these issues up because Brendan is better than we deserve. Yes, he's done well and I'm grateful for the good but I'm sick of the brand Brendan coming before getting it right for Leicester.

He's only been with you for two and a half seasons. Is he getting the blame for Puels injury record too? 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Listening to Rodgers after the game on rl Sunday he sounded like he was getting his excuses in before next season had even started. Went on about West Ham and Newcastle having more finances available and that it’s getting more difficult every season to get into the top 6. In parts I agree with him but after a strong end to the season I was hoping for more positivity from him for next season. Imo he sounded far too negative. 

That’s the exact impression i got. 

I would have thought he’d have added something like ‘we’ll push on next season and try to improve/ close the gap’ or at least address the need for improvement next season for the fans sake. 

Where has this Fearless/ need for mixing with the elite gone? That’s all i remember from his interviews in 2019/20 etc. 

I’ve only seen his interview on motd, and read the RL tweets. I don’t know- he didn’t look overly thrilled about the prospect of next season in my opinion 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Then use your wit and sarcasm to put them in their place. Think of it as a challenge of intelligence vs  stupidity and enjoy the ride. Running away from problematic individuals is not the answer.:thumbup:

Mark Twain: Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Can't i do both?

Go back to the start of his reign and many of us said we should be going for top 4. Brendan knew this team was capable. When we got in the position we did we absolutely ****ed up and Brendan had to take blame for that. Likewise the 2nd season. So yeah, well done for getting us in that position but also it was poor to miss out on both occasions. Not everything is black and white and everything needs balance. I just don't want this bullshit PR exercise all the time. 

I'm prepared to believe it, but I don't recall anyone saying this - which might mean I just missed it of course.

I don't ask you to trawl through the years to find such quotes... but if you are so inclined... :) 

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Exactly this. I am a big fan of Rodgers and I think he is a top manager. I know there is a lot that don't on here and I'm not one of them.

Matt Piper reckons he only stated facts but I'd say he only used spin like a politician does to make himself look better. I'd fully accept him saying we've had 2 great seasons where we achieved so much and this one fell short. But its been a shocking season and to gloss it up now is just wrong. It really does show in these moments that he is more bothered about his next move.

I reckon some fans with  their Rodgers critic finding agendas...have the more problems  basing opinions and illusions, than Rodgers..

What a life..just grinding

& nagging on & on...trying to win some imaginary point scoring table...

Heroes trying to find a cause....:teehee:

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

I think its better to just not analyse every word that comes out of the managers mouth for some hidden meaning or interpretation that its some PR spin or excuse or alterior motive etc etc etc

If results go the right way on the field, no one cares. Results have been slightly below average as to where theyve been over the last 2 seasons, so questions get asked. More significant questions than this get asked, but responses in interviews get discussed all the same.

You think back to the Pearson days, we were constantly successful. This gave him the leverage to deliver a number of absolutely shit interviews throughout his tenure no one cared about. From having a mardy that he played Mark Davies up front in an FA cup tie vs Palace when we had no shots on goal and he clearly didnt play Mark Davies up front, to saying "I wanted to put Futacs on" in response to a question about why he did it and gave absolutely no context whatsoever in a limp defeat to Burton, then the weird "we are a better club in every way" to Burnley which was bizarrely unprofessional.

It was only when things looked bad and we might go down people picked up on stuff like FOAD, calling a reporter a p***k for his "waxing and waning" comment, the bizarre "i can handle myself" thing vs Mcarthur. If results had been bad that Ostrich thing would have been the single most embarrasing defining moment of his career.

But they werent.......because results on the pitch meant all that was irrelevant.

Theres plenty to analyse and improve on and we NEED to next season, but the press conferences and interviews thing, im not too bothered.

Great post 

👍

17 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yay... what a finish.... beating Watford Norwich and Southampton in style.  All our problems are behind us now.  Let's all look forward to another helping from the master chef.

Rodgers can only set up to beat the opposition on the day.

If we'd have lost you'd have been tearing into him.

Also I take it you're not praising any of the players then? Well done on scoring Maddison and Vardy but it's "only" Watford/Norwich/Southampton. 

16 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not at all.

Its not about their opinion, any view point is valued. 

It about some of the vitriol, fury, venom or trolling  I like to avoid.

Bit like you would avoid the odd person in a pub

Stop picking on @Raj

• Haha 2