Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

In the 1990s I was a founder member of an organisation called Ambitious Leicester Fans. We were sick of the club languishing in the second tier with relegation seemingly inevitable. We were sick of any young player showing any kind of promise being sold. It seemed to us there were plenty of clubs of similar size - Palace, Southampton who were doing better than us. As we handed out leaflets there were plenty of people telling us we were unrealistic troublemakers…some ripped up our leaflets in front of us…

what followed was Brian Little, Mark McGhee and MON and a club punching above its weight. No one achieved anything of significance by being realistic…

Well that’s a load of rubbish. Because that’s exactly what our owners have always been. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

So, what you’re saying is that all our recent success was down to your leaflet?

Bloody well done, chap. Bravo.  

Guess what stopped us languishing in the championship… £100’s of millions of pounds. Dunno why they spent all that cash when all they needed to do was think big. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Guess what stopped us languishing in the championship… £100’s of millions of pounds. Dunno why they spent all that cash when all they needed to do was think big. 

It’s the mindset that gets me through every meal my wife cooks.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He kicked a water bottle on the sideline in anger when we were 3-0 up, stood there with a face on which he seldom ever does and then after the game boasted how unimpressed he was with us first half as we'd made sloppy passes when we ought to be in total command and told his players so at half time. Then said we'd done brilliantly 2nd half which was just perturbing as we looked so uninterested in attacking with desire and aggression like we had before he bollocked them.

Seemed to knock the stuffing out of them as we were then quite turgid for a number of games after that.

It seems too daft to even be true but sounds like it is. All I remember of that game was we totally took them apart first half, no problems at all. It's the kind of thing you'd expect Guardiola to say in an amazon documentary "we were 3-0 up but I was still livid".

He baffles me at times does Rodgers.

Brendan was screaming at KDH to 'take care' in the 1-1 vs. Chelsea. Was in their half, second half. Maybe under some pressure, but the message sounded like more a reminder of protocol than reaction to a particular scenario. Take care, take care, take care. For fvck sake what have I told you, take care. That kind of thing.

I think a lot of fans can see that 'take care' and 'keep the ball' is the mentality of the team. It's what has been drilled in. 

People will point to our good goalscoring record, but that can be read two ways. It can disprove the point I'm making, or be regarded a missed opportunity. I.e. how many could we score if our talented forward players were given license to attack? Our deeper players to drive forward and find a pass?

Pep is quoted as saying that he'll get his teams into the box, and then it's down to his players to finish the job. I'd argue that a better manager would get this talented squad in the box more often. I'm sure we could find someone that doesn't bring on a centre half every time we find ourselves a goal up with half an hour to play as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Brendan was screaming at KDH to 'take care' in the 1-1 vs. Chelsea. Was in their half, second half. Maybe under some pressure, but the message sounded like more a reminder of protocol than reaction to a particular scenario. Take care, take care, take care. For fvck sake what have I told you, take care. That kind of thing.

I think a lot of fans can see that 'take care' and 'keep the ball' is the mentality of the team. It's what has been drilled in. 

People will point to our good goalscoring record, but that can be read two ways. It can disprove the point I'm making, or be regarded a missed opportunity. I.e. how many could we score if our talented forward players were given license to attack? Our deeper players to drive forward and find a pass?

Pep is quoted as saying that he'll get his teams into the box, and then it's down to his players to finish the job. I'd argue that a better manager would get this talented squad in the box more often. I'm sure we could find someone that doesn't bring on a centre half every time we find ourselves a goal up with half an hour to play as well.

Rodgers is 100% holding us back now. I honestly do believe that. 

Some say it’s not as clear cut as Rodgers In/Out but I believe it is

You either believe the players that got us 5th twice and won the FA Cup PLUS Rodgers’ signings last summer are now not good enough for the club. 

But want Rodgers to have the summer (which he’s clearly getting) and trust him to make signings to improve us (even though last summers haven’t improved us)

Or

The players are good enough and it’s actually the manager hampering us

I know which side of the fence I’m on

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You either believe the players that got us 5th twice and won the FA Cup PLUS Rodgers’ signings last summer are now not good enough for the club. 

But want Rodgers to have the summer (which he’s clearly getting) and trust him to make signings to improve us (even though last summers haven’t improved us)

Or

Very black or white simplistic point of view. 

Edited by coolhandfox

19 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Bur I’ll turn in him very quickly when it goes tits up again 

What does this mean practically? 1 loss? Not winning the first game? Not scoring enough goals after X amount of games? 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What does this mean practically? 1 loss? Not winning the first game? Not scoring enough goals after X amount of games? 

I think it’s the ‘boring’ football I have the most issue with. Show some desire to win games and attack.

I honestly can’t bare the thought of watching 36 passes to get it into the opponents box 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Or

If we'd not had a billion injuries and Europe I'd agree 100%, problem is the injuries always leaves that question mark. I think he does bring a lot of good, but also a lot of shit... it's which outweighs the other. And quite honestly it's hard to argue it's the latter with what we've done since he was here. I'm just bored of the football and fed up of certain elements. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

After talking about needing a rebuild and a certain profile of player he'll be on very thin ice if it comes to August and there is little to no improvement on the squad. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we'd not had a billion injuries and Europe I'd agree 100%, problem is the injuries always leaves that question mark. I think he does bring a lot of good, but also a lot of shit... it's which outweighs the other. And quite honestly it's hard to argue it's the latter with what we've done since he was here. I'm just bored of the football and fed up of certain elements. 

I’m bored too

Surely if you cant argue it’s the latter, you can’t argue with the players also not being good enough?

Surely the law of averages means it’s likely that it’s one man who’s ‘lost it’ rather than 22 men who’ve ‘lost it’ all at the same time?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m bored too

Surely if you cant argue it’s the latter, you can’t argue with the players also not being good enough?

Surely the law of averages means it’s likely that it’s one man who’s ‘lost it’ rather than 22 men who’ve ‘lost it’ all at the same time?

Nobody has to have lost it tho. I think most people at the club under performed last year but that doesn’t mean they’re all cropped. I don’t think I can be denied that the players made some really stupid mistakes and under performed a lot during the season, and I think most people would say that Rodgers made lots of mistakes too. Hopefully everyone learns from this season and we recruit well, avoid injuries, play more attacking football, cut out so many mistakes and improve the mentality of the team. All teams go through cycles, I think we’re coming to the end of one now and hopefully the new one will be just as successful as the last few years. 

Just now, Dusty said:

Nobody has to have lost it tho. I think most people at the club under performed last year but that doesn’t mean they’re all cropped. I don’t think I can be denied that the players made some really stupid mistakes and under performed a lot during the season, and I think most people would say that Rodgers made lots of mistakes too. Hopefully everyone learns from this season and we recruit well, avoid injuries, play more attacking football, cut out so many mistakes and improve the mentality of the team. All teams go through cycles, I think we’re coming to the end of one now and hopefully the new one will be just as successful as the last few years. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with that at all.

Which then leads to the question of whether it’s cheaper to replace one manager, or 10 players? And which comes with the least risk? 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with that at all.

Which then leads to the question of whether it’s cheaper to replace one manager, or 10 players? And which comes with the least risk? 

But again I don’t think anyone has to be replaced now. We’ll have transfers as we do every year and some players will come and go. But there’s changes to the medical and recruitment teams already this year, that might be the only change we need. If everyone collectively doesn’t learn from this season, then I think we will need quite significant changes, Rodgers and certain players should be moved on. 

22 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m bored too

But we have barely had a fully fit squad, we've had key players missing constantly. Not only that, we've had a team full of players previously injured and trying to find form again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

For me it will be the first time I see him play that boring tippy tappy back passing negative style of football we have come to expect under him , plus the buck passing post match  toe curling interviews . Then I will know straight away despite how many games played. Leopard and spots spring to mind.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But we have barely had a fully fit squad, we've had key players missing constantly. Not only that, we've had a team full of players previously injured and trying to find form again. 

Agreed they were all set backs. But as the season progressed and we had most players back he still played turgid tactics that inevitably handed the the opposition  a gift horse as to how to beat us. There was no excuse in my opinion for our failure in the semi final Europe game other than rank bad management. It was there for all see. 

• Like 3