Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But we have barely had a fully fit squad, we've had key players missing constantly. Not only that, we've had a team full of players previously injured and trying to find form again. 

My argument with that has always been that managers take the credit when they keep a squad injury free. Nige did, Ranieri did. They should take the blame when they don’t. 

Furthermore Rodgers has a bit of history with recurring injuries. 

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

My argument with that has always been that managers take the credit when they keep a squad injury free. Nige did, Ranieri did. They should take the blame when they don’t. 

Furthermore Rodgers has a bit of history with recurring injuries. 

As I've said before, I'm more than happy to have that discussion. He absolutely needs to shoulder the blame, or at least the club need to independently look at it, because something isn't right. 

• Like 2

As this is a forum full of statisticians surely someone can do a graph of a team that goes gung-ho every game and a team that might “take care” a little.

Im not big into the numbers so I can only look at the premier Lge table and see Leicester taking care finishing 5,5,8 v’s I don’t know Leeds who finished 9, 17 

No doubt 1 of you good folk can do a graph but I’m sure there’s a time and place to go gung-ho I’m sure even Pep was saying take care with 2minutes left on the clock in a CL semi final

The crazy thing is everyone quoting that WBA game and look at the 1st half and what Rodgers said & not a mention of what was said in the WBA dressing room do you honestly think they didn’t discuss, change tactics and get pumped up? If we’d gone out like the 1st we could have played right into their hands and I can only imagine the up roar in here if it went 3:3 or even 4 

If Lewis Hamilton was 20seconds clear with 8 laps to go do you think he pushes to make it 23, 24, or 25 seconds clear or do you think he “takes care” and wins the race?

• Haha 1

Just now, BKLFox said:

As this is a forum full of statisticians surely someone can do a graph of a team that goes gung-ho every game and a team that might “take care” a little.

Im not big into the numbers so I can only look at the premier Lge table and see Leicester taking care finishing 5,5,8 v’s I don’t know Leeds who finished 9, 17 

No doubt 1 of you good folk can do a graph but I’m sure there’s a time and place to go gung-ho I’m sure even Pep was saying take care with 2minutes left on the clock in a CL semi final

The crazy thing is everyone quoting that WBA game and look at the 1st half and what Rodgers said & not a mention of what was said in the WBA dressing room do you honestly think they didn’t discuss, change tactics and get pumped up? If we’d gone out like the 1st we could have played right into their hands and I can only imagine the up roar in here if it went 3:3 or even 4 

If Lewis Hamilton was 20seconds clear with 8 laps to go do you think he pushes to make it 23, 24, or 25 seconds clear or do you think he “takes care” and wins the race?

It's not really about taking care the second half, and more him being pissed off with one of our better and more entertaining first half this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It's not really about taking care the second half, and more him being pissed off with one of our better and more entertaining first half this season.

Ok but at the same time we went in 3 up but if those moments he mentioned had resulted in goals against we get the he don’t know what he doing shite, we have seen so many loose passes resulting in goals and not just those “lessor players” Hamza or Amartey but Cags, Ndidi, Ricardo, Barnes and quite often Youri this season all which resulted in goals 🤷‍♂️

Im sure his worlds were great but…and I don’t see a problem with that because there is another team having a conversation about what went wrong in the 1st half for them and here’s what we do to address it. 

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

For me it will be the first time I see him play that boring tippy tappy back passing negative style of football we have come to expect under him , plus the buck passing post match  toe curling interviews . Then I will know straight away despite how many games played. Leopard and spots spring to mind.

I understand. 

What if that first game you see that, we actually win? And it's needed for that particular game, but we get the desirable outcome of 3 points? 

As for press interviews, I think too many fans get hung up on every little word he says. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I'm still yet to see/hear this tbh. I don't think his press conferences differ from any other football manager, really. 

Well blaming the players for  no sense or urgency when it was his tactics that dictated exactly that.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I understand. 

What if that first game you see that, we actually win? And it's needed for that particular game, but we get the desirable outcome of 3 points? 

As for press interviews, I think too many fans get hung up on every little word he says. 

Yes Well I remember our opening game last season against Wolves where we did exactly as you described. I didn't take  it that we were going to be that bad for the rest of the season but as it turned out there was plenty more games where that came from. Inevitably fans will remember his poor management from last season and will be looking to see if it's going to be the same from the off. I sincerely hope not.

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

8th in the league and a Conference League semi-final with a decimated squad and crap defence isn't "poor management".

But what about failing to assemble a squad which can better withstand an injury crisis ? Or  failing to improve a “crap” second string defence? 

• Haha 2

I'm genuinely excited to see the excuses made for him next season.

"We're not playing enough games, the players can't maintain performance levels while the season is too stop start".

"The squad isn't good enough to play the football that Rodgers wants, they aren't aggressive enough or good enough at moving the ball quickly"

"Waterstones stopped selling his favourite notebook"

"The other teams are too good and it's not fair"

"Rodgers didn't get £200 million to spend over the summer, he can hardly be expected to have this squad aiming for 65+ points"
"Top is coming to too many games and it's putting him off"

"Playing a back 5 is attacking, the players are just doing it wrong"

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Possibly it's partly to do with his tactics, but also think it's partly to do with some of the players not being of the quality to carry them out. It's shared responsibility. 

8th in the league and a Conference League semi-final with a decimated squad and crap defence isn't "poor management".

Yes but he never " shares " that responsibility does he? He did not have a decimated squad all season though did he? even when he had a full squad ( yes he had the full squad for the semi final ) his tactics were laughable. Moreno couldn't believe his luck.  There can be no excuses this coming season for turgid negative football he orchestrated last season. I hope I'm wrong on this.

20 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

But what about failing to assemble a squad which can better withstand an injury crisis ? Or  failing to improve a “crap” second string defence? 

You could do that if you knew which players were going to get injured and not too many of them in the same area. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

There’s huge external factors which make that difficult. Budget, time. Vestergaard was a stinking signing for example but the season was upon us, Evans was out. We’d made a couple of hefty signings in the summer with no significant outgoings. Difficult to attract a player on the proviso he’s joining cos they are two first choice players out. 

Leicester City without significant additional investment is always going to struggle with the construction of a full squad. We could hedge our bets more with signings and prospect but time is a factor then 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Does he not? I don't get hung up enough on what he says to be bothered. He pretty much did have a decimated squad all season, unless you want to be pedantic about it (like me saying he didn't have a full squad for the semi-final; Ndidi was out injured). Semi-final his tactics weren't laughable, was it not obvious that we needed to retain possession in order to stop Roma breaking on us? Have you never seen a *Mourinho side play in Europe before? Further to that, there's no shame to going out to a very good Roma side that's managed by Mourinho. We'll see what happens next season but providing we don't have the same luck with injuries, combined with the lack of European football and no fixture pile up due to COVID (although the World Cup will act in a similar way), I'd say we are set up to have a much better season. 

"Don't attack so we can't get counter attacked" lol There's a simple genius to it. Aside from the whole needing to score goals to win games.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Does he not? I don't get hung up enough on what he says to be bothered. He pretty much did have a decimated squad all season, unless you want to be pedantic about it (like me saying he didn't have a full squad for the semi-final; Ndidi was out injured). Semi-final his tactics weren't laughable, was it not obvious that we needed to retain possession in order to stop Roma breaking on us? Have you never seen a *Mourinho side play in Europe before? Further to that, there's no shame to going out to a very good Roma side that's managed by Mourinho. We'll see what happens next season but providing we don't have the same luck with injuries, combined with the lack of European football and no fixture pile up due to COVID (although the World Cup will act in a similar way), I'd say we are set up to have a much better season. 

I don't get " hung up " by what he says , though I do take exception when he tries to blame everyone but himself. The semi final tactics played right in to their hands. How many shots on target did we have? They knew if they put one past us we would never get back in it. I really don't know how anyone could excuse that performance. Turd polishing at it's finest.

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Well blaming the players for  no sense or urgency when it was his tactics that dictated exactly that.

Is it his tactic? as he states the fundamentals of his teams they have to run, press and be aggressive that doesn’t sound like no sense of urgency to me

Just now, BKLFox said:

Is it his tactic? as he states the fundamentals of his teams they have to run, press and be aggressive that doesn’t sound like no sense of urgency to me

Sadly last season, you can’t say there was effective team pressing or aggressiveness that you speak of.

I genuinely believe the quality of the football last season (not glossing over set-pieces, Forest humiliation, last minute goals) was the biggest shift in my dislike for what we were churning out last season.

How many games did we look comfortable/a joy to watch compared to Rodgers previous couple of seasons?

Sort that out and the above too please, there would be a lot less frustration on here/KP.

22 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Sadly last season, you can’t say there was effective team pressing or aggressiveness that you speak of.

I genuinely believe the quality of the football last season (not glossing over set-pieces, Forest humiliation, last minute goals) was the biggest shift in my dislike for what we were churning out last season.

How many games did we look comfortable/a joy to watch compared to Rodgers previous couple of seasons?

Sort that out and the above too please, there would be a lot less frustration on here/KP.

We have to agree there were mitigating circumstances, you even mention his previous couple of season where we were a joy to watch & I’ll state not every game b4 I’m accused of being blind but quite a few of them it was the best I have ever seen us play football.

If those that don’t agree about mitigating circumstances can you tell us why would he completely change the approach in his 3rd season without saying because a Liverpool or Celtic fan said he would

13 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

We have to agree there were mitigating circumstances, you even mention his previous couple of season where we were a joy to watch & I’ll state not every game b4 I’m accused of being blind but quite a few of them it was the best I have ever seen us play football.

If those that don’t agree about mitigating circumstances can you tell us why would he completely change the approach in his 3rd season without saying because a Liverpool or Celtic fan said he would

100% there were mitigating circumstances such as injuries - that is undeniable.

However, “being found out” springs to mind - take West Ham as an example, how they have white frankly had our pants down the past couple of seasons has given clubs a blueprint on how to comfortably beat a Rodgers Leicester side - press us, cut off Tielemans passing options and then we revert to Puelball MK2.

Clubs rightfully so give us more respect each season as a tougher team to beat but Rodgers not addressing this is down to more than just injuries.

An example, Roma are giants in comparison to us yet Timmy was on the bench when his “profile” (Rodgers words) would have been an improvement to counteract this over JJ/Ricky who neither have been their amazing attack selves since returning from injury.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Hes an FA Cup winner, took us to the semi's of a european competition and finish 8th after a terrible run of bad luck with injuries. We are not an elite club so cannpt attract the like of Pep, Conte, Klopp etc etc. I think our fans would be unhappy if we had SAF in his pomp. Be careful what you wish for.....

We aren't an elite club - but we pay Rodgers an elite salary.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

100% there were mitigating circumstances such as injuries - that is undeniable.

However, “being found out” springs to mind - take West Ham as an example, how they have white frankly had our pants down the past couple of seasons has given clubs a blueprint on how to comfortably beat a Rodgers Leicester side - press us, cut off Tielemans passing options and then we revert to Puelball MK2.

Clubs rightfully so give us more respect each season as a tougher team to beat but Rodgers not addressing this is down to more than just injuries.

An example, Roma are giants in comparison to us yet Timmy was on the bench when his “profile” (Rodgers words) would have been an improvement to counteract this over JJ/Ricky who neither have been their amazing attack selves since returning from injury.

Our recent success is partly to blame for being “found out” as you mention even Pep has been burnt when we are on it and a lot of clubs now sit a lot deeper, this then results in the Puel mk2 ball you mention because you have to work it side to side to shift the opposition and back to try and draw them out trouble is our players don’t do it quick enough he mentioned it after numerous games but it’s skimmed over as folk want to blame him and say he is deflecting from himself, reality is he’s right those players are not doing the side to side and back to front as quick as Man C players do simple as that, when it’s done correctly you can rip sides apart 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1