Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

Are you saying we aren’t big enough? One of the more successful English teams of the past decade, recent FA Cup win and top 5 finishes that should have been higher alongside the best training facility in the country. Along with a hefty salary what else am I missing?

And we aren’t exactly tinpot. He’s took a bruising at PSG and from all accounts wants to come back to the Prem. 

I’m not saying its nailed on but if Rodgers starts the season poorly and he’s still available it would be worth a conversation. There is a lot about our club to be interested in. 

Yes I am 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes I am 

And what justification do you have for that? Bearing in mind that we are one of the most successful English teams of the past decade, recent consecutive top 5 finishes, world class facilities, owners that let a manager get on, a squad stacked with young talent and the finances to pay a good wage.

This is a manager coming out of a job from a poorly run club and a team full of egos that is now being run by a 23 year old striker. We will be a lot more appealing than you think. 

And what justification do you have for that? Bearing in mind that we are one of the most successful English teams of the past decade, recent consecutive top 5 finishes, world class facilities, owners that let a manager get on, a squad stacked with young talent and the finances to pay a good wage.

This is a manager coming out of a job from a poorly run club and a team full of egos that is now being run by a 23 year old striker. We will be a lot more appealing than you think. 

Poch would only take a top six club (and possibly newcastle) in the PL. He’s shopping in Waitrose now. 

it’s irrelevant what we’ve won over the last decade.  It doesn’t make us a top six club. Even if we finish fifth for the next two seasons, perversely we still won’t be a top six club. Top six references the turn over and size of the club. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

Poch would only take a top six club (and possibly newcastle) in the PL. He’s shopping in Waitrose now. 

it’s irrelevant what we’ve won over the last decade.  It doesn’t make us a top six club. Even if we finish fifth for the next two seasons, perversely we still won’t be a top six club. 

So you’re saying 4 out of 5 seasons of consistently finishing in the top 6 wouldnt make us a top 6 club? Not having that sorry, that sort of consistency is what makes a team top 6. 

In terms of money we wont be top 6 but your first point was that its not about money which is at odds with your latest post to be honest. In terms of money we are proven to pay ‘top 6’ wages. 

I keep saying it but we are a lot more attractive than you think. Especially to a manager who actually hasn’t won very much in his career. 

Please stop. 
We are a side still relying heavily on a 35 year old striker who is getting more injuries now. The main core of the side will be going. Poch will only be joining  the so called top 6. He’d want a huge transfer budget which we wouldn’t give him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Please stop. 
We are a side still relying heavily on a 35 year old striker who is getting more injuries now. The main core of the side will be going. Poch will only be joining  the so called top 6. He’d want a huge transfer budget which we wouldn’t give him. 

Right so you’re saying its all going to crap and we shouldnt even remotely be ambitious? 

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

So you’re saying 4 out of 5 seasons of consistently finishing in the top 6 wouldnt make us a top 6 club? Not having that sorry, that sort of consistency is what makes a team top 6. 
NOT A TOP SIX SIZE TEAM 

In terms of money we wont be top 6 but your first point was that its not about money which is at odds with your latest post to be honest. In terms of money we are proven to pay ‘top 6’ wages. WE DON’T PAY TOP SIX WAGES. WE HAVE THREE PLAYERS ON 100k+ WITH VARDY EARNING 140K. THAT’S NOT A BIG SIX BUDGET. MY POINT WAS ‘ITS NOT THE MONEY’ AS IN WAGES FOR THE MANAGER. ITS THE MONEY AS IN THE SIZE OF THE CLUB

I keep saying it but we are a lot more attractive than you think. Especially to a manager who actually hasn’t won very much in his career. HE ISNT GOING TO MANAGE A CLUB IN THE PL BELOW THE BIG SIX (except possibly Newcastle ) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Now you’re getting it. Yes. 
Theres being ambitious and realistic. 
Poch is not a realistic option. 

Carlo Ancellotti has managed some of the biggest clubs in the world then went to Everton before going back to Real Madrid. 

There is never not a chance. We shouldn’t just get in our box and stay there like a good little club. Even if we fail it would be worth trying. 

Its all hypothetical anyway but point is we are not as unappealing as some people suggest. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Which is why he’ll never risk his profile by coming here ……

The only way Pochettino is ever coming here is if he fails big time in his next job. 

19 minutes ago, Dames said:

Carlo Ancellotti has managed some of the biggest clubs in the world then went to Everton before going back to Real Madrid. 

There is never not a chance. We shouldn’t just get in our box and stay there like a good little club. Even if we fail it would be worth trying. 

Its all hypothetical anyway but point is we are not as unappealing as some people suggest. 

Yes I’m afraid Everton are also a bigger club than us (but that’s not currently a finance thing). Ancelotti took that job because he knew moshiri would provide 100m+ of backing - our owners can’t do that. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Which is why he’ll never risk his profile by coming here ……

He’s just been kicked out of a club after winning the league because a 23 year old striker decided he wanted a new manager. His profile is damaged wether he likes it or not. 

He’s still a very good manager and is proven to take squads like ours up another level and as a confidence builder I reckon he’d fancy it. 

17 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’m bored of this. 
Poch would want more than 10m a year. 
Would we give it to him? No. 
He would want at least 200m to spend on transfers. Would he get it? No. 
So it will not happen. 

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I’m bored of this. 
Poch would want more than 10m a year. 
Would we give it to him? No. 
He would want at least 200m to spend on transfers. Would he get it? No. 
So it will not happen. 

And what evidence do you have for this? He stayed at a Spurs team who didnt make a single transfer all summer, when has he ever really spend big money or demanded too? He didn’t even spend huge amounts at PSG. 

If you’re bored just stop replying. We’re never going to agree. You think he is way to big for us and I think we are a more attractive proposition than you think. 

That might change after the summer or after next but as it currently stands we would be one of the top jobs in the Premier League. 

I notice Radio Leicester now beginning to wake up to the difficulties of the refresh after months of eager anticipation of dead wood sales and exciting new signings. 

1 no head of recruitment 

2 have to sell before buying 

3 other EPL clubs in Europe more attractive 

4 departures in no hurry to get out 

5 targets happy to wait and consider their options…

All the makings of a last minute operation and we know how well that’s gone in the past.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I notice Radio Leicester now beginning to wake up to the difficulties of the refresh after months of eager anticipation of dead wood sales and exciting new signings. 

1 no head of recruitment 

All the makings of a last minute operation and we know how well that’s gone in the past.  

The rebuild has been known of for months and publicly spoken about by the manager as a reason to stick with him its mind boggling that we still haven't got a head of recruitment in place despite knowing about Congertons departure well ahead of time. 

The club which was once famed for being so well run is now becoming a bit of a joke. Somethings clearly not right behind the scenes.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

1 no head of recruitment 

I noticed the change in mood too.

We surely have to get better at negotiating squad player contracts as it’s been stated numerous times about our wage v income yet appear to have a pretty large amount of squad fillers on silly money - Hamza 80k p/w, Jannik, Perez, Bertrand to name a few, all on above the PL average outside the Top 6.

12 hours ago, Dames said:

Are you saying we aren’t big enough? One of the more successful English teams of the past decade, recent FA Cup win and top 5 finishes that should have been higher alongside the best training facility in the country. Along with a hefty salary what else am I missing?

And we aren’t exactly tinpot. He’s took a bruising at PSG and from all accounts wants to come back to the Prem. 

I’m not saying its nailed on but if Rodgers starts the season poorly and he’s still available it would be worth a conversation. There is a lot about our club to be interested in. 

Yes, we don't have the history or transfer financial clout.

I can think of plenty of club with more pulling power at home and aboard.

It's no impossible but highly unlikely.

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Why would anyone think that Pochettino would come here? lol Absolute madness. 

To add to that, he's not even an upgrade on Rodgers. 

Totally agree.

Before Spurs/PSG he may have considered us but he’s destined for a “top 6” club if does come back to the PL.

I guess Newcastle would be the exception to be fair.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Why would anyone think that Pochettino would come here? lol Absolute madness. 

To add to that, he's not even an upgrade on Rodgers. 

Two contradicting statements there. You either think he's too good and wouldn't come near or If he's no upgrade then why wouldn't he come if Rodgers leaves? 

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, we don't have the history or transfer financial clout.

I can think of plenty of club with more pulling power at home and aboard.

It's no impossible but highly unlikely.

History doesn't matter much we should all know that by now otherwise the worlds best players and managers would be desperate to sign for Forest right? The transfer finances I'll give you. For some reason teams such as Leeds have more financial clout than us... 

Its been reported he wants a move back to the Premier League, I can't see any of the 'bigger' clubs changing managers any time soon. If an opportunity like ours comes up, I think he'd consider it at least to tide himself over. I mean thats what Rodgers was supposed to have been doing with us right? 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

It's not contradicting whatsoever. Pochettino and Rodgers are in the same bracket of manager for me: that one step below the likes of Pep, Klopp, Conte etc. 

However, Pochettino's reputation is higher due to the fact he's recently been PSG manager. You don't go from PSG to Leicester - let's be real here. HIs next job will be at a side in the Champions League abroad or at one of the top 6 clubs in England. 

But if they are in the same bracket in your opinion why would one touch us and the other not? Rodgers managed Liverpool and Celtic in the past directly before managing us and they two hugely successful historical clubs but yet he has still come to manage us.

Its not as if Poch has been massively successful at PSG is it? He's been booted out for not being good enough so where does that leave him? 

Its more than likely he will go to a Champions League outfit abroad as I can't see us getting rid of Rodgers but if our opportunity became available and he was available I wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in it. There is plenty to be interested in. 

• Like 1