Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, nathan. said:

Is his defense he was good for Denmark during the Euros 

He just wasn't good in our defence. Without doubt one of the worse players I have ever had the misfortune to set eyes on in a Leicester shirt. If I were the owner there would be a trial and sacking of whoever was responsible for paying 15 million plus wages for this carthorse.:dunno:

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No doubt I was on edge with Rodgers last season; you read stuff on here and get more negative towards him. Need to take a step back and see the achievements and you can’t deny they are on the upper end of the scale. FA Cup win and consistent top 10 finishes. With the last three being 5,5,8 but like southgate you have to question the football and decisions at times. I believe Rodgers to be much better than Southgate though, even with some of our European results, why; Rodgers wins trophies and gets you over the line and despite his interviews I feel does learn from his mistakes. I might be contradicting myself here, but then I look at the squad and feel he has been lucky again like Southgate. So next season just with the World Cup both will get a chance to truly believe they can take their respective teams to the next level 

"Luck".  the Main quality, & life-skill that man needs..!!!

5 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I think you’ve hit the nail there on why it was such a poor piece of business. He’s one of our worst ever signings, not because he’s our most expensive or worst player, but simply because the signing makes no sense no matter how you try and rationalise it 

....more likely he was the Evans cover, we had looked at him (Vestergaard) for some time and Evans's problem was unpredictable!!!

I would believe when Fofana came back we would then had have cover for Evans and that would have needed the 3 seasons in order for Vestergaard to consider the contract worthwhile. The fact that Vestergaard was so poor was a surprise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....more likely he was the Evans cover, we had looked at him (Vestergaard) for some time and Evans's problem was unpredictable!!!

I would believe when Fofana came back we would then had have cover for Evans and that would have needed the 3 seasons in order for Vestergaard to consider the contract worthwhile. The fact that Vestergaard was so poor was a surprise.

…. as I say. Makes no sense no matter how you try and rationalise it. 

We’d “looked at him for some time” yet nobody had noticed that he was totally unsuitable for our style of play. 

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

We’d “looked at him for some time” yet nobody had noticed that he was totally unsuitable for our style of play. 

It beggars belief. He was only suited for the odd few games where we were forced into a low block like Man City. 

We were desperate at the time - but then we had been linked previous summers …….so odd. 

12 hours ago, daverollo said:

No doubt in my mind Kasper would have given him a big endorsement that could have influenced those making the decision. Truly dreadful signing.

There's doubts in my mind. In fairness we have no evidence so it's really a baseless suspicion?

Had a dream last night I was a footballer and Rodgers was the manager.

I was on the subs bench and asked if I could come on and he was a bit of a ignorant tw@t.

Now I have a grudge against someone based on a dream. Could have atleast gave me the last 5 minutes.

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I was on the subs bench and asked if I could come on and he was a bit of a ignorant tw@t.

Now I have a grudge against someone based on a dream. Could have atleast gave me the last 5 minutes.

If you were an attacking player and your side was 1-0 down with 10 mins remaining then the dream makes total sense. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

...the next question is, is he really a poor player, or just unsuitable for the way we play!!!

He is at present playing International Football and thriving to an extent, does the blame lie with the scouts or with the manager's attempt to utilise him.

59 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Especially with the new 5 subs rule

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

About 25 years ago i had a dream that Mel C turned me down in Krystals. Never forgiven her to this day. 

• Haha 2

Finally he’ll be to rebuild us with the overpriced mediocre transfers that have gloriously punctuated his career. I’m just kidding. He hasn’t lost a game this season. You can’t argue with that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The players are back in tomorrow for preseason. I'm sure the Atmosphere is going to be shit as he's already said he wants a 3rd of the squad gone.

I guess after a few platitudes he can leave the squad to the Coaches to check fitness levels and get them up to speed.

He can probably stay out of the way for most of this week.

At some point he's going to have to sit down with them and explain himself and try and get them back onside if they are staying. 

He cant do much system Prep work as he doesn't know the make up of the squad. Not even one new player in yet. Or one out yet which is even worse.

I doubt he's looking forward to tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The players are back in tomorrow for preseason. I'm sure the Atmosphere is going to be shit as he's already said he wants a 3rd of the squad gone.

I guess after a few platitudes he can leave the squad to the Coaches to check fitness levels and get them up to speed.

He can probably stay out of the way for most of this week.

At some point he's going to have to sit down with them and explain himself and try and get them back onside if they are staying. 

He cant do much system Prep work as he doesn't know the make up of the squad. Not even one new player in yet. Or one out yet which is even worse.

I doubt he's looking forward to tomorrow morning.

No explaining needed, I agree with BR, we have a lot of deadwood that should be gone.

No one has really come in for them, the reason being is they are not good enough.

Time for them players to prove BR wrong or to just prove him correct they are not good enough.

Time to man up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

No explaining needed, I agree with BR, we have a lot of deadwood that should be gone.

No one has really come in for them, the reason being is they are not good enough.

Time for them players to prove BR wrong or to just prove him correct they are not good enough.

Time to man up.

You might be right but Rodgers lacks practical intelligence 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Time to man up.

Do you mean same players who got us 5th twice? 

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not the ‘deadwood’ eg. Vestie, Bertrand, Soumare (possibly) 

They didn’t get us to 5th twice?

I think that’s what he meant.

I maintain, I think Leicester’s first team on its day can give anyone a game. 
But if we get bad injuries to key players, I think we’ll struggle, exactly like we did last season. I think we have a very average set of replacements for the first teamers 

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yes we have plenty of players in our squad who didn't really play a major part in helping us get 5th also the deadwood like Bertrand and Vestergaard were not even around.

It's time for a number of players to move on, best for them and the club.

5 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes we have plenty of players in our squad who didn't really play a major part in helping us get 5th also the deadwood like Bertrand and Vestergaard were not even around.

It's time for a number of players to move on, best for them and the club.

So these players have suddenly all become poorer players overnight? All at once?

11 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

So these players have suddenly all become poorer players overnight? All at once?

I wouldn't say they are poor players.

But if it's not working here then sadly you got to start thinking of moving them on.

I really hope next season Perez scores plenty of goals, Soumare becomes a beast in midfield and Vestergaard becomes a rock in defense.

But sometimes players just don't settle at a club, can be for a number of reasons.

Football isn't a sport where you get plenty of chances, if you don't step up your game then sorry you are not going to get much game time and fans will start turning on you.

Probably best to move and look for a new challenge.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

14 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I wouldn't say they are poor players.

But if it's not working here then sadly you got to start thinking of moving them on.

I really hope next season Perez scores plenty of goals, Soumare becomes a beast in midfield and Vestergaard becomes a rock in defense.

But sometimes players just don't settle at a club, can be for a number of reasons.

Football isn't a sport where you get plenty of chances, if you don't step up your game then sorry you are not going to get much game time and fans will start turning on you.

Probably best to move and look for a new challenge.

I totally agree with that

The point I’m trying to make without actually saying is that Rodgers is the one responsible for the stagnation of the rest of the squad that you’ve not mentioned above. Rodgers is the one responsible for changing the mindset of the team we saw and loved two years ago. 

And two of those players you mention above are Rodgers’ own signings from last summer. Yet people still want him to ‘rebuild’ us this summer. The support he gets and the way he seems to have hoodwinked so many fans is absolutely baffling to me. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2