Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I totally agree with that

The point I’m trying to make without actually saying is that Rodgers is the one responsible for the stagnation of the rest of the squad that you’ve not mentioned above. Rodgers is the one responsible for changing the mindset of the team we saw and loved two years ago. 

And two of those players you mention above are Rodgers’ own signings from last summer. Yet people still want him to ‘rebuild’ us this summer. The support he gets and the way he seems to have hoodwinked so many fans is absolutely baffling to me. 

As I said players not performing could be down to many reasons.

Yes the manager could be one.

Agree we haven't seen the best players come in under BR's time at the club.

But doesn't seem like he is going anywhere so I guess all we can do is hope this season he can get the very best out of this squad, time will tell.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not the ‘deadwood’ eg. Vestie, Bertrand, Soumare (possibly) 

They didn’t get us to 5th twice?

I think that’s what he meant.

I maintain, I think Leicester’s first team on its day can give anyone a game. 
But if we get bad injuries to key players, I think we’ll struggle, exactly like we did last season. I think we have a very average set of replacements for the first teamers 

Yet people want to trust him with a rebuild? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Our starting 11 is a brilliant 11 if the manager uses them correctly 

Yes we need to ‘replace’ Evans and somehow Vardy. 

Yes we need to get rid of the deadwood you mention above and at least replace them with players capable of playing to the level we want/need. 

That’s where the ‘rebuild’ can stop though for me. The only person we need to replace at that point is the manager. Which will be the cheaper alternative to needlessly upheaving the core of the team who, as you say, are very very good. 

I've almost completely lost faith in Brendan's ability to turn around the stagnation at the club but I think you have to be balanced when portioning the blame. Seems to me like if you're 'Brendan in' then the blame is solely on the players and vice versa if yiu want him out, when in reality it's probably somewhere in the middle. Ultimately though he has to find a way of maximising the talent that he has at his disposal which I no longer feel he can do

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

Lucky that we have players to cover his inadequacy. 

In general its he managers that shape teams and get the best out of them.

This guy is having a ride on the back of a good 12 or 13 players.

And the fact that some excuse him by calling the doubters self entitled. 

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yet people want to trust him with a rebuild? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Our starting 11 is a brilliant 11 if the manager uses them correctly 

Yes we need to ‘replace’ Evans and somehow Vardy. 

Yes we need to get rid of the deadwood you mention above and at least replace them with players capable of playing to the level we want/need. 

That’s where the ‘rebuild’ can stop though for me. The only person we need to replace at that point is the manager. Which will be the cheaper alternative to needlessly upheaving the core of the team who, as you say, are very very good. 

Our strongest starting 11 either has Maddison out of position on the right, or Perez playing there - meaning it is either unbalanced or has a "weak spot" - I wouldn't say it is brilliant

It has been talked about a lot that one of our main targets this summer is going to be a centre back, and replacing Vardy is going to be hard to do until he leaves but the club have clearly tried to plan for it with bringing in Daka

So the "rebuild" can stop with us doing the business we are expected to try and do this summer?

We could sack Rodgers and bring in a new manager who may not like certain players we currently have or might want to play a completely different system that doesn't match up with the squad so would require even more changing to the squad than is already needed

It isn't as simple as "replace Rodgers and everything will be better", a new manager brings with them a whole load of uncertainty as well

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And the fact that some excuse him by calling the doubters self entitled. 

Bitching and moaning even before pre-season is almost the dictionary definition of entitled, no?   lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Our strongest starting 11 either has Maddison out of position on the right, or Perez playing there - meaning it is either unbalanced or has a "weak spot" - I wouldn't say it is brilliant

It has been talked about a lot that one of our main targets this summer is going to be a centre back, and replacing Vardy is going to be hard to do until he leaves but the club have clearly tried to plan for it with bringing in Daka

So the "rebuild" can stop with us doing the business we are expected to try and do this summer?

We could sack Rodgers and bring in a new manager who may not like certain players we currently have or might want to play a completely different system that doesn't match up with the squad so would require even more changing to the squad than is already needed

It isn't as simple as "replace Rodgers and everything will be better", a new manager brings with them a whole load of uncertainty as well

This is true, but nobody can look me in the eye and tell me Rodgers is currently getting the best of these players 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Bitching and moaning even before pre-season is almost the dictionary definition of entitled, no?   lol

Only if you conveniently want to forget last season.

You clearly couldn’t forget the season prior to the last one, when bringing up the 5th place and FA Cup lines out as a defence of Rodgers. Very convenient. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Only if you conveniently want to forget last season.

You clearly couldn’t forget the season prior to the last one, when bringing up the 5th place and FA Cup lines out. Very convenient. 

Context is always king, top 5 the previous 2 seasons was a disappointment ultimately, but it met the pre-season requirements, and arguably had contextual reasons.

Last season was a disappointment, yet he is still our manager as decided by our owners. That adds the context of trust from our owners, who likely are more informed than every single person on here.

I do not forget, I just have no other choice but to back him as he is our manager as decided by our greatest ever chairman.

Guest Col city fan

I do think even our very loyal owners will get trigger happy if we have a bad start to the new campaign.

And I’m sure the fans will.

I think we need to sign a couple of players… 

We need to freshen up a bit imo and give us something to look forward to the new season. It’s always that bit more exciting when you see a new player(s) for the first time.

If we start again with the same sideways passing style, with Amartey, Perez et al on the bench again, I think the Leicester faithful will frown a tad if we don’t perform well.

And especially if we’ve signed no-one new

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Context is always king, top 5 the previous 2 seasons was a disappointment ultimately, but it met the pre-season requirements, and arguably had contextual reasons.

Last season was a disappointment, yet he is still our manager as decided by our owners. That adds the context of trust from our owners, who likely are more informed than every single person on here.

I do not forget, I just have no other choice but to back him as he is our manager as decided by our greatest ever chairman.

I love Top as much as the next fan, but I feel his hands are tied due to the compensation owed to Rodgers if he was to be sacked. 

I honestly cannot believe that if the compensation was minimal that he wouldn’t have been sacked after (insert whichever diabolical result we’ve had here) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I love Top as much as the next fan, but I feel his hands are tied due to the compensation owed to Rodgers if he was to be sacked. 

I honestly cannot believe that if the compensation was minimal that he wouldn’t have been sacked after (insert whichever diabolical result we’ve had here) 

Find that a little curious to be honest, as Top would be well aware of the contracts implications, and is clearly a savvy guy, so must have had enough confidence to sign it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Find that a little curious to be honest, as Top would be well aware of the contracts implications, and is clearly a savvy guy, so must have had enough confidence to sign it.

Potentially 

But did anyone predict the manner and extent of our decline? I know I didn’t. 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Potentially 

But did anyone predict the manner and extent of our decline? I know I didn’t. 

Suspect you are referring to optical decline/style, rather than from 5th to 8th?

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

A bit of Luck next year and the players will carry him through again!

So when things go wrong it is all Rodgers' fault and not the players, but when everything goes well it is all the players and no credit to Rodgers?

Right...

• Like 2

On 25/06/2022 at 15:46, filbertway said:

Why would you sign any defender on a 3 year contract whos coming in to cover a leg break though?

Loan or youth system and take the hit surely?

Not many clubs have an "injury crisis" where they still name an XI full of international players lol

given he sat on the bench whilst we played Wilf there it says a lot, the big issue for me last season was Ben Nelson not getting a game, at least in a cup, he'd be the only CB on the bench one would get injured and still didn't get on, pointless

50 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

given he sat on the bench whilst we played Wilf there it says a lot, the big issue for me last season was Ben Nelson not getting a game, at least in a cup, he'd be the only CB on the bench one would get injured and still didn't get on, pointless

That’s only Watford in the cup what would apply. 

He was on the bench 7 times; the opposition included Man City, Liverpool (twice) and Napoli. The other games were Spartak 1-1, Newcastle 4-0 and Watford in the Cup. 

The kid is 17 going on 18. He looked nowhere near ready v Villarreal before the season started. The defensive record for the Under 23s isn’t particularly great; so him learning his lessons there are far better than him being thrown in the deep end

I have a feeling that the club are reluctant to back him with any serious finances this summer. We would have had some movement now to at least get 1 or 2 people in for the start of preseason, as it stands we dont even have any serious links with someone. 

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

I have a feeling that the club are reluctant to back him with any serious finances this summer. We would have had some movement now to at least get 1 or 2 people in for the start of preseason, as it stands we dont even have any serious links with someone. 

Nothing to do with Rodgers. The club as a whole are aware they need to improve the squad. There’s a bit more of hands on approach occurring in the background. We’ve also never really been the type of club what uses the media to pursue players - Daka for example came out of nowhere last summer despite all the gossip about Edouard.

The club have three problems.

They are struggling to clear the decks to free up wage bill space.

Certain players they have their eye on are subject to other transfer deals going through between other clubs. 

Other players under consideration, we are competing with other clubs. 

As a rule of thumb you sign in June, you are paying at the selling club’s set price. 

• Like 1