Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 29/08/2021 at 21:42, honeybradger said:

I would also add i dont think we're a very good pressing side to be honest, teams play through our two man midfield quite easily and apart from ndidi, albrighton (when he plays) and vardy (when he's involved) we dont have many good tackling midfielders/forwards to press from the front, perez makes a lot of pressures but i feel like he doesnt get stuck in and actually win the ball back like the aforementioned. Barnes and maddison arent the best for pressing either. Rodger's can complain we play too slowly all he wants but when he's employing a two man midfield that includes ndidi who isnt the best passer, and he wants us to avoid playing long balls, that is inevitably going to lead to us struggling to find an opening. I think adding soumare to make it a midfield 3 would give allow us to transition quicker and press better but rodgers seems set on playing a 10.

Exactly this for me too personally. Soumare has the potential to make such a big difference in a 3. Not only would his valuable physical attributes assist Ndidi greatly, it would give Tielemans that little bit of extra time and slightly less pressure to do what he does best. I think it would have made a great deal of difference against both Wolves and particularly West Ham who's approach to the game was entirely predictable. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Fox in the house said:

I just seen gray have another good game for everton  a player you gave up on, as with praet you discarded,  stop playing your favourites ie maddison and Perez,  give other players a chance, your mask is slipping. 

Acting like Rodgers is the only manager who didn't like to use Gray lmao.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox in the house said:

I just seen gray have another good game for everton  a player you gave up on, as with praet you discarded,  stop playing your favourites ie maddison and Perez,  give other players a chance, your mask is slipping. 

He's not a Mod on here you know .🤣

20 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

he couldn't play as a 10 and was worse that Perez on the right. 

24 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

1. He won't read this so why are you addressing him directly lol

2. So you were against selling him were you? I'd love it if you could find an old post saying we are making a big mistake selling him because I don't rember many voicing that opinion I do remember plenty of idiots wise cracking "ill drive him there myself" or "I'd sell him for a pack of Crisps". so it's easy to a wise old sage with hindsight. 

3. The season is 4 games old it's a bit early to be hailing him as the 2nd coming of ajen robben! Lets see where we are after at least half a season. 

4. As others have said he was one of 4 managers to not get a tune out of him so difficult to lay it solely at Rodgers door. 

11 hours ago, Fox in the house said:

Would love you to put some more context to that comment. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

People forgot we actually offered Gray a new deal and played him as late as three days before the transfer window opened. 

He ultimately decided he didn’t want to stay and hence we sold him. 

...it was the right decision for Gray to leave, as you could not have envisaged anything changing, in light of his tenure here!!!

I can be a harsh critic of Brendan, but I think he got the Gray situation right. Something inside Gray may now have clicked, which never would if he had festered any longer in our squad. I wish the lad well. He has talent and pace, but sometimes things don’t work and you have to recognise that. 

Brendan is by no means perfect, but he is a bloody good manager and there are few of his calibre around. Seems as though some would prefer a change. Eddie Howe maybe 🤣

Im happy with Brendan, but I do wish he would ease up on his stubbornness sometimes and take a few more risks. However, he has done very little wrong in reality. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

I can be a harsh critic of Brendan, but I think he got the Gray situation right. Something inside Gray may now have clicked, which never would if he had festered any longer in our squad. I wish the lad well. He has talent and pace, but sometimes things don’t work and you have to recognise that. 

Brendan is by no means perfect, but he is a bloody good manager and there are few of his calibre around. Seems as though some would prefer a change. Eddie Howe maybe 🤣

Im happy with Brendan, but I do wish he would ease up on his stubbornness sometimes and take a few more risks. However, he has done very little wrong in reality. 

...when you say he has got it right, in which way has he been correct in this instance!!!