Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

44 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Believe it or not I’m less fussed about that. Much prefer watching a team trying to score more goals than the opposition rather than watching a team trying to stop the other from scoring 

But we do score a lot of goals and the goals we concede for the most part aren't as a consequence of always attacking. If you aren't concerned about a basic fundamental of football which is to defend set pieces that we are failing at then I'm not sure we'll ever play the bespoke football you seem to care about.

Sort the set piece issue out, iron out the dallying about on the ball at the back which often leads to unforced errors and focus on what we are good at which is being very efficient in front of goal and especially when we attack with pace and intensity and we are a team to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But we do score a lot of goals and the goals we concede for the most part aren't as a consequence of always attacking. If you aren't concerned about a basic fundamental of football which is to defend set pieces that we are failing at then I'm not sure we'll ever play the bespoke football you seem to care about.

Sort the set piece issue out, iron out the dallying about on the ball at the back which often leads to unforced errors and focus on what we are good at which is being very efficient in front of goal and especially when we attack with pace and intensity and we are a team to watch.

We've been an absolute freak in front of goal the last 2 seasons scoring 10 and 12 more than our xG compared with our best attacking season 19/20 where we only bested it by 5. Set peices obviously need to be sorted out. So does out attacking play though, if we keep relying on scoring half chances most games then it will come back to bite us eventually. 

Spending 60-70 minutes most games showing no intention of getting men into the box and trying to create something is incredibly tedious to watch. Especially when you've seen what the same group of players have been capable of previously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Believe it or not I’m less fussed about that. Much prefer watching a team trying to score more goals than the opposition rather than watching a team trying to stop the other from scoring 

An interesting critique of Rodgers in his 3 full seasons in charge, only Man City (284), Liverpool (247), Chelsea (203) and Spurs (198) have scored more than Leicester (197)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One thing that has been especially frustrating is passing the ball behind players, making them receive it with back to goal. It has slowed down so many attacks, when there was acres of space in front of the guy...I don't know why we have been so poor at this the past 12 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Another one for the Rodgers haters, only the big 6 have taken more points than Leicester in his 3 full seasons in charge. 

Liverpool  260
Manchester  260
Chelsea 205
Manchester United  198
Spurs  192
Arsenal  186
Leicester City  180

With both West ham (20) and Wolves (25) points further back 

Nobody is really disputing the first two seasons even if there was a serious decline in both (in terms of results that led us to finish 5th) and performances which have dropped off since before the pandemic.

I don’t think anyone is claiming Rodgers has been a bad manager for us on the whole either. How can they?

Whether you think Rodgers can improve us on last season or not though is a totally different question 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Nobody is really disputing the first two seasons even if there was a serious decline in both (in terms of results that led us to finish 5th) and performances which have dropped off since before the pandemic.

I don’t think anyone is claiming Rodgers has been a bad manager for us on the whole either. How can they?

Whether you think Rodgers can improve us on last season or not though is a totally different question 

Claudio won the league... but he had to go.

Rodgers has done some good... but I think he will struggle now

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Another one for the Rodgers haters, only the big 6 have taken more points than Leicester in his 3 full seasons in charge. 

Liverpool  260
Manchester  260
Chelsea 205
Manchester United  198
Spurs  192
Arsenal  186
Leicester City  180

With both West ham (20) and Wolves (25) points further back 

Far too simplistic, can you show us a momentum graph please of his PPG from when he joined to now? I expect you might see a downwards spiral.

Claudio's table would have been similar given he got 80+ points in his only full season with us.  To make my point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

One thing that has been especially frustrating is passing the ball behind players, making them receive it with back to goal. It has slowed down so many attacks, when there was acres of space in front of the guy...I don't know why we have been so poor at this the past 12 months. 

I don't get this either, often I've seen huge spaces between left/right full backs/wing backs and the opposing centre backs an area that Vardy would dearly love to see the ball played into, but what happens.......... we pass it wide right or wide left. I also believe this style of play doesn't/won't suit Daka either. Our attackers best strength sometimes is running directly at the opposition with the ball at their feet, but we are all too predictable as well, as every time we play knows where the ball is going as well. Makes defending against us so much eaiser.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Far too simplistic, can you show us a momentum graph please of his PPG from when he joined to now? I expect you might see a downwards spiral.

Claudio's table would have been similar given he got 80+ points in his only full season with us.  To make my point.

19/20 PPG 1.63

20/21 PPG 1.73

21/22 PPG 1.45

So last season is 0.28 PPG game worse then his best season point wise 20/21 and 0.18 worse then his first season 19/20

I think considering circumstance that's ok. 

First 19 games of last season was 1.36 PPG.

Last 19 games of last season was 1.52 PPG

So you could argue we are on a upwards curve.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

His rebuild is going well.

We thought we needed a right winger last season. Rodgers proved we didn't need a right winger. This season we think we need a rebuild. Rodgers will prove we don't need a rebuild. Believe.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

We thought we needed a right winger last season. Rodgers proved we didn't need a right winger. This season we think we need a rebuild. Rodgers will prove we don't need a rebuild. Believe.

That's great

Rodgers has been the one publicly saying that we need the rebuild, though

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

That's great

I'm far from Brendan's biggest fan, but let's be fair to him and quote him correctly. I don't believe he ever used the term 'rebuild'. He said the squad needed a 'refresh'. It's an important distinction to make as one is far more drastic than the other.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm far from Brendan's biggest fan, but let's be fair to him and quote him correctly. I don't believe he ever used the term 'rebuild'. He said the squad needed a 'refresh'. It's an important distinction to make as one is far more drastic than the other.

Fair. Not sure that Foxxed was drawing that distinction though?

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The terminology used is neither here nor there it essentially means the same thing. One is just a softer way of putting it. Either way at the minute we are getting neither. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

The terminology used is neither here nor there it essentially means the same thing. One is just a softer way of putting it. Either way at the minute we are getting neither. 

The distinction is important. Rebuild to me suggests tearing it down and starting again. That was never going to happen. A refresh suggests cutting away some deadwood and adding some young up and coming talent. There is still plenty of time for the latter as there is still over 2 months left of this transfer window, although I did think we would have done something by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I’m far from Rodgers’s biggest detractor, but please point out the moment when Rodgers “proved we didn’t need a right winger”.

I must have missed that 

48 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

That's great

Yeah it's tongue in cheek. Let's give him time. It's early days. There's no need to panic. He's never had problems getting in the right players before.

43 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

"I'd love the opportunity to rebuild the squad and continue with what has been a great time that I've had here so far."

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

His rebuild is going well.

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I think the club is starting to find out its easier to swap a manager than to overhaul a playing squad.

A rebuild doesn’t feel right when it’s this manager who brought in the players we need to replace. 

Other than maybe Hamza, these are rodgers guys that need replacing… so is rodgers really the guy for it? 

• Like 3