Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing this rebuild hasn't happened because we've not been able to get Glover in as early as was expected or anticipated. 

That's probably out of Rodgers' control. 

Window is not shut yet!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing this rebuild hasn't happened because we've not been able to get Glover in as early as was expected or anticipated. 

We've only just reached July, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

That team should be smashing Forest but it was set up in such a way that they just took us to pieces. I don't think we put them under any pressure at all during the game. Absolutely schooled by a coach on the up.

Absolutely. Anyone who'd watched them against Arsenal would have seen that their main threat came from their right sided players. Barnes is renowned for his lack of assistance with defensive duties on that side which left Thomas who was constantly run ragged. As you say, not the players but how they were set up. You could see what was going to happen before a ball was even kicked.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

That team should be smashing Forest but it was set up in such a way that they just took us to pieces. I don't think we put them under any pressure at all during the game. Absolutely schooled by a coach on the up.

...just looking at that team, any team playing at a high temp would be very difficult to control!!!

On the left with Barnes and Thomas is not a defensively strong pairing and on the right with JJ and Lookman who be more defensive but not much going forward to occupy their opponents. Keeping possession would be the only way we could have sought to compete with our experience, but Forest was having none of that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sylofox said:

Anyone else starting to wonder if Rodgers rebuild was just a way of deflecting the heat at the time.

Just like he didn't realise how important the forest result was to us.

If he dont do this rebuild the heat will be on him from the start. Hes the only one excuse left and that will be it's  Top's fault he didn't get me my players.

I'd be astonished if it's always been pure horse muck that Rudkin, Whelan and Top wouldn't have told him to pack it in and yet he talked incessantly about it from mid February onwards so somethings afoot. 

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not a chance it's to do with that Stan, come on mate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Great planning...... 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

In the past when top has come over things have stated to happen. Hes signs off on every piece of business the club do so could be the case that now he's here things will start to happen. I doubt he's come all this way just to give brendan a high 5.

9 hours ago, Lako42 said:

How the **** do people still not realise how BR operates???? 

He was lining up a perfect alibi for any underachievement for the coming season by making it sound like he'd been promised a rebuild. 

When he's completely failed to sort out various issues with our play he'll immediately blame the failed rebuild. 

He hates us, has no respect for us and he's a self preserving bellend 

I think you probably hate him more and have less respect for him.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think you probably hate him more and have less respect for him.

OK, I'll hold my hands up and say that was a bit ott, I'd had a few. 

But I genuinely believe he has very little regard for us, based on his own disparaging comments about us in an effort to protect himself. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be astonished if it's always been pure horse muck that Rudkin, Whelan and Top wouldn't have told him to pack it in and yet he talked incessantly about it from mid February onwards so somethings afoot. 

Personally they should of told him to stop shooting his mouth off anyway.

Great way to build team moral at the time. Hey guys just so you know 5/6 of you are being replaced in the summer.

Oh can you please go out and get us a European place please.

Some man management that is ffs.

Yet people cant see Rodgers flaws.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

OK, I'll hold my hands up and say that was a bit ott, I'd had a few. 

But I genuinely believe he has very little regard for us, based on his own disparaging comments about us in an effort to protect himself. 

I wouldn't read to much into any football managers comments, they all come out with odd things.

No worries your passionate alway going to care more about your club then any manager we employ.

17 hours ago, Corky said:

We've only just reached July, too.

Surely if your planning a major team re build you want them in asap.

They need time to settle and gel. That needs to start asap. Like be together for pre season training.

Not getting them in 5 minutes before the season kicks off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Surely if your planning a major team re build you want them in asap.

They need time to settle and gel. That needs to start asap. Like be together for pre season training.

Not getting them in 5 minutes before the season kicks off.

I don't think we were in a position to start doing business until yesterday as it was the FFP cut off for the new season.

On 30/06/2022 at 23:36, Guest454545 said:

Do other clubs have defensive coaches? Seems like it's not a thing. 

There will be coach’s assigned to attacking/defensive/fitness etc… all classed as coaches but with more specific roles. You’d have guessed that Toure would be the defensive coach there 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Unless its a Mexican stand off scenario. They can tell him all they like but if he knows the club are too skint to sack him he can say whatever he wants. Its always reputation first with Rodgers. Lining up his not backed enough excuse.

I hope i’m wrong but something doesn’t seem right with how much it was talked about and there has been no movement at all since the season ended.

People can say there is still 2 months to go but the later we leave it the more desperate and expensive things can get.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

That's fine so why make it common news in February. Pissing players off knowing they are out come the summer.

Just like his tactics his player management is shite.

I’m certain what he, and the club tell the media and what they say to players behind closed doors are two completely different things.

One thing we’ve always done well as a club is keep our business private and quietly do what we need to do in the background.

• Like 4