Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m certain what he, and the club tell the media and what they say to players behind closed doors are two completely different things.

One thing we’ve always done well as a club is keep our business private and quietly do what we need to do in the background.

Even better player management.

I'll announce it to the press but not tell the players.

5 minutes ago, majaco said:

Rodgers achieved two fifth placed finishes and managed us to an FA Cup win.

He has achieved.   Reading this thread made me wonder if we had been relegated a couple of times without me noticing.

There are clearly issues that need addressing.   Rodgers comment about the refresh seems ill-advised.   We have too big a squad without Europe (ironic that we were down to eight fit outfield players with a big squad).   Most important is the need to sort out set pieces (Rodgers has spoken about this;  is he able to solve it?).

We have many good players.  We need to move some on.   I don't think a massive refresh is needed.  With the talent coming from the academy, a centre back, a midfielder and a right winger could see us looking strong.

The kicking that Rodgers gets in this thread is disproportionate.   I hope he has a good season.  

Yeah but we were 8th and lost in a euro semi final last season so he’s actually sh1te …….

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as time moves on we seem to be putting a lot of pressure on the academy players coming through to succeed!!!

Aren't we just, and a manager that gets a hell of a lot of praise for bringing through academy players without actually doing it that frequently (he's still better than plenty of managers though)

NoSo some have started to ,and put more into Rodgers statements & secondary thought. Building up nonsense & agendas for the future,and reminding us all,it's well known..!!

FFS ,he's not said anything more or less,that depreciates or demeans his position...

I for one believe it all lays in the positive...

I don't think I have missed any major or base statements from Rodgers or club...

I am also ( though saying myself) mature enough,not to create stories that can and some insist on taking out of context...

Some people have decided they want to wear their own hate-masks and twist every word to satisfy & confirm mad campaigns...

Worse than Leicester-talk and

Mediatroll memes everyweek...

Gullibility of accepting every word as a soap-opera act...demeans the character of any forum...it's one-way traffic...

Oh before any one pings...That's me making & taking my right of an opinion..!!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as time moves on we seem to be putting a lot of pressure on the academy players coming through to succeed!!!

According to the itks, we have academy players of great potential.  Seagrave is a world class facility.  

Chilwell, Barnes, Thomas, Choudhury, KDH have emerged from interior facilities.    We should be optimistic. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

NoSo some have started to ,and put more into Rodgers statements & secondary thought. Building up nonsense & agendas for the future,and reminding us all,it's well known..!!

FFS ,he's not said anything more or less,that depreciates or demeans his position...

I for one believe it all lays in the positive...

I don't think I have missed any major or base statements from Rodgers or club...

I am also ( though saying myself) mature enough,not to create stories that can and some insist on taking out of context...

Some people have decided they want to wear their own hate-masks and twist every word to satisfy & confirm mad campaigns...

Worse than Leicester-talk and

Mediatroll memes everyweek...

Gullibility of accepting every word as a soap-opera act...demeans the character of any forum...it's one-way traffic...

Oh before any one pings...That's me making & taking my right of an opinion..!!  

If I could rap, I would rap your posts.

Rodgers will move on at some point.  Perhaps soon.  But while he is here, we should back him and recognise his achievements. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

According to the itks, we have academy players of great potential.  Seagrave is a world class facility.  

Chilwell, Barnes, Thomas, Choudhury, KDH have emerged from interior facilities.    We should be optimistic. 

...I  am optimistic, there is a lot of potential coming through!!!

As we can see, two potential players who seemed to be on their way to elite status ( Karamoko Dembele and Xavi Simons) have stalled and are struggling to compete with pretty average competion for one player and an elite schooling by the other. Xavi going to Fulham only proved what I was seeing, being of a player overwhelmed by his surroundings or disillusioned with the game, in a sport he seems to have little passion for. Let us hope Braybrooke makes it, as he is a year behind Simons.

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am optimistic, there is a lot of potential coming through!!!

As we can see, two potential players who seemed to be on their way to elite status ( Karamoko Dembele and Xavi Simons) have stalled and are struggling to compete with pretty average competion for one player and an elite schooling by the other. Xavi going to Fulham only proved what I was seeing, being of a player overwhelmed by his surroundings or disillusioned with the game, in a sport he seems to have little passion for. Let us hope Braybrooke makes it, as he is a year behind Simons.

Simons from PSG? He played a fair few games last season and rejected a new 5 year deal to sign a long term contract with PSV. Or do you mean Xavier Simons from Chelsea?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Simons from PSG? He played a fair few games last season and rejected a new 5 year deal to sign a long term contract with PSV. Or do you mean Xavier Simons from Chelsea?

...it is really tricky with the two names virtually the same and at the same age as well!!!

The Xavi I am talking about has a parent from Surinam and developed through the PSG academy. I read that he had been picked up by Fulham but he has signed (according to Transfer Market) for a 5-year term at PSV.

2049369712_XaviSimons.thumb.png.21e1332420b41bfb6f0bf26418ceed40.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Who are we recruiting and who are we ditching?:ph34r:

good question, id recruit AI bots to replace the doom and gloomers. Get more sense out of that

Edited by Simoken

I’m going to put it out there that Brendan will have an amazing transfer window bring in a few decent players then he’ll give us a top 4 finish next season !

im just thinking to myself is that pure optimism pure insanity or have I just lost the plot !!:frantics:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

good question, id recruit AI bots to replace the doom and gloomers. Get more sense out of that

The thing with AI is that its constantly learning and training itself over time. Eventually you’ll end up with a series of posters worse than the ones you’ve ditched haha. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

The thing with AI is that its constantly learning and training itself over time. Eventually you’ll end up with a series of posters worse than the ones you’ve ditched haha. 

lol!!!!!!!!!!!! pin this :appl:

If things are as bad as we are fearing in regard to finances and squad changes, expect Rodgers to start applying pressure in the media and looking for an out. He'll not walk away when he's paid probably double what any other club would pay him in his next job but he'll not sit back and accept this.