Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

" Observe which side resorts to the most vociferous name-calling and you are likely to have identified the side with the weaker argument and they know it."   Charles Roberts Anderson

I will just leave that here........:thumbup:

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's quite a fun game to work out what exuses he will be using next season. We probably need to sort out some form of Brendan Excuse Bingo

I'm sure they're being discussed in the Brendan Rodgers fan club meetings. Also congrats to  @coolhandfox and @Simoken who will joining the group after a solid year of proving their devotion to the man.

The members list now reads

Brendan Rodgers (founder and chair person)

SO1

Guest4545454545454545

coolhandfox

Simoken

:D

RODGERS TILL I DIE.. RODGERS TILL I DIIEEEEE..

image.png.c960bfe6c625a26cea1154b0bbed7385.png

• Haha 2

On 04/07/2022 at 20:30, coolhandfox said:

Let be honest most of Foxestalk is gobbing off 2 month before the window closes lol

Preseason conditioning, tactical process and player bonding is underway with a month to the first fixture. 

The pressing need to a squad revamp is accepted by most and the manager. 

Having a giggle that we’d still be able to sign someone after playing five fixtures is kinda missing the point. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's quite a fun game to work out what exuses he will be using next season. We probably need to sort out some form of Brendan Excuse Bingo

I'm sure they're being discussed in the Brendan Rodgers fan club meetings. Also congrats to  @coolhandfox and @Simoken who will joining the group after a solid year of proving their devotion to the man.

The members list now reads

Brendan Rodgers (founder and chair person)

SO1

Guest4545454545454545

coolhandfox

Simoken

:D

I was doing it for the last 6 months of last season

The problem was that because he only says so many things, it was quite hard to come up with other options to fill the slots 

20 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Nearly two months of the window left, but don't let fact get in the way.

Which is true but we don't exist in a vacuum, some of our targets will sign elsewhere, transfer fees rise between 1-2% per week during the window on average too. We have plenty of time but that only matters if we make use of it and it this stage it seems alarmingly quiet despite 'needing 6 new players'.

19 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We know for a fact though that if by a miracle Rodgers turns it around next season, posters such as myself will be taking the stick. Which is fine, I’ve put myself in the firing line.

When we get there and I’d say the same thing. Don’t like the criticism of individuals for an opinion.

The bit I don’t get with you and Filbertway you’ve both been open enough to say you don’t watch us regularly - you through choice and Filbert cos he follows Coalville a fair bit. Yet you both spend considerable amount of time with an opinion on Rodgers. I’d rather save the energy like but that’s me. 

40 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We know for a fact though that if by a miracle Rodgers turns it around next season, posters such as myself will be taking the stick. Which is fine, I’ve put myself in the firing line.

I hope that not the case, at the end of the day we all want the best for the club, we just have different opinions of what that is.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Simoken said:

This was exactly what i  was going to respond with!! delusional at its finest some on here. Mans achieved so much already, gave us two trophys and yet we wanna get rid of him and replace with the Forest manager...

It is staggering.

Even when people roll out "performances have been shit for 18 months" we still picked up two trophies in that time.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It is staggering.

Even when people roll out "performances have been shit for 18 months" we still picked up two trophies in that time.

Which is brilliant but it's a valid criticism to say we've been awful to watch. Some people want different things from supporting the club. For some it's purely about the end result and others like to be entertained by performances 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When we get there and I’d say the same thing. Don’t like the criticism of individuals for an opinion.

The bit I don’t get with you and Filbertway you’ve both been open enough to say you don’t watch us regularly - you through choice and Filbert cos he follows Coalville a fair bit. Yet you both spend considerable amount of time with an opinion on Rodgers. I’d rather save the energy like but that’s me. 

I'll love him next season when we're playing 3pm on Saturday most weeks and I'm not watching the games :D

Due to Covid and us being in Europe on thursdays I think i've seen about 90% of our games in the past couple of seasons.

I'll always have opinions on the club to be fair though, I do enough reading and talking about Leicester and footie in general. I'd like to go back to only having an opinion on full time results, but there's far too much information out there now. Since Pearson took over I've always taken more interest in the bigger picture and not just the scorebord at 16:50 on Saturday afternoon.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Which is brilliant but it's a valid criticism to say we've been awful to watch. Some people want different things from supporting the club. For some it's purely about the end result and others like to be entertained by performances 

I get that and I do accept we've been poor to watch at times.

I don't go to games to be "entertained" though personally, if I want a consistent entertaining performance every week then I certainly wouldn't watch football.

But my main point is people will say "oh we've been poor for xxx months". Which I can accept, but in that time winning the FA Cup and Comminity Sheild just shows we've been poor but still managed to win those trophies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Which is true but we don't exist in a vacuum, some of our targets will sign elsewhere, transfer fees rise between 1-2% per week during the window on average too. We have plenty of time but that only matters if we make use of it and it this stage it seems alarmingly quiet despite 'needing 6 new players'.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, which is why these thing are not that simple and take time. 

I'm sure the club would like to have all it business done and dusted, but you are deal with other clubs and human beings which makes it difficult. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Preseason conditioning, tactical process and player bonding is underway with a month to the first fixture. 

The pressing need to a squad revamp is accepted by most and the manager. 

Having a giggle that we’d still be able to sign someone after playing five fixtures is kinda missing the point. 

"Worrying Is Like Paying a Debt You Don't Owe." - Mark Twain

47 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head, which is why these thing are not that simple and take time. 

I'm sure the club would like to have all it business done and dusted, but you are deal with other clubs and human beings which makes it difficult. 

Some clubs are able to line up their ducks, we used to be one of them lol. There's an element of us having to sell to buy, I think most of us get this but equally if we can only operate on a one in, one out basis as one of the richest clubs in the world something has gone seriously wrong and processes or personal should change as a result. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Some clubs are able to line up their ducks, we used to be one of them lol. There's an element of us having to sell to buy, I think most of us get this but equally if we can only operate on a one in, one out basis as one of the richest clubs in the world something has gone seriously wrong and processes or personal should change as a result. 

Playing Devil advocate, we have no idea what the club has or hasn't done, they could have all their duck line up they could have none line up. 

I don't think you can judge a teams window until after it shut and you are into the season.

Many a club has supposedly won the transfer window and then had a crap season.

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

Some weeks ago I suggested the club was sending Rodgers a message.   They know all his PR is about polishing his CV.  I suspect they realise he has done his stuff and we are now left with his flaws.  He introduced the big rebuild narrative to deflect from his own errors and to bounce the board into giving him money...  by their actions they are inviting him to go.   

You guys keep saying they are working on deals.... but it's time to face it... there are none.   If we were to achieve nada in this window then this is how it would begin.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 2

Guest ttfn
15 hours ago, Stadt said:

We don't know, which is fair enough then, we can only judge what's tangible. Currently that's 0/6 players we need for our rebuild. If at the end of the window we achieve what we anted without any early business I'll be very impressed.

We're 26 days into an 81 day window, players get more expensive and harder to sign the deeper we get in - July is the sweet spot so if we've not done any business this month we're really putting the pressure on ourselves in August 

We’re not just 26 days into an 81 day window, we’re 5 months into a 7 month period between Rodgers declaring we needed a rebuild and the end of the transfer window.

It’s hard to believe the club is/was serious about a rebuild this summer. If it was we’d have hit the ground running, as it is nearly every other club in the league (I’m not sure any of which had their manager declaring the need for a rebuild mid-season) are ahead of us in their transfer dealings.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I'm a Brendan fan and I'm definitely Brendan in.

However (said in that unique way Brendan does), it's hard to fathom why he's said what he's said.

It's put unnecessary pressure on him and the club. Saying you want 6 new players including 2 new midfielders (which was an utterly bizarre comment by the way) and that you're going to be able to sell Vestergaard, not only is incredibly naïve, it's completely unnecessary. The level of expectation management is way way off.

It must be just complete self preservation. We'll judge it before the first game of the season but a refresh / rebuild or whatever he said just doesn't look like it's happening.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm a Brendan fan and I'm definitely Brendan in.

However (said in that unique way Brendan does), it's hard to fathom why he's said what he's said.

It's put unnecessary pressure on him and the club. Saying you want 6 new players including 2 new midfielders (which was an utterly bizarre comment by the way) and that you're going to be able to sell Vestergaard, not only is incredibly naïve, it's completely unnecessary. The level of expectation management is way way off.

It must be just complete self preservation. We'll judge it before the first game of the season but a refresh / rebuild or whatever he said just doesn't look like it's happening.

Maybe it was just a part of management where you try different things to get a response from the players. In Jan /Feb we were in horrible form and players doing same old crap performances - the usual ‘we’re a young team / got injuries’ response wasn’t working and maybe it was a last resort from him ie start saying some players aren’t good enough they are going to be replaced if they don’t buck up. 

kind of worked as our results improved, however we all know some of it was right we do need a bit of a rebuild , problem is we don’t have the money for it

Guest Col city fan
19 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I honestly think if you watch a Brendan Rodgers team you can predict how the games going to go after ten minutes or so. We either immediately look to control games and then usually go on to win… or completely the opposite. 

There IS a lack of mental toughness in the team I think. Where, if we start badly we rarely look like we can turn it around.

Some games… we just play the opposition off the park with Tielemans looking up for it and orchestrating the midfield.

Such a Jekyll and Hyde side…