Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

If you really believe what you wrote, you know jack about football mate.

His career stats of 1 assist playing as 10 and no consistency on the right across 4 different managers suggest otherwise. He then lost his place on the left when a younger Harvey Barnes came back from loan and almost equalled Grays career EPL goal and assist record in his first season. Credit to Rodgers for giving Barnes the chance after several seasons of Gray underperforming. 

I have a feeling, based on nothing, that Rodgers might want to leave for a bigger club if we finish 5th again. He might feel he's taken us as far as he can, and without huge investment it will be near impossible to break the top 4 monopoly. People laugh at the idea of him going to Arsenal but IMO it is a possibility. Arsenal can offer bigger transfer budget and wages to attract big players. They can offer £200k+ in wages to players. No way we can ever match that. 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Wilfred Ndidi, Youri Tielemans, Caglar Soyuncu, Wes Fofana, Coutinho, Maddison, Barnes, Sigurddson, Nathan Dyer, Jordan Henderson, Kelechi Iheanacho, Daniel Sturridge. 

Bet I could double or triple that list with ease:) especially if I used Celtic. Especially if I used the players like Jon Flanagan who were taken from development to fill parts in a team when he had no other option. The haters are always going to find ways to hate and its just not worth the effort. His work/record over his managing career here and elsewhere speaks for itself.

31 minutes ago, Koke said:

I have a feeling, based on nothing, that Rodgers might want to leave for a bigger club if we finish 5th again. He might feel he's taken us as far as he can, and without huge investment it will be near impossible to break the top 4 monopoly. People laugh at the idea of him going to Arsenal but IMO it is a possibility. Arsenal can offer bigger transfer budget and wages to attract big players. They can offer £200k+ in wages to players. No way we can ever match that. 

I doubt the owners(Arsenal) ego can suffer through another rebuild and the time required to remake that squad. If Arsenal had any brains they would take our model and match it. They screwed up big time when they let go of that German scout (Mislintat). Just imagine what we could do with those resources and that's where they could be if they had some patience. Nobody wants to work for an asshole boss with unrealistic expectations.

Edited by SO1

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

I think at this point I'd happily see it. The bloke bores me to tears with almost everything he does, I'm just ready for something different I think. You can almost predict every move Rodgers will make during a game and when he will make it. I feel like he's almost too reliant on the theory side of things that it prevents him from being able to adapt easily. Again, by no means do I think he's poor, but I just find him an incredibly boring manager. So if the opportunity presented itself to look for a more attacking/creative manager, then I'd be down for that.  

I'm not sure how he'd do there, poisonous atmosphere and a club that seems to be run pretty poorly. It'd be a risky move, if he could turn around their fortunes on the pitch it'd be a hell of an achievement. I think they're screwed until they get new ownership.

• Like 1

BR is a top manager and coach. I'm sure he must have given thought to what else he could have done for Gray to get him to perform. If Gray continues to perform week in week out than its worth investigating what changed? My feeling is its probably a combination of things from a fresh start, a new manager that inspires him, new found self determination (last chance saloon effect), acceptance by his new team mates, likes merseyside, the timing of Everton actually playing well being in form and having fun arriving at a the party at just the right time. The stars finally aligned for him in other words. No biggie we've seen this before - look at Pogba leaving Manu for Juventus and now he's back. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Koke said:

Fair enough if he wants, he’s progressively moved us on. I’m also of the opinion things go stale 3 to 4 seasons of management. I know a lot of top managers have spoke before about the three year cycle. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

They've also probably got the same ceiling as us. People go overboard with the step down stuff but below Man City, Liverpool, Man United and Chelsea there is a huge gap building. The Big Six is four with two tagged on who look well behind.

He probably will want to go but I don't see him doing significantly better elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

...if between now and the end of the season Viera gets Crystal Palace into the top 6, I can forsee them opting for Viera instead!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think at this point I'd happily see it. The bloke bores me to tears with almost everything he does, I'm just ready for something different I think. You can almost predict every move Rodgers will make during a game and when he will make it. I feel like he's almost too reliant on the theory side of things that it prevents him from being able to adapt easily. Again, by no means do I think he's poor, but I just find him an incredibly boring manager. So if the opportunity presented itself to look for a more attacking/creative manager, then I'd be down for that.  

I'm not sure how he'd do there, poisonous atmosphere and a club that seems to be run pretty poorly. It'd be a risky move, if he could turn around their fortunes on the pitch it'd be a hell of an achievement. I think they're screwed until they get new ownership.

Boring team that have 130 odd goals in the last two season, which is around the 4th highest in the league.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And this is why we are fcuked as a fan base.

We've fans that think a manager who has masterminded the most amount of games where we've scored 4 or more goals in the modern era, a manager who has led us to x 2 top 5 finishes back to back for the first time in the top division in the modern era (actually can't remember when we did this previously probably 60+ years ago), a manager who helped us win the FA Cup for the 1st time in our history and all of which was largely done with the same squad of players that had finished 9th 2 seasons on the spin beforehand (we were heading for a comfortable bottom half finish until he arrived and we showed top 6 from from Feb onwards in that season)

What on earth do you expect? More goals? Top 4? The league title? Europa League?

No wonder we have one of the most pathetic fan bases in the country, we have been forever ruined by 2015/16. Very little can be appreciated and this is a classic example. A boring manager? I'm genuinely speechless.

Grim isn't it. Back to back European campaigns and an FA Cup win but because we've done it by trying to keep the ball rather than wellying it down the channels and getting in the mixer we might as well get rid. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And this is why we are fcuked as a fan base.

We've fans that think a manager who has masterminded the most amount of games where we've scored 4 or more goals in the modern era, a manager who has led us to x 2 top 5 finishes back to back for the first time in the top division in the modern era (actually can't remember when we did this previously probably 60+ years ago), a manager who helped us win the FA Cup for the 1st time in our history and all of which was largely done with the same squad of players that had finished 9th 2 seasons on the spin beforehand (we were heading for a comfortable bottom half finish until he arrived and we showed top 6 from from Feb onwards in that season)

What on earth do you expect? More goals? Top 4? The league title? Europa League?

No wonder we have one of the most pathetic fan bases in the country, we have been forever ruined by 2015/16. Very little can be appreciated and this is a classic example. A boring manager? I'm genuinely speechless.

Sad isn't it.

In the last two season we have.

178 goals in all comps.

Won 53 games out of 101 games in all comp

Scored 4 plus 12 games.

But he's dull and boring. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Sad isn't it.

In the last two season we have.

We have scored 178 goals in all comps.

Won 53 games out of 101 games in all comp

Scored 4 plus 12 games.

But he's dull and boring. 

It's actually astonishing, the stats speak for themselves and prove how irrational this boredom and disillusion is. It makes me think there's probably not a manager out there that some of our fans would tolerate for more than a season or so. We've lost all perspective, and I stand by my statement that I think this club should fold. We don't deserve it.

• Like 2

The fans moaning about Rodgers are those who probably never supported the club through the thick and thin, under the dire tenures of Holloway and Levein.

The club is in a superb position; it's a shame such fans don't appreciate/recognise this.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's actually astonishing, the stats speak for themselves and prove how irrational this boredom and disillusion is. It makes me think there's probably not a manager out there that some of our fans would tolerate for more than a season or so. We've lost all perspective, and I stand by my statement that I think this club should fold. We don't deserve it.

It’s not complicated- a proportion of fans want the game played ‘up and at em’.  Controlling possession which leads to a positive outcome (for a number of reasons) is not exciting enough for them.  Personally, I intensely disliked much of the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons where we ceded lots of control and then pumped it long when we got it and tried to make something happen in their defensive third.  I’m much more relaxed when we control the ball, even if that involves lots of apparently pointless passing around ……

• Like 2