Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Healthy shake up to reconnect with our culture. Covid broke teams up lol

If only there had been a full season to reconnect

Never change Brendan. Fair play to him, I didnt predict covid being used as an excuse this season

Covid made us regress whilst improving Brighton and West Ham 

it was that B (ollocks) variant we had 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's absolutely staggering, some of the pony he comes out with is on a par with Boris. He's not going to fix this set piece issue either? That will be his downfall as he's promised he will and there's no hiding place.

I made a Brendan/Boris defence comparison and was banned on Tuesday Ric. Tread carefully 

• Haha 2

He has lost the plot before the season has started. Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if we agree a swap deal with Bristol City in October. Pearson and King for Brendan and Kolo.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Craig said:

We are at a stage where whatever happens or is said, it will be criticised and used as a stick to beat him by some - including those that claim to not even watch us, despite happily commenting on how dull we are to watch (5th top scorers last season?). 

You only have to look at the reaction to his comments today where he speaks about part (not all) of the 'shake up' being to go back to the culture we had prior to the pandemic. This is consistent with his comments around the Forest game and since that he thinks standards have slipped and some players have lost their focus. 

He has been slated for it, yet those slating his comments will happily tell you that we have declined since around that time too. He's literally in agreement with them and he's being slated for saying what they themselves have been saying too. 

We're at a stage where it's clear that nothing that happens can possibly change their minds. They don't like him and that's final. 

It's going to be a toxic season.

I would put myself at about a 6/10 with regards to how strongly I want him to stay but there is a part of me that wants him gone sooner rather than later, if only to provide a wake up call to those who reckon we'd replace him with someone like Simeone or Pochettino and start blowing teams away every week without ever so much as thinking about passing the ball sideways or backwards

1 minute ago, Guest said:

I would put myself at about a 6/10 with regards to how strongly I want him to stay but there is a part of me that wants him gone sooner rather than later, if only to provide a wake up call to those who reckon we'd replace him with someone like Simeone or Pochettino and start blowing teams away every week without ever so much as thinking about passing the ball sideways or backwards

I think I'm about the same.

He certainly doesn't help himself sometimes, but the overreaction at every single comment, day without a transfer, or incident that happens during a game (i.e. Iversen today) is sensational.

I'd rather there's no wake up call though lol 

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Hopefully not, but I can see the Masterplan for set pieces being Ndidi - we won’t concede with Wilf plus Wes and Evans. No need for a set piece coach or other recruits.

...don't forget Vardy on the near post...we are going to continue doing the same things that we have always done!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I think I'm about the same.

He certainly doesn't help himself sometimes, but the overreaction at every single comment, day without a transfer, or incident that happens during a game (i.e. Iversen today) is sensational.

I'd rather there's no wake up call though lol 

Agreed. He is frustrating but not everything he does or says is ego driven and maybe circumstances out of his control are at play.

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

So do you tell your kids you’re buying a mansion then blame your terrace house on circumstances out of your control? 

BR living rent free in your head.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

As I said in the Notts County thread, anyone that thinks the 22/23 season is going to see some miraculous transformation of the horrendous football we've seen served up by BR is seriously clutching at straws. The Celtic fans warned us what to expect and he is living up to it.

We have been deteriorating slowly as he has implemented and reinforced his slow, boring possession football over the seasons. 

I fully expect another season of laboured performances, horrendous defending and sleep inducing performances mixed in with the occasional win.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1