Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

26 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Real question is who is the alternative to Brendan? Who is realistically attainable and going to take us forward with the current squad & funds.

No one. 

Yes we've had crap spells but he's finished 5 twice and won us the FA cup FFS. 

He gets a fair crack this season no doubt.

Which is why he should’ve gone in September/October time when our stock was still high. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Because that’s all anyone talks about, we scored x amount of goals last season as a positive. As I said he even said it in his interview, when Simpson was talking about the full backs starting position BR said we were one of the best attacking teams and we want to improve on that.

Funnily enough no questions asked on 2 more set pieces and the defensive frailties last year.

Agreed. Daniel Iversen dropping the ball, and our development squad conceding a set piece against a professional outfit are two extremely concerning issues for next season. We need answers.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Craig said:

Genuine question to those wanting him out... do you want him to turn it around and do well here, or is he too far gone for you?

Edit - Turn around an 8th place finish lol But obviously that's not good enough...

I’ll never ever like him, but if he turns it around then great. It’ll save us a fortune. Until he leaves anyway 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The style of play for the majority of the times he's been here has been fine by me. The laboured possession and lack of movement we saw more and more last season has to improve, likewise playing quicker and more energetic with a collective press like we do when we play well. 

Low intensity laboured build up then passing back and along the back line.  Not risking a splitting pass or a run into the box . That's the way...he likes it ....A ha.

• Like 3

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’ll never ever like him, but if he turns it around then great. It’ll save us a fortune. Until he leaves anyway 

Out of interest, why? What is it that makes it so permanent? On the face of it we've had some of our best league finishes ever under him, and also two trophies - one of which is only trumped by us winning the PL. 

If he completely turned it round for you, why wouldn't you like him?

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

Agreed. Daniel Iversen dropping the ball, and our development squad conceding a set piece against a professional outfit are two extremely concerning issues for next season. We need answers.

Professional outfit 😂

battling out with other footballing heavyweights like 

Bromley 

Maidstone 

Solihull Motors 

Eastleigh

Digressing slightly off the point, that everyone harps on about our attacking threat and the defensive issues last season were a blip due to personnel 

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Professional outfit 😂

battling out with other footballing heavyweights like 

Bromley 

Maidstone 

Solihull Motors 

Eastleigh

Digressing slightly off the point, that everyone harps on about our attacking threat and the defensive issues were a blip due to personnel 

As opposed to our development squad who battle it out which other footballing heavyweights such as who?

I was mainly referring to them being a professional outfit that are obviously going to be more developed physically, which naturally makes them more of a threat from set pieces. 

Both goals today have zero bearing on our season, and nor do they reflect last season either. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

As opposed to our development squad who battle it out which other footballing heavyweights such as who?

I was mainly referring to them being a professional outfit that are obviously going to be more developed physically, which naturally makes them more of a threat from set pieces. 

Both goals today have zero bearing on our season, and nor do they reflect last season either. 

Two set piece goals conceded in a friendly does mean naff all in the grand scheme of it all. But in context it's another two goals conceded through one of our most glaring weaknesses. For the record I don't expect us to have ironed out the issues at this point, I wouldn't expect set piece defending to have been high on the priority list as players return, especially when key members have only been back a few days or are still to return.

That being said, I appreciate our young lads may struggle against more physically developed players but you'd actually have to get near them in the box first. Again, a Leicester side looked lost on how to deal with a dead ball coming in to the box and knowing where the opposition are. With regards to the physical side, our own physically developed players couldn't even compete last season, we were bullied when we tried to go man for man. As I said, I don't expect us to have issues ironed out at this stage, but I also don't think it will be come the start of the season. Something is seriously wrong with our approach to defending our box, and we seem to have a mentality that when the going gets tough we roll over to get our bellies tickled. That's on the manager for me and why I don't expect to see any change.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's absolutely staggering, some of the pony he comes out with is on a par with Boris. He's not going to fix this set piece issue either? That will be his downfall as he's promised he will and there's no hiding place.

He's reverted to type on talking rubbish. You'd have thought it was satirical if you'd read someone type what he came out with earlier.

I want to be optimistic about this season but I'm presented no reason beyond "we have less games" that we will be, and I really don't think it's that simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

more developed physically?
Was the whole game against the development squad then?

i could’ve sworn 7 out of 11 were Prem players in the first half 

8 if you include Iverson promoted to the first team squad this season.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

more developed physically?
Was the whole game against the development squad then?

i could’ve sworn 7 out of 11 were Prem players in the first half 

8 if you include Iverson promoted to the first team squad this season.

You're right. Our first team players taken off at half time should have defended the second goal better. 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Bit of a misconception everyone going on about goals scored, coincidentally Brendan mentioned that to Danny Simpson when talking about the full back positions in the interview post match.

What seems to be forgotten is the 6th worst defensive record including shipping 6 more than Burnley who were relegated 

Talking of misconceptions, here’s a reminder of the number of games we were without some of our defenders….
Fofana 31

Justin 26

Ricardo 24

Evans 20

Castagne 11

Soyuncu 10

• Like 3

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I doubt the actual football itself will change but I think that having less football will mean less rotation and hopefully less injuries, which means being able to put out our strongest teams more often and meaning we should actually be able to pick up some better results in the league than last season

Yes those players who lack the necessary hunger can play more often now 

I just can’t see how things will change unless we make some significant signings. Can see us just continuing the horrific football of last season. I really do hope I’m

wrong though and want BR to sort us out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Yep. 

He's made some spurious commentary about culture and now not having injured players is going to make us very good. 

I’ve never bought into this rebuild rubbish, ever. He clearly said it to cover his own backside. 
I’ve got much more faith in the players than I have the gaffer. 23 players don’t suddenly become crap overnight. It’s always been down to how they’ve been managed and the constraints placed upon the team on matchdays. 

And we’ve not got any injured players because we’ve not played a proper game yet 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’ve never bought into this rebuild rubbish, ever. He clearly said it to cover his own backside. 
I’ve got much more faith in the players than I have the gaffer. 23 players don’t suddenly become crap overnight. It’s always been down to how they’ve been managed and the constraints placed upon the team on matchdays. 

And we’ve not got any injured players because we’ve not played a proper game yet 😂

The mental gymnastics some go on here to protect the character of Rodgers is wild. 

Some people entirely tolerated that 'happy just to be here until I arrived' drivel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The mental gymnastics some go on here to protect the character of Rodgers is wild. 

Some people entirely tolerated that 'happy just to be here until I arrived' drivel. 

I know.

I genuinely can’t say a lot anymore about him as I’m being heavily moderated 😂 (even when my comments are sincere and not total pis*staking)

Ive honestly never known so many people believe one manager so much though. If Rodgers said Santa was real I’d half expect some to start repeating it. It’s not just folk on FT in fairness, my friends are taken in by it too, and my bosses at work. I wonder how many Rodgers type excuses I could get away with at work before my bosses found me out and realised I’ve just been blagging them for ages 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I know.

I genuinely can’t say a lot anymore about him as I’m being heavily moderated 😂 (even when my comments are sincere and not total pis*staking)

Ive honestly never known so many people believe one manager so much though. If Rodgers said Santa was real I’d half expect some to start repeating it. It’s not just folk on FT in fairness, my friends are taken in by it too, and my bosses at work. I wonder how many Rodgers type excuses I could get away with at work before my bosses found me out and realised I’ve just been blagging them for ages 🤷🏻‍♂️

My boss would be fuming if I made a comment about the place treading water and not having any ambition until I arrived. 

Rightly so. 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2022 at 16:39, FoxyLeon said:

"Reconnect with our Culture" is just more proof of him taking the piss out of all those who are delusional enough to back him.

He's the man who ruined our Culture....

He's the man who brought in Congerton to replace a recruitment culture that was the envy of Europe....

He's the man who has brought division amongst the fans that we haven't seen under this ownership.

Do you not remember Claude Puel? Hell, it even kicked off when we were bottom of the league under Pearson. 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have never seen someone so focused on being negative about a person at the club before either tbf (except maybe one other person...)

Makes it hard to take any of your posts regarding Rodgers seriously though when you have stated that you could never ever like him, just means there will be a massive amount of bias in whatever you write

Not really

It probably gets overlooked but I’ve said several times that he’s been good for leicester overall. Nobody can say differently. He also gave me the best day of my life at Wembley. 

That doesn’t mean that I think he’s right for us any more, nor that I have to like him as a person (from how he portrays himself- obviously I don’t know him personally) 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox