Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’ll wait til we’re 10 games in and still dire to come back and laugh at the blind faith 

RODGERS TILL I DIE RODDGERS TILL I  DIE. <3 #2027 #EXTENSIONPLEASE

Just now, Jimmy said:

he spent 6 months telling the players in public they weren't good enough and he wanted to get them out and replace them, knowing the club couldn't do it to cover his arse, I doubt the players are fully invested with him now having seen that

Take your point but they were for the rest of the season. Managed a slight recovery from our position at the time. For example they were clearly working hard v Rennes home and away a month later post that comment 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Take your point but they were for the rest of the season. Managed a slight recovery from our position at the time. For example they were clearly working hard v Rennes home and away a month later post that comment 

I don't think the players as a collective have once looked like they're not playing for Rodgers. There were plenty of opportunities to just give up and take a pasting, but like you say, they always look like they've wanted to play for him and have dug him/themselves out of a fair few holes.

• Like 4

Just now, filbertway said:

I don't think the players as a collective have once looked like they're not playing for Rodgers. There were plenty of opportunities to just give up and take a pasting, but like you say, they always look like they've wanted to play for him and have dug him/themselves out of a fair few holes.

It’s something I can’t quite put my finger on really. How does a team show some occasional bollocks last season - Liverpool at home, PSV and Rennes away and then at times completely shit themselves !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

That's the main thing that kept me in the Rodgers in camp, they seem to believe in him and play for him.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s something I can’t quite put my finger on really. How does a team show some occasional bollocks last season - Liverpool at home, PSV and Rennes away and then at times completely shit themselves !

I think @filbertway has hit the nail on head, we don't handle the pressure of being favourites, Villa league Cup Semi, 19/20 and 20/21 run in etc.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

mate I didn't say they weren't working hard I just don't think they belive in him like they once did, the mask has slipped they will do their jobs as pros but only takes a 5% subconscious drop to dramatically effect results

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

mate I didn't say they weren't working hard I just don't think they belive in him like they once did, the mask has slipped they will do their jobs as pros but only takes a 5% subconscious drop to dramatically effect results

We saw with Puel what it is really like when the players don't believe in / want to play for the manager and just "half arse" it

A couple of players may be like that now for other reasons (contracts, personal life etc.) but on the whole I don't think the majority of the squad have stopped believing in him yet

Edited by moore_94

Guest ttfn

He said: "The challenge for next year is to build a team that can get through the rough waters as well and that is going to be critical for us.

"We've got a lot of fantastic players but when it is tough we have to get through that and if we want to make a challenge like we did last year, that is what we have to do.

"The challenge for me until the end of pre-season is to rebuild a group that can get through. The players here have given their best to meet that challenge but we have to refocus again and look to improve the squad."

Brendan Rodgers 2015

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Certain posters think my view of Rodgers is warped by my dislike of him. The reality is their view of Rodgers is warped by their love for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nevermind 

You may be shocked to discover that there will always be people that do not share your opinion on pretty much every topic

Seemingly the people who matter the most regarding the topic of Rodgers do not share your opinion to boot him out now, as he still has a job with there being 0 rumours of him “hanging on” etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Certain posters think my view of Rodgers is warped by my dislike of him. The reality is their view of Rodgers is warped by their love for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nevermind 

Mate, absolutely nothing has changed since the last day of the season, and yet you're on here everyday telling we should all want him gone. 

You're entitled to your opinion, but we all know it now. How about giving it a rest until something new actually happens?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You may be shocked to discover that there will always be people that do not share your opinion on pretty much every topic

Seemingly the people who matter the most regarding the topic of Rodgers do not share your opinion to boot him out now, as he still has a job with there being 0 rumours of him “hanging on” etc.

There were quite strong rumours after the Forest game actually. And even then, it all boils down to the cost of sacking him, rather than having faith in him. That’s my belief anyway 

Guest Kopfkino

I’m starting to think he should be sacked just so something interesting happens this summer.

Not entirely convinced anyone still works for the club who could either sack him or replace him mind.

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

There were quite strong rumours after the Forest game actually. And even then, it all boils down to the cost of sacking him, rather than having faith in him. That’s my belief anyway 

That was also 5 months ago and wasn't really coming from any kind of reputable source - I think I remember a few ITK's on here saying it but even then it is something you have to take with a pinch of salt

John Percy came out with at the same time that he had backing from the board and him being sacked wasn't even a consideration

It could be down to how much it would cost, but the thing is right now there isn't anything to suggest that either

Edited by moore_94

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That was also 5 months ago and wasn't really coming from any kind of reputable source - I think I remember a few ITK's on here saying it but even then it is something you have to take with a pinch of salt

John Percy came out with at the same time that he had backing from the board

It could be down to how much it would cost, but the thing is right now there isn't anything to suggest that either

The lack of transfers currently also point at lack of funds. Which is no surprise at all really given King Power and Covid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The lack of transfers currently also point at lack of funds. Which is no surprise at all really given King Power and Covid. 

I think we need to stop with the stadium extension (if it is still going ahead) as the team itself is much more important 

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

With that I personally think it is a combination of 2 things

1. The squad is so bloated at the moment and the club don't want to risk going into the season with multiple players not registered in the squad and not leaving, so would be sat just collecting £££ every week until at least January

2. We don't really have the money to spend much without a sale as is pretty usual for us, but I think we could possibly have a net spend of about £10-20m but after that anything has to be funded by outgoings, so basically enough for probably 1 player in initially

But until 1. is sorted and some outgoings at least moving along, I don't think we will see any movement in unfortunately

Rather annoying that seemingly no one wants to bid for Youri and Soyuncu right now, and Torino look to be lowballing us for Praet

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

If we honestly don't have much money then it's unthinkable for us to be in a position where we don't cash in on a player for big money 2 seasons on the spin or somehow let Tielemans and Soyuncu run their contracts down.i know we can't always have it our own way but it shows our decision making has faltered and we're now in a tricky spot. 

If 75% of the players out of contract next summer go and a couple of them are key players + trying to clear the likes of Praet, Vestergaard, Soumare and having the nightmare of Ndidi, Iheanacho and possibly Maddison (although think we can be reasonably sure we have an extra year on him) then have only a year left then we're looking at needing 10+ new players and something daft like £100-150m minimum to fund it. 

That is outrageous, it could genuinely rip us apart. If Vardy, Evans and Schmeichel go too then it's breathtaking.

We are facing a monumental next 12 months with a manager who hasn't ever been part of a successful rebuild at the clubs he's made his name at. 

The good times could well be over, its very much in the balance. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we honestly don't have much money then it's unthinkable for us to be in a position where we don't cash in on a player for big money 2 seasons on the spin or somehow let Tielemans and Soyuncu run their contracts down.i know we can't always have it our own way but it shows our decision making has faltered and we're now in a tricky spot. 

If 75% of the players out of contract next summer go and a couple of them are key players + trying to clear the likes of Praet, Vestergaard, Soumare and having the nightmare of Ndidi, Iheanacho and possibly Maddison (although think we can be reasonably sure we have an extra year on him) then have only a year left then we're looking at needing 10+ new players and something daft like £100-150m minimum to fund it. 

That is outrageous, it could genuinely rip us apart. If Vardy, Evans and Schmeichel go too then it's breathtaking.

We are facing a monumental next 12 months with a manager who hasn't ever been part of a successful rebuild at the clubs he's made his name at. 

I am afraid to agree, I think we have had our time in the sun and now on the decline which happens with most clubs at the size of ours 

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I am afraid to agree, I think we have had our time in the sun and now on the decline which happens with most clubs at the size of ours 

Let's hope we can pull a rabbit out the hat, if there's one club that can it's us. I almost can't be that annoyed as its not so if we've done too much wrong but you have to be so proactive and so faultless in your forward planning that it all gets too much eventually. We won't always have Vardy to bail us out either.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If 75% of the players out of contract next summer go and a couple of them are key players + trying to clear the likes of Praet, Vestergaard, Soumare and having the nightmare of Ndidi, Iheanacho and possibly Maddison (although think we can be reasonably sure we have an extra year on him) then we're looking at needing 10+ new players and something daft like £100-150m minimum to fund it. 

I think next summer we could see quite a few younger players brought into the first team squad to try and cover off some of the players leaving

I am hoping/expecting players such as Stolarczyk, Nelson, Brunt, Braybrooke, Madivadua, Maswanhise all get loans this season, and then if they impress enough could be in and around the first team squad next season (especially Nelson and Braybrooke)

I think if he impresses enough this pre-season then there is a chance Wright will be in the 25 man squad this season, seemingly Brunt as well as has been mentioned on here (but I am not sure myself if he is quite ready)

Of those players you have spoken about being out of contract next summer I think the only ones who will definitely sign extensions are Evans (1 year) and Vardy (2 years)

I do think Soyuncu, Tielemans, and Choudhury will be gone this summer

Then Schmeichel, Bertrand, Mendy, Perez to all leave on a free next summer

Amartey is the one I am actually not too sure on!

When as you mentioned we could also see players like Vestergaard, Soumare, Praet and maybe even Iheanacho leave this summer, we could be looking at a possibly very small squad next summer

Although hopefully if we do see those 6 or 7 players leave this summer, it would at least give us a bit of money to bring in a few new players

• Like 3