Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

As any physicist will tell you, that’s a Mickey Mouse competition that isn’t worth bothering with.

Physicists? I've shat better. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

9th  was Puels peak, 8th is Rodgers lowest. Brendan has also won twice at Wembley. 

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Puel didn't have two top 5 finishes and an FA Cup. Nor did he have the same injury crisis/COVID insanity.

I guess.

I mean getting two top 5 finishes and two Wembley wins would be impressive in just over 1 season.

Just now, Matt said:

I guess.

I mean getting two top 5 finishes and two Wembley wins would be impressive in just over 1 season.

You and I are both disappointed he got that long. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

You and I are both disappointed he got that long. 

We’ll agree there.

Which is why I’m so puzzled you in particular beat the drum for Rodgers turgid, slow, sideways football which is almost identical.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

We’ll agree there.

Which is why I’m so puzzled you in particular beat the drum for Rodgers turgid, slow, sideways football which is almost identical.

Brendan's more successful with it. 

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Was no Puel fan, but they walked into two very different teams 

Did they? Apparently Brendan is only successful with the players he's inherited. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Finishing 9th wasn’t good enough for you under Puel….

Puel wasn't' sack for finishing 9th, he was sacked because he had lost the players and on a run of 1 win in 8 in the league, including 6 loses.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Brendan's more successful with it. 

Is it really that simple?

I mean you’ve just said me and you both were both disappointed Puel got aslong as he did but in the same breath it can be argued he didn’t get long enough.

So I’m not buying it’s that simple.

35 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Did they? Apparently Brendan is only successful with the players he's inherited. 

FWIW Puel did a great job off the field in hindsight.

Listen, this turgid, sideways, slow, laborious football isn’t a problem exclusive to Brendan Rodgers or Leicester City, it’s a problem with football in general, it’s why I’ve had to have some time away, it’s not the game I fell in love with, I’m not bothered anymore, most teams play in this one size fits all style, it’s boring, I’ve never felt so disillusioned and disconnected from “my” club, the game, that’s what hurts, that’s what winds me up! Lol 

It doesn’t mean however we should just put up with it and follow what 95% of other teams do and believe it’s “how the game should be played”. Be an exception. 

The way we continue, the way this summer is going it feels very much like we’re writing the season off before it’s even begun and with that I have to question how the club is being run.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

A lot of truth in that, but the point is Brendan walked into a lot better team than the one puel did

And will Brendan's replacement walk into a better one than Brendan did? I think we all know the answer.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

The way we continue, the way this summer is going it feels very much like we’re writing the season off before it’s even begun and with that I have to question how the club is being run

Who's doing that? Those that back Rodgers or those that don't? 

To me, those that are willing to give Rodgers a chance, are definitely NOT writing this season off. 

Those that are willing to get rid of him clearly don't care about the results or justification for it for as long as Rodgers is there.

Personally, not a chance I'm writing this season off. Hopefully a less intense season with a more regular squad and line up will prove to be good for us. I have faith that we have some very good players at the club that can challenge and compete like we want them to. I'm certainly not writing this season off just because Rodgers is in charge. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

I mean you’ve just said me and you both were both disappointed Puel got aslong as he did but in the same breath it can be argued he didn’t get long enough.

Listen, this turgid, sideways, slow, laborious football isn’t a problem exclusive to Brendan Rodgers or Leicester City, it’s a problem with football in general, it’s why I’ve had to have some time away, it’s not the game I fell in love with, I’m not bothered anymore, most teams play in this one size fits all style, it’s boring, I’ve never felt so disillusioned and disconnected from “my” club, the game, that’s what hurts, that’s what winds me up! Lol 

It doesn’t mean however we should just put up with it and follow what 95% of other teams do and believe it’s “how the game should be played”. Be an exception. 

The way we continue, the way this summer is going it feels very much like we’re writing the season off before it’s even begun and with that I have to question how the club is being run.

Im not writing season off, I think we'll do well in the cups or finish around 6th,hopefully both. 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

To me, those that are willing to give Rodgers a chance, are definitely NOT writing this season off. 

Those that are willing to get rid of him clearly don't care about the results or justification for it for as long as Rodgers is there.

Personally, not a chance I'm writing this season off. Hopefully a less intense season with a more regular squad and line up will prove to be good for us. I have faith that we have some very good players at the club that can challenge and compete like we want them to. I'm certainly not writing this season off just because Rodgers is in charge. 

Maybe some are of that inclination, but isn't the thought primarily that our form has been suffering for one and a half seasons without any signs (so far) of this slump abating? Add to that the fact that 1. set piece management has been atrocious and unaddressed for far too long, 2. we have become one of the least resilient sides in the league, 3. management of the squad has been increasingly poor (both in terms of rotation and contracts/transfers), 4. we seem to swing from injury crisis to injury crisis, and 5. have endured some truly dreadful performances and results. All of this has happened under BR's tenure and some of these issues seem to be getting worse not better. 

As you can tell, I shifted towards BR-out towards the end of the last campaign but given that he is here for next season, I do hope that he is able to turn it around. I do not think that there is much evidence (so far) to expect that he will but I hope nonetheless. Some fans are freaking out given BR's comments about the rebuild and since it appears as though no rebuilding is currently going on. Of course, there might be quite a lot going on behind closed doors that we are not privy too but it is still some cause for concern when this was used as an excuse for coming up short last season. If he doesn't get the rebuild that he wants, what will he blame next? I also worry how we will replace players who might leave on a free or for low fees with similarly capable replacements, especially given some of the names that we have been recently linked to. There is still time in the window but it would've been good to get these players in earlier on - I suppose that isn't always possible when we are waiting for players to leave first.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Tbf, the highest Pearson ever finished was 14th, the lowest Rodgers has ever finished is 8th and he's won a cup and qualified for Europe twice. 

Tbf. the highest Pearson ever finished was 1st twice - in the division we were in at the time.

Tbf. Ranieri took us to the PL title and CL qualification

Tbf. Shakey took us to the CL quarter-finals.

So, despite having a bigger budget, Brendan is under-performing 3 out of our last 4 managers - and the other manager (Puel) is the one who acquired most of our best players.:thumbup: :whistle: 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

You make some Good points, a few Sports have Too many clever idiots...

One reason Why I follow some Women sports..which also by the way have self-opinionated individual idiots, who tell & Don t ask..!!

But Women sports still have those Innocent highly motivated competitors for their sporting spirits...I

But One lives in hope...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Our manager "announced he doesn't rate a sizeable proportion of our squad" after the most embarrassing defeat of his tenure. It was understandable, and the players needed to hear it. 

Yes but it’s nothing more than words unless there’s a real prospect of actually shifting them. Unless there’s a genuine strategy to selling them. Brendan also said after Forest (or was it before?) the club was fully focussed on the summer transfer window - as events have unfolded (or not) - just what were they focussed on? BR raised the prospect of a fresh start with new players knowing we’d be starting with a squad of 28 which would need to be cut to 25 before anyone new could come in. So if that doesn’t happen that’s entirely on him.

At the same time, much of the deadwood were given other hints the manager doesn't rate them: Mostly because he doesn't play them. Again yes but is this the best way of building up squad players so other clubs might want to buy them? Clubs who might fancy them will be at a lower level than us so will be able to afford less. 

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Well I quite agree, although as ever I think people such as yourself wilfully overstate how many people actually think that.

It’s on here day in day out, because I’m arguing against it seemingly constantly. 

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I call B.S. Hamza never had a  move stopped by the manager. Only because deals fell through.

My main point is this: Not every thing wrong at the club is Rodgers fault -- some people on this forum literally blame him for everything.

If you hate his personality. Fine. If you hate his tactics. Fine. If you hate his signings. Fine. If you want him gone. Fine.

But so many on this forum willfully take his words out of context; blame him for things not in his context; and just want to cast him in the worst light possible, it's insane. We have people who seem to want the manager to fail, and their BS is just a cancer for the club. (This is not to say there is anything wrong with a Rodgers Out stance; it's just an attitude they would rather he fail than succeed that I can't stand.)

....not sure where this is coming from, what I said was Rudkin tried to get them both out the door, I said nothing about Rodgers stopping them from going out the door!!!

I said circumstances prevented them from leaving, If I believed it was Rodgers I would have said so!!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I'm talking the club.

Hence my comments regarding "and with that I have to question how the club is being run."

For me the club either get rid at the end of last season or they back him this summer - It seems to me they've done/doing neither - of course it remains to be seen.

I see no change in style of play forthcoming and that is where my issues mainly lie.

I don't read much into friendlies, they're about fitness, nothing more nothing less, however the fact the friendly on Saturday was largely made up of youngsters and our defending was exactly the same, the mistake were exactly the same, speaks volumes of training set ups and set alarm bells ringing already.

It made me laugh the other day when I tuned into Radio Leicester for the first time in months and that Owynn was talking about Rodgers high press, intensity and fast play, It reminded me why I hadn't listened for month, I had to switch it off immediately. 

The return of Ndidi will help us with style of play as it means Youri (assuming he stays) or his replacement can focus on dictating play and picking passes. However we definitely need to bring in a RW to improve our assists / goals.

Youri will be motivated if he stays with the WC. We just need to ensure we don’t get caught in the same drinkwater situation where he looks to move late in the window and we aren’t prepared.

Where Brendan needs to earn his money is organizing the defence / dealing with set plays.

Edited by JimmyC74

8 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

The return of Ndidi will help us with style of play as it means Youri (assuming he stays) or his replacement can focus on dictating play and picking passes. However we definitely need to bring in a RW to improve our assists / goals.

Youri will be motivated if he stays with the WC. We just need to ensure we don’t get caught in the same drinkwater situation where he looks to move late in the window and we aren’t prepared.

Where Brendan needs to earn his money is organizing the defence / dealing with set plays.

Except brendan never thinks he has anything to do..... he is polishing his cv and list of excuses