Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Why are we the only club out of the 20 in the league that can't afford to sign players?

I think we're stuck because we pay high wages to players who wouldn't get it elsewhere.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Why are we the only club out of the 20 in the league that can't afford to sign players?

Probably due to the stadium expansion situation and the pandemic hitting the King Power company hard?

20 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I call B.S. Hamza never had a  move stopped by the manager. Only because deals fell through.

My main point is this: Not every thing wrong at the club is Rodgers fault -- some people on this forum literally blame him for everything.

If you hate his personality. Fine. If you hate his tactics. Fine. If you hate his signings. Fine. If you want him gone. Fine.

But so many on this forum willfully take his words out of context; blame him for things not in his context; and just want to cast him in the worst light possible, it's insane. We have people who seem to want the manager to fail, and their BS is just a cancer for the club. (This is not to say there is anything wrong with a Rodgers Out stance; it's just an attitude they would rather he fail than succeed that I can't stand.)

I’ve not read any of this thread but what you say is so true and so visible across life. You see so many examples of people cutting off their nose to spite their face, just so they can say ‘seeee I was right all along!!!’ When in fact no one cares and all have their own definition of ‘right’

There is a whining old bloke who sits near me who will be delighted if we lose the first 5 games and Rodgers goes. But no one will see him as the oracle who knew Rodgers was a fraud all along and suddenly hang on his every word, but still as a strange weird egotistical freak. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It wasn't buying himself time, though. He was never going to be sacked last season under the adversity that we faced due to different circumstances. 

The only thing that's fascinating is the amount our fans read into his comments in the media. He was right - the squad does need a refresh soon, a lot of players with short-term contracts or back-ups who will never be starters. BR can't force clubs to make moves for those that the club would like gone as part of the refresh. It's not just as simple as "Rodgers said this so it should have happened, it hasn't happened yet, so he's a liar" - you've got to look at all the factors at play. 

I know the situation. We've signed a lot of dross and handed out big contracts to average players in his time here. Which is why most of them will have to walk on a free next summer. 

If he's aware of that, then why sell a refresh to the fans (straight after a heavy loss to rivals in a lower division)? Why do you think he chose to only mention it at that point and not earlier?

Surely a man of his experience in the game would have been aware it'd be difficult to shift these players. We've been trying to get rid of Hamza for 2 seasons already.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

A lot of 'i think' in this piece. 

Basically just an opinion piece really and doesn't tell us anything more than we already know from programme notes and soundbites. 

“Nothing we don’t already know……”yet the narrative on here is Rodgers is a bull5hitter who has upset the board and owners hence why no signings, that’s some serious reading between the lines.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I know the situation. We've signed a lot of dross and handed out big contracts to average players in his time here. Which is why most of them will have to walk on a free next summer. 

If he's aware of that, then why sell a refresh to the fans (straight after a heavy loss to rivals in a lower division)? Why do you think he chose to only mention it at that point and not earlier?

Surely a man of his experience in the game would have been aware it'd be difficult to shift these players. We've been trying to get rid of Hamza for 2 seasons already.

I think you look to deeply at what has been said and look to twist it to suit your own narrative. 
When Rodgers spoke of the refresh/rebuild he was more than likely well aware that Soyuncu and Tielemans would be leaving, he would also have been aware that Mendy, Choudhury, Perez, Praet were not in his plans and would be leaving the club. There were even some talk at the time that Kasper wanted to return to Denmark and play in the CL.
I don’t think he would have, nor did any of us expect the club would have found it as challenging as they have to move on players, especially Soyuncu, Tielemans and Praet. 

If and when these guys leave, it would have required 4 or 5 new signings at least   - 6 if you count Lookman or a replacement for Lookman.

I don’t think the talk of a refresh/rebuild was bullshit or covering for anything, it’s where we looked to be as a club. 

We know we can’t afford to bring in the replacements until these players move on. The starting 11 is good, but we do need to move on some of the players who either don’t want to be here, or aren’t at the required level for where we want to be.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 12:50, coolhandfox said:

9 players out of contract in 22/23

Soyuncu, Tieleman, Evans, Vardy, Amartey, Perez, Choudhury, Mendy, Kasper, likelihood only two sign extensions (Evans, Vardy) and you don't think we need a refresh?

Whether happens, whoever is in charge, the squad is going to need an overhaul.

Or employ a manager the existing players are happy under and aren’t regressing under. At a fraction of the cost of an overhaul 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Soyuncu: Doesn't want to be here (apparently), 1 year left

Youri: As above 

Evans: 34 years old 

Vardy: 35 years old 

Amartey: Not good enough

Perez: Only good enough to be a squad player, wages are excessive

Choudhury: Not good enough

Mendy: Not good enough

Kasper: 35 years old 

Ah but yes replacing the manager is the easy solution... 

Of course they’re good enough with the exception of Perez

You can’t tell me we should be happy with last season, that Leicester can’t compete with the Big 6, yet then tell me we should have 22 first team players. 

54 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Or employ a manager the existing players are happy under and aren’t regressing under. At a fraction of the cost of an overhaul 

I think it’s mental you believe the layers are regressing under. Almost every player in that squad has played the best football of their career under Rodgers. Soyuncu, Fofana, Ricardo, Justin, Ndidi, Youri, KDH, Madders, Barnes, Vardy easily imo, could probably make a case for Evans too. One of Rodgers’ best qualities is his coaching and being able to bring the best out of players, particularly young players. The fact you’d said otherwise just stinks of bias to me.

Look at the Liverpool players a couple of years ago under klopp, they only just scraped 4th place and went on one of their worst losing streaks for years. Alison was making errors almost every game. Were the players regressing? Or where they just in bad form? 

if our players have another season of the same then you could argue it, but so far most of them have been at their best under him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I think it’s mental you believe the layers are regressing under. Almost every player in that squad has played the best football of their career under Rodgers. Soyuncu, Fofana, Ricardo, Justin, Ndidi, Youri, KDH, Madders, Barnes, Vardy easily imo, could probably make a case for Evans too. One of Rodgers’ best qualities is his coaching and being able to bring the best out of players, particularly young players. The fact you’d said otherwise just stinks of bias to me.

Look at the Liverpool players a couple of years ago under klopp, they only just scraped 4th place and went on one of their worst losing streaks for years. Alison was making errors almost every game. Were the players regressing? Or where they just in bad form? 

if our players have another season of the same then you could argue it, but so far most of them have been at their best under him. 

The best thing Rodgers has done here is extend Vardy’s career and still make him our biggest threat at 35, as well as bring on the likes of JJ who I think is exceptional and Barnes who is also exceptional on his day.

But you can’t tell me Barnes has progressed since his injury. He’s regressed. What about Iheanacho? On fire towards the back end of the season before last, now totally out of the picture. Youri? Absolutely pants this year. Cags? The same.

I’m not trying to have my cake and eat it, our players are cracking players with the odd exception. I think the squad is the strongest of my lifetime too. That’s based on how the players can perform, not how those above have been performing last season. There’s a difference. And basically I blame one person for their downturn in form rather than it being all the players all turning pants all at one time. 

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The best thing Rodgers has done here is extend Vardy’s career and still make him our biggest threat at 35, as well as bring on the likes of JJ who I think is exceptional and Barnes who is also exceptional on his day.

But you can’t tell me Barnes has progressed since his injury. He’s regressed. What about Iheanacho? On fire towards the back end of the season before last, now totally out of the picture. Youri? Absolutely pants this year. Cags? The same.

I’m not trying to have my cake and eat it, our players are cracking players with the odd exception. I think the squad is the strongest of my lifetime too. That’s based on how the players can perform, not how those above have been performing last season. There’s a difference. And basically I blame one person for their downturn in form rather than it being all the players all turning pants all at one time. 

I didn’t say all those players were improving all the time, I said They’ve played the best football of their career, under Rodgers tenure, which is true. 

Just because players have had a bad season doesn’t mean they’re now crap. If it did, Vardy would only have lasted one season here.

All the players haven’t turned crap, madders and KdH have just had the seasons of their lives. Or did Rodgers just not coach those 2 this year?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I didn’t say all those players were improving all the time, I said They’ve played the best football of their career, under Rodgers tenure, which is true. 

Just because players have had a bad season doesn’t mean they’re now crap. If it did, Vardy would only have lasted one season here.

All the players haven’t turned crap, madders and KdH have just had the seasons of their lives. Or did Rodgers just not coach those 2 this year?

I think we give either too much credit or make up faults on coaches/managers.

KDH at Blackpool then Luton has shown progression that you could say is linear.

Madders from Rodgers own admission said that he had a word with him after Madders proactively asked for help/improvement on his game.

In a nutshell - it’s a bit of player motivation and manager input hence why players form peaks and troughs.

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

They’ve played the best football because Rodgers is very good at bringing players in and inheriting what he has. That’s where his positives end though. 

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Soyuncu: Doesn't want to be here (apparently), 1 year left

Youri: As above 

Evans: 34 years old 

Vardy: 35 years old 

Amartey: Not good enough

Perez: Only good enough to be a squad player, wages are excessive

Choudhury: Not good enough

Mendy: Not good enough

Kasper: 35 years old 

Ah but yes replacing the manager is the easy solution... 

Whats with the Mendy hate lately? Surely he is good enough for his current role, which is as a back up dm/squad player. 

Fair enough if he doesn’t sign a contract we should consider selling instead of losing him for free, but to say he’s not good enough is a bit of a stretch. He improved after his return from afcon last season and we missed him against Roma. 

He is experienced and is a good fit for Brendan’s 4-3-3 system.

In an ideal world we would sign Sangare and rotate him with Wilf. In our current situation however, Papy is more than good enough to step in when Wilf is unavailable. 

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Whats with the Mendy hate lately? Surely he is good enough for his current role, which is as a back up dm/squad player. 

Fair enough if he doesn’t sign a contract we should consider selling instead of losing him for free, but to say he’s not good enough is a bit of a stretch. He improved after his return from afcon last season and we missed him against Roma. 

He is experienced and is a good fit for Brendan’s 4-3-3 system.

In an ideal world we would sign Sangare and rotate him with Wilf. In our current situation however, Papy is more than good enough to step in when Wilf is unavailable. 

He biggest issue is lack of physicality for me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He biggest issue is lack of physicality for me.

I was just about to say - Soumare was brought in to add physicality to the middle of the pitch after seeing Mendy get bullied numerous times in the 20/21 season. 

Mendy is a tidy player but if we can get a small fee it wouldn’t be a bad bit of business considering we NEED to trim the squad.

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

They’ve played the best football because Rodgers is very good at bringing players in and inheriting what he has. That’s where his positives end though. 

Christ mate, you really are getting boring. You’ve turned in to everything you hate about those people who blindly happy clap the manager without question!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I get that you’re not keen on Rodgers anymore mate but that’s too harsh even for me.

When you think about it, we’re a perfect fit for each other - I am trying to be calm/rationale without being a blind Rodgers follower.

If he gets us playing high tempo, high pressing football again like his first two seasons….all his shit interviews, big salary etc will all quickly be forgotten.

Or, the alternative is that he underperforms and his position becomes more at risk….we WILL not get relegated so perhaps last season is a two year blip with next summer (as others have said) is the real refresh when we can actually trim the fat anyway.