Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

A terrific picture showing “reconnection”, Rodgers is a genius, Premier League Champions 22/23 incoming.

7-FD60-A33-7-FD0-49-D3-9-D8-F-ACDB90-F9-

This is how the club is dealing with our problems from corners - we are going to line up like this in the 6 yard box.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I'm not going to be quite as optimistic as you;) but I do feel a good season coming:cool:

What you on about, we’re clearly going to be next season’s Everton mate.

21 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

This is how the club is dealing with our problems from corners - we are going to line up like this in the 6 yard box.

A set of ice tools and some snowballs should put the opposition off.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's all all downhill from here.

Downhill, more like uphill mate.

That picture shows clear evidence of “reconnecting”.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I thought they were supposed to be in Evian on an intensive Training program to sort out set pieces, not on a Skiing Holiday.

Walking up a mountain is probably a decent workout to be fair.

Also it's a good chance for all the new lads to know each other :ph34r: 

Rudkin bought non-refundable tickets.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I thought they were supposed to be in Evian on an intensive Training program to sort out set pieces, not on a Skiing Holiday.

I know we've not got much money but even we wouldn't send our players skiing without giving them any skis.

It's a fitness and team bonding exercise with the added benefit of giving them a change of scenery. They're hardly going to jet out to France for a week to then spend all day every day practicing corners are they?

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 12:34, Webbo said:

Having a weaker team is just an excuse, I've read that on here many times. 

Ok so we established you think the strength of the team doesnt matter, then why do you support the manager saying we are delusional to want a European qualifying finish?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Ok so we established you think the strength of the team doesnt matter, then why do you support the manager saying we are delusional to want a European qualifying finish?

Did he actually say we are delusional to want a European qualifying finish? Have you got an exact quote for that?

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Eh? 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

With modern sport the strength of the team actually isn't that important anymore (within reason). It's all about whats going on psychologically. We saw that with our team last year. 

Yet we sacked the psychologist.   

Personally I think a psychologist should start with Brendan.   He must feel uncomfortable dissing players and deflecting blame in order  to polish his own narrative.   

In my experience some offenders look forward to the relief of being caught.

When police raided the home of the art forger john myatt he let them in saying "Here you are at last, I've been waiting for you" and asked if they could wait till he had got the kids off to school before ransacking the house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

With modern sport the strength of the team actually isn't that important anymore (within reason). It's all about whats going on psychologically. We saw that with our team last year. 

.. I really do not believe  Barcelona, Liverpool,  AC Milan, PSG all see things that way!!!

I would think they would stop spending and bring in a psychologist and save themselves a fortune. 

Every team strives to improve, and that would mean acquiring better players. Should we offload Maddison and Tielemans and fail to replace Soyuncu,  what would that say to Fofana, he would be looking for a way out, because  he would perceive that we lack ambition, due to having a much weakened squad. Bringing in the U23s to fill those roles and telling him, that we are just as strong will not work.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I really do not believe  Barcelona, Liverpool,  AC Milan, PSG all see things that way!!!

I would think they would stop spending and bring in a psychologist and save themselves a fortune. 

Every team strives to improve, and that would mean acquiring better players. Should we offload Maddison and Tielemans and fail to replace Soyuncu,  what would that say to Fofana, he would be looking for a way out, because  he would perceive that we lack ambition, due to having a much weakened squad. Bringing in the U23s to fill those roles and telling him, that we are just as strong will not work.

Thats probably why he says 'within reason' - at the top level ability is much of a muchness, they're all absolutely class. Look at Liverpool and how much they drone on about 'mentality monsters' they have fought their way out of many a tight spot. Similarly look at man city. In the 76th minute of the last day they were 2 down and about to throw away the title. 5 mins later 3-2 up and cruising. This is down to the hard work the clubs do with regards to psychology IMO. Its not a fashionable opinion as a fan of the non-top 6 but i think Wenger, Fergie, Klopp and Pep are modern day greats, their success isnt down to luck, sheer ability, genius and hard work.