Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I see our Norn Iron dwarf is giving mental gymnastics again. As I’ve repeatedly said, no point getting frustrated when we have the following factors

1) Managers don’t get sacked in pre season unless there’s a fallout or manager walks 

2) Club have to pay approx £8 to 10 million to sack him. That’s of the clubs making rather than Rodgers. 

3) Anyone denying that a rebuild or squad management is needed is living in an ignorant bubble that doesn’t acknowledge 7 first teamers contracts expiring in two years, a wage bill very high and a revenue reduction forthcoming, Adding £10m to the loss in sacking Rodgers is going to make that any easier 

4) Club conscious of protecting their reputation. Media and agents just see 5th, 5th and 8th with a cup win. 

• Like 1

If there wasn’t evidence before that people now just have an agenda against Rodgers - there is now! Why on earth does this thread keep going “hot” when we’re not actually playing?

We should clearly be pointing fingers in the direction of the suits and recruitment team. What is exactly going on with the finances and lack of recruitment? How are we supporting the manager and what are our realistic expectations if we’re not going to give him any additional players to work with. 

Presumably, with no new signings (and losing Lookman and, probably, Tielemans) we’re not really expecting to challenge for Europe are we? Unless we see a few others coming in over the remaining weeks of the transfer window I don’t see that as being viable target. There is no doubt, however, that we’ll all be blaming Rodgers when other teams (who have blown us out of the water with their spending) occupy the top seven places in the table 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Why do people waffle on about a psychologist (employee for two days a week) that was let go by Ranieri and use it as a stick to beat Rodgers? 

Why would you not want players to sharpen their focus and set aside their worries?  Increase their belief?

My real point was that there is a lot of conflict in Rodgers head.  See how you feel when Rodgers goes. 

Edited by foxinsocks

5 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

If there wasn’t evidence before that people now just have an agenda against Rodgers - there is now! Why on earth does this thread keep going “hot” when we’re not actually playing?

We should clearly be pointing fingers in the direction of the suits and recruitment team. What is exactly going on with the finances and lack of recruitment? How are we supporting the manager and what are our realistic expectations if we’re not going to give him any additional players to work with. 

Presumably, with no new signings (and losing Lookman and, probably, Tielemans) we’re not really expecting to challenge for Europe are we? Unless we see a few others coming in over the remaining weeks of the transfer window I don’t see that as being viable target. There is no doubt, however, that we’ll all be blaming Rodgers when other teams (who have blown us out of the water with their spending) occupy the top seven places in the table 

Last season I watched us play posession football with players too timid to try a run or a splitting pass. Over each 90 we got unpicked ...usually from a corner.  

After each match Rodgers never suggested that he might have explored different tactics... often  his subs were like 4 like.  Rather than say there were things he needed to reflect on he blamed players for a lack of fight or not listening to him.  If fans expected better then he said we were entitled.

Personally I think the squad is pretty good... their are players who need help to refind their form.  The issue for me is a manager who seems to be deflecting criticism and bigging up himself in prep for his next interview. 

So yes... I have a problem with Rodgers work... and his motivation.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yet we sacked the psychologist.   

Personally I think a psychologist should start with Brendan.   He must feel uncomfortable dissing players and deflecting blame in order  to polish his own narrative.   

In my experience some offenders look forward to the relief of being caught.

When police raided the home of the art forger john myatt he let them in saying "Here you are at last, I've been waiting for you" and asked if they could wait till he had got the kids off to school before ransacking the house.

I think a psychologist should start with you

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Last season I watched us play posession football with players too timid to try a run or a splitting pass. Over each 90 we got unpicked ...usually from a corner.  

After each match Rodgers never suggested that he might have explored different tactics... often  his subs were like 4 like.  Rather than say there were things he needed to reflect on he blamed players for a lack of fight or not listening to him.  If fans expected better then he said we were entitled.

Personally I think the squad is pretty good... their are players who need help to refind their form.  The issue for me is a manager who seems to be deflecting criticism and bigging up himself in prep for his next interview. 

Fine that’s your perspective, but kind of irrelevant to the point I was trying to make. My point was that people keep piling on this thread in the closed season. Minds are made up and the agenda is set. 

There are aspects about BR’s management that are infuriating at times and I’ll be only too happy to point them out - when the season starts!! 

The focus, right now, should perhaps be on the transfer window and the support that Rodgers isn’t getting for any new signings. Next season there will be some still expecting him to deliver European football when clubs all around us have strengthened whilst we’re standing still. 

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Fine that’s your perspective, but kind of irrelevant to the point I was trying to make. My point was that people keep piling on this thread in the closed season. Minds are made up and the agenda is set. 

There are aspects about BR’s management that are infuriating at times and I’ll be only too happy to point them out - when the season starts!! 

The focus, right now, should perhaps be on the transfer window and the support that Rodgers isn’t getting for any new signings. Next season there will be some still expecting him to deliver European football when clubs all around us have strengthened whilst we’re standing still. 

He never was getting any support - he was trying to bounce the board into giving him funds thereby supporting his narrative that the squad was not up to it.  The rebuild was just more deflection.   I and a few others believe that he needs to go if we are to be competitive. The closed season is when we push for radical change - once the season starts the games come thick and fast.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I have the same problem. Rodgers is all fur coat and no knickers. It's a poor workman the continually blames his tools.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He never was getting any support - he was trying to bounce the board into giving him funds thereby supporting his narrative that the squad was not up to it.  The rebuild was just more deflection.   I and a few others believe that he needs to go if we are to be competitive. The closed season is when we push for radical change - once the season starts the games come thick and fast.

Well it depends what "up to it" means. Are the expectations that we should be finishing top four next season? If so then the squad clearly isn't good enough. At least not to have that as a realistic expectation. Even top 7 seems ambitious given our lack of progress in the last few transfer windows. 

The squad rebuild was just a deflection? What from finishing 8th? Where are people expecting us to finish this season? 

The close season is a time when we should push for radical change? Agreed, then we should have sacked Rodgers at the end of the season and someone else could have overseen the radical rebuild which, by the way, isn't happening because we're not actually signing anybody - or are we suggesting that a different manager is going to achieve better than 8th? Who is this manager - that's available and wants to come only to work with someone else's squad ..... with the expectation that we finish in a European place? 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Why would you not want players to sharpen their focus and set aside their worries?  Increase their belief?

My real point was that there is a lot of conflict in Rodgers head.  See how you feel when Rodgers goes. 

The club use a psychologist. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

“Hello wee fella, have you got great character, can you play with intensity, and are you naturally a left sided centre back who’s open to being played on the right wing”

149E389B-F586-41B3-9679-98678F87066B.jpeg

“I was in fact meeting with our fans over the weekend. They told me we don’t have a set piece problem and that we create really nice moments in the game. So I don’t know where this is coming from, really.”

19 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I don't think there was any doubt about some people having an agenda against Rodgers was there? They're quite open and explain their reasons why. Some are very reasonable valid arguments, some not so much. Some think he's a good manager. The former however have grown in numbers quite dramatically following last season however. All just personal opinion.