Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Brendan next season:

’The reason we’re in a relegation battle is because we didn’t get the rebuild I asked for. Wee little Leicester have always been underdogs, so we have to be realistic in the market. Thats why I made it perfectly clear to our recruitment team I wanted Bednarek, wee Joe Allen and Nathan Redmond. But we didn’t sign any of them. What more can I do?’

• Haha 3

Just now, Shane said:

In all seriousness though, it is pre season. We will look up to speed by the time we play Sevilla imo

Correct…

I mean, I wouldn’t expect to beat Notts County or Our sister club…

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

He is a clever bloke, Rodgers , from obscure origins and a very modest playing career he has managed to climb the greasy pole with very few slips. If you judge him on his career , he is doing pretty well. He is principally a politician and chooses his words carefully but where is the passion and the heart. For all his weaknesses Claudio was like MoN  a man you liked and made you believe and the club is lacking that now.

• Like 3

Just now, Bryn said:

I mean he's ****ed the dressing room surely? He basically called the players out for not being good enough about 2 months ago.

You'd think so, but the bloke seems to have this uncanny ability to treat people poorly and then still be liked by them.

It really does remind me of someone stuck with a narcicistic partner and they're the only one that can't see it when everyone else is implauding them to get out of it. 

I think he's very good at convincing people that his presence is something they should be thankful for and it gives him a fair bit of slack.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I mean he's ****ed the dressing room surely? He basically called the players out for not being good enough about 2 months ago.

How? 

If that happened, we don't finish the season like we did, and there'd be far more speculation perhaps before now? 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

You'd think so, but the bloke seems to have this uncanny ability to treat people poorly and then still be liked by them.

It really does remind me of someone stuck with a narcicistic partner and they're the only one that can't see it when everyone else is implauding them to get out of it. 

I think he's very good at convincing people that his presence is something they should be thankful for and it gives him a fair bit of slack.

Wow..where did that super bit of  phsychology come from….

I’m assuming he made the transfer comments last season, as he knew what we were projecting at that time in terms of available money for transfer dealings. 

I’m also sure he knows what we’re forecasting for the next three years in terms of cash flow. 

In reality, we do need a rebuild, be it this season, or next. Next season we’re currently set to lose:

Tielemans  - £130k / week

Soyuncu - £45k / week

Amartey - £57k / week

Perez - £83k / week

Vardy - £160k / week

Schmeichel - £130k / week

Evans - £100k / week

Choudhury - £61k / week

Bertrand - £78k / week

Thats £864,000 per week, or just under £45,000,000 a year. 

If we’re standing still this year, Brendan and the team will need to know how to fill some of these voids in 12 months time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m assuming he made the transfer comments last season, as he knew what we were projecting at that time in terms of available money for transfer dealings. 

I’m also sure he knows what we’re forecasting for the next three years in terms of cash flow. 

In reality, we do need a rebuild, be it this season, or next. Next season we’re currently set to lose:

Soyuncu - £45k / week

Amartey - £57k / week

Perez - £83k / week

Vardy - £160k / week

Evans - £100k / week

Choudhury - £61k / week

Bertrand - £78k / week

If we’re standing still this year, Brendan and the team will need to know how to fill some of these voids in 12 months time. 

Where did these figures come from , because I can’t believe, 

amaraty on 57

bertrand on 78

choudhury on 61 

not having a go at u but if these figures are correct no wonder we are in trouble 

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, Sly said:

Soyuncu - £45k / week

Amartey - £57k / week

Perez - £83k / week

Vardy - £160k / week

Evans - £100k / week

Choudhury - £61k / week

Bertrand - £78k / week

If the club is genuinely paying Dan Amartey 57k, Perez 83k, Choudry 61k, and Bertrand 78k per week then it absolutely deserves to be in financial dire straits.

If true, what a shit-show 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If the club is genuinely paying Dan Amartey 57k, Perez 83k, Choudry 61k, and Bertrand 78k per week then it absolutely deserves to be in financial dire straits.

If true, what a shit-show 

Fairly typical PL pay, particularly at the top end but miles behind the "big" six. That is most unlikely to change as well. If we want to stay near the top of the table we are going to have to live with that.

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Fairly typical PL pay, particularly at the top end but miles behind the "big" six. That is most unlikely to change as well. If we want to stay near the top of the table we are going to have to live with that.

I'll never be able to live with the fact that we're paying Bertrand £78k per week. 

5 hours ago, Sly said:

Soyuncu - £45k / week

Amartey - £57k / week

Perez - £83k / week

Vardy - £160k / week

Evans - £100k / week

Choudhury - £61k / week

Bertrand - £78k / week

It’s no wonder Soyunchu has been playing crap for the last 2 years, he found out Perez is being paid nearly double he’s on.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

It’s no wonder Soyunchu has been playing crap for the last 2 years, he found out Perez is being paid nearly double he’s on.

I was told we’d offered him a deal, improving his wage but he’d declined to sign it. Since then, we’ve not offered him improved terms. Not sure how accurate that is. 

Bertrand is in the wages you’d expect for a free transfer. 

Choudhury signed a new contract not long after that Liverpool performance and was being touted to grow into a genuine, future England midfielder. 

Perez was signed for a large sum; therefore he’s going to be on big wages. 

Although, in all of this, it’s as much about focusing on having a 25 person squad, as much as it is about the money. 

We don’t want to be in the situation where we’re paying anyone to sit at home. Mendy was bonkers last year, for us then to cut Benkovic was disastrous. 

In fairness, if we can shift Bertrand, either by mutual consent or on medical insurance, then we’ll see some movement. 

Soyuncu, Choudhury and Tielemans can all still play a part in the upcoming season for us.

If we have players identified for next summer, that have the raw ability to surpass our current squad; we might just be treading water for the next 12 months and focusing on achieving a steady Premier League finish, that this squad is more than capable of doing without additions. 

With our wages to turnover ratio one of the worst in the league, we aren’t in a sustainable position to add to the squad without offloading current talent. It’s as black and white as that. 

If we can bed in Nelson, Alves, Braybrook and Wright, then they maybe form part of the squad refresh. They are new faces. 

We still have other players on trial with the development squad, like Badley-Morgan (Chelsea), Paul Appiah (Free), Deniche Hill (Free), then three lads from
Thailand. None of them are making that step up this season, however in 12 months time, maybe the fans of the precious clubs they’ve left, will bemoan their club for flogging them to Ajax for £20,000,000. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

No I dont agree

The point I’m making isn’t the salaries being paid. As you say, that’s par for the course in the Prem

It’s who they are being paid to. For this kind of money a club like Leicester can and should do much better. 
I think it’s indicative of our recruitment in recent years. Not good in general 

There are so many inconsistent players these days , one great game , two bad ones. An excellent season followed by a poor one. Its hard to know what they are worth and we are not the only club overpaying flakey players.