Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we focus we can get this up to a 1000 pages

The real achievement is the fact there's actually only about two pages of original content.  That's around 898 pages of regurgitated guff, people saying the same thing in a slightly different way etc.  That's actually astounding when you think about it.  That takes endurance, real endurance - it's the iron man of threads.  

In fact I'm sure this very post has already been been said before at least some thirty or forty times.  

Foxes never quit! 1000 pages or bust for Brendan! 

• Haha 3

Talk of regurgitated guff ….. I’m not convinced he’s the man for the rebuild project, however we aren’t getting anyone more high profile. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Fairly typical PL pay, particularly at the top end but miles behind the "big" six. That is most unlikely to change as well. If we want to stay near the top of the table we are going to have to live with that.

For the 20/21 FY our wage bill was about £12m behind Spurs'.

I'm increasingly fed up of this cake and eat it underdog situation, we can't possibly compete with the big 6 but by the same metric 10 or 11 teams shouldn't get anywhere near us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I'm increasingly fed up of this cake and eat it underdog situation, we can't possibly compete with the big 6 but by the same metric 10 or 11 teams shouldn't get anywhere near us. 

We could be content with mid table respectability and gradually reduce our wage bill especially if we find quality academy players. Fans want more though and that comes with a cost.

7 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m assuming he made the transfer comments last season, as he knew what we were projecting at that time in terms of available money for transfer dealings. 

I’m also sure he knows what we’re forecasting for the next three years in terms of cash flow. 

In reality, we do need a rebuild, be it this season, or next. Next season we’re currently set to lose:

Tielemans  - £130k / week

Soyuncu - £45k / week

Amartey - £57k / week

Perez - £83k / week

Vardy - £160k / week

Schmeichel - £130k / week

Evans - £100k / week

Choudhury - £61k / week

Bertrand - £78k / week

Thats £864,000 per week, or just under £45,000,000 a year. 

If we’re standing still this year, Brendan and the team will need to know how to fill some of these voids in 12 months time. 

61k / 78k for for choudhury / bertrands makes me wanna throw up, i dread to think what vertergaard is on

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

20/21 wage bill are a bit iffy as some team had differed wages and bonus (LCFC according to Swiss Ramble) from 19/20 depending on when closed their account due to COVID.

Spurs didn't so the gap is a little wider then 12m, but your point still stands. 

Our aim is to be the best of the rest, which considering we have finish 5th, 5th and 8th, plus the only team outside the big 6 to win a trophy, we are achieving. 

Our competition is the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Villa and Everton.

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

61k / 78k for for choudhury / bertrands makes me wanna throw up, i dread to think what vertergaard is on

On a plus note, when the are out of contract in 23 summer it give us lot of wriggle room on the wages front. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

On a plus note, when the are out of contract in 23 summer it give us lot of wriggle room on the wages front. 

Kinda dont want any new singings till we have got rid, i can see why the club is probably going to ride out the storm this season, might be the perfect season to do it considering we just have PL and standard cup competitions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Kinda dont want any new singings till we have got rid, i can see why the club is probably going to ride out the storm this season, might be the perfect season to do it considering we just have PL and standard cup competitions.

I think we will see a few out and maybe 1 or 2 in before the window closes depending on who out. 

I can see us using the loan system like we did with Lookman and Under.

If we could bring in a CB and RW we are good. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Just those players whose contracts end next year should be about £600k in wages off the books I think? (Not including Evans and Vardy)

£30m+ a year that will “free up”

23 minutes ago, Sly said:

Talk of regurgitated guff ….. I’m not convinced he’s the man for the rebuild project, however we aren’t getting anyone more high profile. 

I'm here for the guff my old son! 

I'm not convinced by him at all - but actually some of the bile that gets spouted here is just ridiculously over the top and pushes me away from all that Brendan out stuff.  

He's here next season and as far as I'm concerned I'm backing him and the team and I want us to be successful.  That's the bottom line for me. 

More guff by me.  I believe this post has been said more eloquently by others before me around 78 times.   

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

Just those players whose contracts end next year should be about £600k in wages off the books I think? (Not including Evans and Vardy)

We will allow us to do a proper rebuild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Still means we have to start trusting the crop of academy players coming through because we need to keep lowering the wage bill and if we're faced with needing 5-10 new players next season it'll be hard to do that. Utilising 3-4 from our academy for a weekly wage collectively of £100k a week or less will help us.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still means we have to start trusting the crop of academy players coming through because we need to keep lowering the wage bill and if we're faced with needing 5-10 new players next season it'll be hard to do that. Utilising 3-4 from our academy for a weekly wage collectively of £100k a week or less will help us.

Exactly. 

If we aren’t in Europe, or aren’t aiming to compete in it at this stage, then we can use this time to allow them to develop into players that will push us toward this. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Next summer:

Out

Schmeichel

Amartey

Choudhury

Perez

In

Stolarczyk/Iversen

Nelson/Brunt

Braybrooke

Alves

• Like 4

22 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

There are so many inconsistent players these days , one great game , two bad ones. An excellent season followed by a poor one. Its hard to know what they are worth and we are not the only club overpaying flakey players.

...the club appears to be paying above the norm to secure contracts!!!

That is either a policy from above or poor negotiations by Rudkin.

To a point you can understand why we would be paying Bertrand above what should be above the average as he came on a "free" but £87k is outrageous. The Hamza salary is also poorly judged, in comparison to Soyuncu, he is grossly overpaid and his pay should have reflected his status in the team.

We may not be the only club overpaying flakey players, but since when did we decide,  that we were going to take this club forward, by doing the same as everyone else.

We need to learn from this, we cannot put ourselves into this situation again, where our benevolence traps us into a state of inertia.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the club appears to be paying above the norm to secure contracts!!!

That is either a policy from above or poor negotiations by Rudkin.

To a point you can understand why we would be paying Bertrand above what should be above the average as he came on a "free" but £87k is outrageous. The Hamza salary is also poorly judged, in comparison to Soyuncu, he is grossly overpaid and his pay should have reflected his status in the team.

We may not be the only club overpaying flakey players, but since when did we decide,  that we were going to take this club forward, by doing the same as everyone else.

We need to learn from this, we cannot put ourselves into this situation again, where our benevolence traps us into a state of inertia.

Absolutely, there are certain players that should they not have agreed to lower wages at the time we should have waved goodbye because they sure as hell wouldn't have been getting them anywhere else. A lot does depend however on the truth of the figures being banded about though in fairness. 

• Like 1

BBC have just released a really good podcast series called ‘Moment of Truth’. It’s behind the scenes at Rotherham and Oxford with the managers at the end of last season. 

It resonated a lot because this podcast shows how the reality is a football club has multi parts which all need to work for success. If one of them doesn’t work, it’s the manager what gets the stick. 

Also the managers involved reference things such as how they use the media to their advantage as well - not saying Rodgers rebuild comment was wise but he’s been criticised being vague with injury layoffs. Warne at Rotherham says he purposely does that not to give an advantage. 

Anyway, I just wish people give it a listen and try to understand it’s a complex business, a football club. Pushing everyone on the manager isn’t always fair 

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

BBC have just released a really good podcast series called ‘Moment of Truth’. It’s behind the scenes at Rotherham and Oxford with the managers at the end of last season. 

It resonated a lot because this podcast shows how the reality is a football club has multi parts which all need to work for success. If one of them doesn’t work, it’s the manager what gets the stick. 

Also the managers involved reference things such as how they use the media to their advantage as well - not saying Rodgers rebuild comment was wise but he’s been criticised being vague with injury layoffs. Warne at Rotherham says he purposely does that not to give an advantage. 

Anyway, I just wish people give it a listen and try to understand it’s a complex business, a football club. Pushing everyone on the manager isn’t always fair 

I agree with some of your comments, but also understand others criticisms of the manager, it comes with the territory, and is why he is paid a fortune.

• Like 1

Regardless of who we or who we dont sign, he has to cut out the amateurish errors from last year. The in efficiency surrounding set piece marking and collapses is not on - regardless of squad and player availability. Organisation and professionalism is the very least I want to see this season. Something that was considerably lacking last year. 

I hope with a fitter squad and better player availability, we see that. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

'The tactical idea of the team was very, very good' 

Brendan praising himself on his very, very good tactics in a pre season friendly. 

Ah, but if the tactics weren't good, you'd be beating him with that stick wouldn't you? 

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

Ah, but if the tactics weren't good, you'd be beating him with that stick wouldn't you? 

I'm beating him with no stick.

I just thought that was ****ing hilarious. 

But don't let that get in the way of you leaping to the defence of a non existent attack.