Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

All of you who moan about his negative subs …..

Can’t have it both ways but it was bizarre ….

On paper - striker for midfielder sounds positive right?

In reality. It was a switch to a back 6 effectively. With Maddison and Youri sat just in front and then hoping we would hit them on the break with Daka and Vardy up top.

If you think we looked more positive after that substitution then one of us needs a nice new thick pair of glasses :D

Positive would have been daka for one of the back 3 and having him and Maddison flanking Vardy

Not discussed much, but the change to 5 subs is a pretty big penalty for us.  We have a manager who rarely used all his subs even with 3, and almost always made things worse (like today) when he did make one.  With competent managers having five at their disposal we’re at a greater disadvantage,

I thought the shape and 11 was right (you could argue no to amartey) but it's the lack of reaction. We let Brentford back in the game by playing how we played from the whistle and they adapted around that and we did NOTHING to counteract it. KDH was probably our best player, why take him off?

4 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

For those who will inevitably ask who do we want to replace BR

ANY-F***ING-ONE - my grans cat could do a better job

Cat's gran or gran's cat?

Edited by sdb

Iv always been pretty much on the fence with a Rodger’s - pretty much always gave him benefit of the doubt but he has had an absolute stinker today - that kdh for daka substitution is one of the most baffling managerial decisions I have ever seen from anyone full stop 

Another thing. Rodgers bloated and unjustified salary is what is stopping us from signing any players this summer. He’s made no efforts to seriously improve over the past 2 years and enough is enough. He is now a detriment to the club. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

On paper - striker for midfielder sounds positive right?

In reality. It was a switch to a back 6 effectively. With Maddison and Youri sat just in front and then hoping we would hit them on the break with Daka and Vardy up top.

If you think we looked more positive after that substitution then one of us needs a nice new thick pair of glasses :D

Positive would have been daka for one of the back 3 and having him and Maddison flanking Vardy

I saw what happened 

like I said it was bizarre 

but bringing on a striker for a midfielder is a positive step - if it’s done with tactical thought 

this was ridiculous 

my eleven y o messaged me 

‘good idea of Brendan to bring on a striker when we r 2-1 up 👍

and we haven’t discussed the shocking defending for their first goal …..

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I thought the shape and 11 was right (you could argue no to amartey) but it's the lack of reaction. We let Brentford back in the game by playing how we played from the whistle and they adapted around that and we did NOTHING to counteract it. KDH was probably our best player, why take him off?

The shape and the players are right, the tactics and general gameplan aren't. We could have been out of sight but he's too afraid to commit to attacking teams and seeing the job through we constantly invite pressure on ourselves and let teams in. The likes of Maddison and Vardy don't want to walk the ball round the box waiting for an opening, we play with shackles on and it kills us.

I just miffed as to why he didn't use more than one sub, and took our best player off, Rodgers was in favour of 5 subs, well he should fecking use them.  The conspiracy theorist would say Rodgers wants his pay off and the club doesn't trust him with the transfer money. There is a stand off with the club and it is a matter of who'll blink first, hence the "I won't go to war with the club " nonsense.  I don't usually subscribe to these type of theories, but he has made some bizarre decisions in recent times.

• Like 1

If the reason we can't sign anyone is the wage bill as has been suggested then he's got to go. Huge wages, and his signings are a mixed bag at best and grossly overpaid, not gonna be able to clear the decks to get in the rebuild he needs to stop stagnating so new manager with new ideas it is

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The shape and the players are right, the tactics and general gameplan aren't. We could have been out of sight but he's too afraid to commit to attacking teams and seeing the job through we constantly invite pressure on ourselves and let teams in. The likes of Maddison and Vardy don't want to walk the ball round the box waiting for an opening, we play with shackles on and it kills us.

Don't think that's entirely fair, the shackles come on once we're ahead despite the fact we generally can't defend leads well. They were there for the taking really and we did make chances, but ****ing pitiful he didn't react. But let's be honest, nothing today didn't tell us what we already know