Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Admits we tired second half. Uses one sub. 

Ah yes, forgot about that in my frustration. Another bizzare decison. Appreciate it will take time to adjust and work out how to best utilise it but outside of the 'big 6', we are the team that should surely benefit the most given the size of the squad.

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Brendan waffling on Radio Leicester about why he took KDH off lol.

Said he was taken off because they changed system with their midfield subs and we needed to counter it.

Brendan. It’s Brentford. You don’t need to adapt to them you idiot. 

Honestly, I haven't listened to an interview with him for so long, he winds me up. Full of rubbish. We need a change ASAP

• Like 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again, probably for the next 5 weeks running...

He is a top coach. He is not a top manager. He made Puel's team better. He's now making that team worse, and will continue to do so the longer he thinks he's got the answer for every aspect of job (I.e. transfers, substitutions, in game tactical tweaks etc.).

Edited by sdb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Can't work out why more subs weren't made when we looked absolutely fvcked and they changed their shape to attack. 

Only thing I can think off is that he’s trying to make a point of that he doesn’t rate them.

It’s not worked whatever his thinking was

Rodgers’ woeful in-game management strikes again. After the positive end to last season and all the summer shenanigans and latest injuries I’d actually forgotten how much of a tactical liability the manager is when we have a lead.

Clueless.

Again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I just miffed as to why he didn't use more than one sub, and took our best player off, Rodgers was in favour of 5 subs, well he should fecking use them.  The conspiracy theorist would say Rodgers wants his pay off and the club doesn't trust him with the transfer money. There is a stand off with the club and it is a matter of who'll blink first, hence the "I won't go to war with the club " nonsense.  I don't usually subscribe to these type of theories, but he has made some bizarre decisions in recent times.

Have to say it’s something I have considered, it reminds me of when Alex Neill’s reign at PNE was coming to an end, he was at the end of his tether with the club but had a bumper pay off awaiting if he was sacked, the club wouldn’t back him in the hope he would resign but he held out until the board had no option but to sack him…….it does feel like we could be in similar territory here. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I saw what happened 

like I said it was bizarre 

but bringing on a striker for a midfielder is a positive step - if it’s done with tactical thought 

this was ridiculous 

my eleven y o messaged me 

‘good idea of Brendan to bring on a striker when we r 2-1 up 👍

and we haven’t discussed the shocking defending for their first goal …..

"tactical thought" if only our manager earning 200k a week had a bit of that :D

Helen Keller could have seen that it was a terrible decision. On the plus side, I had a mate stick £10 on Brentford to score another. People can make a killing off Leicester games in-play until Rodgers leaves.

Will be interesting to see if he kops the flak or throws someone under the bus.

5 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Only thing I can think off is that he’s trying to make a point of that he doesn’t rate them.

It’s not worked whatever his thinking was

Cost us in the end though. Should have changed things up or reacted. Daka was a good sub. But not changing the midfield hurt us. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Said he was taken off because they changed system with their midfield subs and we needed to counter it.

THis is our problem.

Ive been a Brendan in  for ever.... but im beginning to think that he lacks confidence in our team... play YOUR  game BR...let THEM worry about US.

Edited by ozleicester

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Daka should of come on for Vardy and Praet for KDH if he was struggling.

Oh Iheanacho for KDH, so at least he drops in and helps knit the play together sometimes. What on earth is the tactical thought behind two quick, run in behind style strikers? 

• Like 1

Just now, TMELcfc said:

Oh Iheanacho for KDH, so at least he drops in and helps knit the play together sometimes. What on earth is the tactical thought behind two quick, run in behind style strikers? 

Sit deep and hit Brentford on the counter was his thinking. He couldn't throw another CB on. So he stuck Ndidi basically in a 4th CB and we played a 6 2 2 formation