Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

But were the circumstances prior to the last 18 months a lot more favourable than what he and the club has faced since? I would say so. 

I didn't think circumstances mattered when judging managers?

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

It’s probably a good thing he hasn’t. He’s not going to change, his tactics and stubbornness are predictable. He’s on a downward trajectory. Swap him for Gerrard 

No thanks, plenty of Villa fans want rid of him as well

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I didn't think circumstances mattered when judging managers?

Only if trying to make excuses. Circumstances didn't save Ranieri when he was backwards and forwards while his mum was I'll and trusting the back stabbing poison dwarf Shakespeare to do right by him. Only Rodgers PR outfit and the rest of the potting shed crew could excuse his continued ineptitude. 

I think a reckoning is pretty close either Topp running out of patience, BR using a possible sale to make a pointed comment or the fans getting on his back if we for example don’t beat Southampton. Just feels like something will give. What this does to the players morale god only knows. Feels weird saying that as on 60 minutes it all looked so good!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

O’ Neill for me definitely.

Performed miracles with what he had to work with

Yep.  Never felt this annoyed at O'Neill during his tenure (although he did get some grief at the outset of his spell).  Had far less at his disposal resource and player wise.  

Did we Play Good football....yes..Yes & yes...

Football is Not about miserable fans competing on getting through there hate agenda...This forum should be collapsed & started again..

Yes I want positive encouraging fans...Critic in the right places at the right time...

Not posters who cant wait to get their knives out....

First game.....enjoyed game...getting already on the blame wagon...Just what the snot nosed cynical media want...& The Sheep on the FT-forum,

have started again to sell the Soul of this club,by obliging. the Medias game of groans shit Stirring-work....

One game ffs....!!!

Loyal,hard, reasonable fans.....Please somehow Stand-up against this demeaning-OTT-own-club shit stirring....I cant, I am in a wheelchair...

Es have a Good club,a manager who has proved his metal,even with mistakes.....But hell of a lot of nous...

WeWanted to see a performance..We got one...The media wants us to kow-tow,so they put the negative shit on us....

Well again we Performed & are still here...!!

Let the Media pss-heads create the blank-stories,the traitors under-support their club, but Leicester & Rodgers like always will Move on....

Miserable-nego-fans, will grovel their noise.....& sell their Club short....But like @pmcla26 @Bluetintedspecs & otherswill help to Keep the balance...I

We are not..... entitled to win any game...!!!

I want to see us Play & perform...We did that..!!!     According to many,against the odds..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Col city fan

What is clear is that the tide is turning re fans contentment with Rodgers. 
If he didn’t have such a ridiculous contract (clearly a theme at the club now) he’d have been changed some time ago I think.

I said this at the end of last season and amazingly, it’s still true… there is no bounce at the club. It’s stale. Teams know how we’ll play and how to get at us. It’s like Groundhog Day too many times. 
And we haven’t even signed any players to give the fans a spark of excitement. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Literally think he hates us.

His comments at the training ground when we FFC members got a tour certainly implied he's not a huge fan of the fanbase at our club that's for sure.

He never owns up to his own failings tho.  Great at shifting blame.

I'd love to know what the players he basically chucked under a bus after the cup game feel about him.

43 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

There are only two possibilities with the shocking lack of subs today (and the one sub was itself shocking).  Either he’s so incompetent that he thinks he was being smart, or he’s trying to prove a point about transfers and willing to sacrifice points (and players) to do it.  Either one is pretty harrowing as a supporter.  

The more I think about today’s situation and who we had on the bench, it’s pretty clear to me that he’s trying to make a point about having no incomings.

Today’s bench was full with players he clearly doesn’t want.

Soyuncu - Brendan clearly got fed up of him at the back end of last season.

Iheanacho - Has dug Brendan out the shit numerous times, yet I don’t think Brendan has ever truly believed in him.

Perez - Brendan wants a new right winger plus Perez is out of contract next summer.

Mendy - Out of contract next summer.

Praet - Wants to stay, should stay, but wouldn’t be surprised if Brendan is still not keen on him.

To blame it on fatigue when you have four subs available is such a stupid comment.

He wanted a refresh, didn’t get his refresh, now is trying to prove a point by basically saying “Our squad depth is shit”.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

His comments at the training ground when we FFC members got a tour certainly implied he's not a huge fan of the fanbase at our club that's for sure.

He never owns up to his own failings tho.  Great at shifting blame.

I'd love to know what the players he basically chucked under a bus after the cup game feel about him.

Why on earth is anywhere near the club then? As if he could be any more unlikeable. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

It's not about who has done better in the past - because Brendan has done a fantastic job for the club over the years he has been here - but that does not give him a lifetime contract. I want him to leave the club whilst the FA Cup win and 5th place finishes are what we remember him for and before the club continue their decline.

He has repeated publicly blamed these players and said some of them had no future at the club and now we expect him to lead the exact same group of players. He blames fatigue, but refuses bring on fresh legs. Clubs have worked out his style and he appears to be unable to adapt. We are still unable to manage a game. 

This is not about what he has done for the club, it is about the future of the club.

We're not calling for him to go after one game, we are calling for him to go after a poor finish to the 20/21 season, a below average (at best) season in 21/22 - This 1 game just proves he hasn't changed and for many it has brought into question whether he still wants to be at the club - his interviews looks like he is just going through the motions.

For the record the Managers in the 90s - Little getting us promoted into the Premier League and O'Neill for bringing us European football for the 1st time in 30 years. With the group of players and resources they had, both did a fantastic job. The resources and players we have now are of a much higher standard.

so yourself a favour...Stop Hanging on everyword,every Single off Shoot statement....from anybody...

ffs tell me Why from Top 12-15 managers have said and kept to anything mind-blowing...or even the straight & Narrow digits..!!

Rogers got an even better contract as Arsenal were sniffing and I think it's fair to say most of us were happy with that at the time. Also those suggesting Potter or Gerard, we still finished above their teams despite being shite most of the season. Still he is marmite, baffles me with left field tactics and subs and team selections! I really don't know what the answer is.