Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I think what is fair to say, is that todays result completely falls at his door. The worrying thing is, this is not the first time he’s done this. There was no reason for us to lose the lead today. That’s the most frustrating fact about todays game. 

I don’t like getting on his back, but to come out after a game citing fatigue, and use only one of five substitutions, and then unsettle a formation that was working when you have like for like replacements on the bench…. Just leaves him wide open to criticism. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

So who in our history has actually been a better manager for us? 

Ranieri over one season? 

In my lifetime I can’t think of any others. 

Amazes me we’re one game in and people are calling for him to go. Absolutely mental. 

Another thing.

It’s bordering entitled to EVER down play what Ranieri and that 15/16 side did.

The PL has been running for 30 years and in that time there have only been 5 winners from the “Big 6” - Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

A bank rolled Blackburn and us….that is a ridiculous achievement, so yeah…Ranieri did do more for us with his short tenure.

He also, had to go as couldn’t repeat that magic formula/his time here run it’s course.

• Like 3

Still coming up with excuses, I proclaimed he would be/was out of excuses but I was wrong.

Thing is, he's coming up with excuses that he is accountable for now, yet he's not taking any accountability for them.

Slippery snake.

Edited by Matt

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The more I think about today’s situation and who we had on the bench, it’s pretty clear to me that he’s trying to make a point about having no incomings.

Today’s bench was full with players he clearly doesn’t want.

Soyuncu - Brendan clearly got fed up of him at the back end of last season.

Iheanacho - Has dug Brendan out the shit numerous times, yet I don’t think Brendan has ever truly believed in him.

Perez - Brendan wants a new right winger plus Perez is out of contract next summer.

Mendy - Out of contract next summer.

Praet - Wants to stay, should stay, but wouldn’t be surprised if Brendan is still not keen on him.

To blame it on fatigue when you have four subs available is such a stupid comment.

He wanted a refresh, didn’t get his refresh, now is trying to prove a point by basically saying “Our squad depth is shit”.

If true, he's here to win games and get points whatever his squad, not play silly buggers to feed his own ego. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

His comments at the training ground when we FFC members got a tour certainly implied he's not a huge fan of the fanbase at our club that's for sure.

He never owns up to his own failings tho.  Great at shifting blame.

I'd love to know what the players he basically chucked under a bus after the cup game feel about him.

What did he say? 

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

His comments at the training ground when we FFC members got a tour certainly implied he's not a huge fan of the fanbase at our club that's for sure.

I'd love to know what the players he basically chucked under a bus after the cup game feel about him.

He’s just chucked every player under a bus that was sitting on our bench I know that much.

I get the impression we are stuck in a face off between club and manager where he wants money to spend but the club are pissed off that on his watch we have bought a load of shit and not being wanting to pay £16m to sack him. Either way, it doesn’t end well.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I’m pretty sure I didn’t downplay that at all - my post was saying Ranieri is number 1. 

Ohhh!

Totally mis-read that part.

I will say that your loyalty to Brendan is applaudable…I respect every different view, I’m just fed up with his continued errors.

Does his lack of reacting to a game that is panning out in front of his very eyes not infuriate you at all mate?

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Go on, elaborate, and give us all a reason to hate him even more

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Well, if I was him after everything he’s achieved here, and the way a lot of our fans talk about him, I’d feel the exact same - wouldn’t you? 

The minute a manager is saying or implying stuff like this then it’s an unworkable situation. A rapport with the fans is crucial, and he doesn’t have it. 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think what is fair to say, is that todays result completely falls at his door. The worrying thing is, this is not the first time he’s done this. There was no reason for us to lose this game today. That’s the most frustrating fact about todays game. 

I don’t like getting on his back, but to come out after a game citing fatigue, and use only one of five substitutions, and then unsettle a formation that was working when you have like for like replacements on the bench…. Just leaves him wide open to criticism. 

I know it feels like it, but we did NOT "lose this game today" lol

Last season he plays KDH every minute he is available when everyone else is fatigued. He was the one player he stuck with for every available minute. Yet today first opportunity he inexplicably subs him off when he is our MOTM. Something seriously dodgy is going on. You don’t get paid £10m a year to make those kind of calls. Scandalous. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingfox said:

The more I think about today’s situation and who we had on the bench, it’s pretty clear to me that he’s trying to make a point about having no incomings.

Today’s bench was full with players he clearly doesn’t want.

Soyuncu - Brendan clearly got fed up of him at the back end of last season.

Iheanacho - Has dug Brendan out the shit numerous times, yet I don’t think Brendan has ever truly believed in him.

Perez - Brendan wants a new right winger plus Perez is out of contract next summer.

Mendy - Out of contract next summer.

Praet - Wants to stay, should stay, but wouldn’t be surprised if Brendan is still not keen on him.

To blame it on fatigue when you have four subs available is such a stupid comment.

He wanted a refresh, didn’t get his refresh, now is trying to prove a point by basically saying “Our squad depth is shit”.

I think if he's trying to make a point to anyone it's more likely to be aimed at those players than the board i.e. a message along the lines of "look, you're not going to be starting, even with five subs I'm not giving you minutes off the bench, get yourself a move". He'll be aware that we need to sell to buy and that neglecting to make subs isn't going to magically reduce our wage bill.

Regardless of his reasoning it was still absolutely ****ing stupid of him, mind - noticing we were tiring and then not taking the only course of action possible to remedy it. Whatever you think of Praet, Perez and Albrighton, one thing they certainly all offer is energy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

not play silly buggers to feed his own ego. 

It’s his favourite thing to do, he’s done it numerous times in post match comments and he’ll continue to do it.

Thinks he’s better than he is, always looks to deflect blame elsewhere, he’s done it all his career.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Will give him a bit of credit for the initial lineup / system - 2-0 up, comfortable and in control for 60 minutes or so

Then failed to react to the Brentford system change, they score, and then made it even worse by basically giving up the midfield battle

If we were tiring in the middle he should’ve brought Praet on to keep bodies in midfield rather than another striker and making us easier to play through

Praet for a mid

Albrighton for Justin

Söyüncü for Amartey

Daka for Vardy

Iheanacho for Vardy

Any/all of those make more sense than Daka for Hall.  And to keep 4 subs in his pocket is so confusing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Last season he plays KDH every minute he is available when everyone else is fatigued. He was the one player he stuck with for every available minute. Yet today first opportunity he inexplicably subs him off when he is our MOTM. Something seriously dodgy is going on. You don’t get paid £10m a year to make those kind of calls. Scandalous. 

Boarders on fraud doesn’t it. 

Would love for someone to explain to me he wants to be here and why.

• Like 1

Been in and out with Rodgers for ages but thought let bygones be bygones. Started the game 100% behind him. Liked the look of his team selection. Then that substitution and ridiculous post match reasoning, again!. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, has he ever played Vardy and Daka up top together before today? Would have had more respect for him if he'd just admit that it didn't work and he made a mistake. Hell would freeze over first. That's it for me. We're going nowhere fast and I can't see him lasting the season out with us in all honesty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t get me wrong, he got things wrong today. Amartey shouldn’t be in our starting 11, he’s simply not good enough, and the substitution thing was frustrating but as @kingfoxsummarised well, I think that it was partly a message to whoever is in charge of getting players out the door that he doesn’t trust those guys on the bench. 

I think to be honest, I do react to the hyperbole and absolute absurd nature of the way that people are trying to hound him out, and it is very much a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’. I also can’t stand the way that our fan base has become everything we used to laugh at when it came to big Premier League clubs - I don’t know whether some of our fans are thick or just think we’re bigger and better than we actually are. 

Sometimes it doesn’t come across in my posts because I do back him to the hilt, but I am able to acknowledge that he isn’t perfect and does get things wrong, but a lot of the time I do think there are quite obvious reasons for certain downfalls that people tend to ignore to push an agenda against Rodgers. Take Pearson on the other hand, who could get away with murder. 

I’m also a bit fed up of how people hang onto his every word in press conferences. The guy is one of the best at playing the media in the game. People take what he says too literally and don’t realise that he could be saying the complete opposite behind closed doors. 

He’s a top manager and the group of players respect him - if Rodgers went tomorrow it wouldn’t do us any favours in keeping a hold of our best players like Maddison and Fofana. Without him in charge, I could see things fall apart a lot quicker than what people make out to be happening at the minute. 

**** me. And there was me thinking he just spouts bollocks to make himself look good by throwing everyone else under the bus if necessary. My sincere apologies. 

Just now, WinslowFox said:

I'd be careful if I was Man City

According to this clown 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline in the Prem

Wonder if this will end up 2-2 as well

Get him out of my club

As much as I think his time is coming to an end are you seriously comparing Man City to us?

Alot i'm gauging from opinions in the last few pages back up what I said a few weeks ago:

We've (The club) wrote this season off before it even began.

In that I mean they either backed Rodgers over the summer or sacked Rodgers at the end of last season - They did neither.

For that the club has to take some responsibility - The reasonings people give for either are fair enough, which leads me to worry about the club in general and leads me to the think we're in trouble, financial trouble.

I can imagine perhaps the club haven't got the money to back Rodgers and ideally they'd like to sack him but likewise haven't the money too, I can only hope they're making life difficult for Rodgers in hope he walks - It's no good for the club or Rodgers who's ego and desire to be amongst the 'elite' (lolz) managers simply won't stand for it therefore would need to get out.

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

As much as I think his time is coming to an end are you seriously comparing Man City to us?

No absolutely not

I'm just ridiculing his ridiculous statement that 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline

How many games where the team is leading 2-0 in the Prem will end up with them not winning the game this season?

It's 1 so far

I could've equally mentioned:

Bournemouth

Newcastle

Brighton

Man City

All didn't seem to think it was dangerous or have a problem dealing with such a dangerous scoreline

Edited by WinslowFox
To include the games where teams were 2-0 up and didn't drop points