Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Go on, elaborate, and give us all a reason to hate him even more

9 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

What did he say? 

He was asked, very reasonably, if he felt that being up at Seagrave had made the players, soft,  for want of a better word, and disconnected them from the fanbase and outside world and his response was basically. No

The fans at the KP expected too much, that we were responsible for players making mistakes, that we jumped on players to quickly and should be more positive and supportive and the atmosphere around the ground was overly negative. Especially towards the likes of Luke Thomas when ever he made an error. 

Now you may agree or disagree with that. But this is the manager that when he got the job said the mandate was to upset the apple cart and disrupt the top 6. So who set the expectations and the man's paid what 10 million a year and has resorted to what looks like gamesmanship with the board.

I've heard today, fatigue 1 game in and not having options on the bench. What 5 of them are internationals.

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

He was asked, very reasonably, if he felt that being up at Seagrave had made the players, soft,  for want of a better word, and disconnected them from the fanbase and outside world and his response was basically. No

The fans at the KP expected too much, that we were responsible for players making mistakes, that we jumped on players to quickly and should be more positive and supportive and the atmosphere around the ground was overly negative. Especially towards the likes of Luke Thomas when ever he made an error. 

Now you may agree or disagree with that. But this is the manager that when he got the job said the mandate was to upset the apple cart and disrupt the top 6. So who set the expectations and the man's paid what 10 million a year and has resorted to what looks like gamesmanship with the board.

I've heard today, fatigue 1 game in and not having options on the bench. What 5 of them are internationals.

I was right then. 🤔😂

all he had to do was make the generic like for like subs and everyone would have been on a high, Praet, Mendy, Perez and Daka for Youri, Wilf, Madders and Vardy.

Maybe chuck in one of the wingbacks too and we win that game out, they only came into the game because the moron in the suit saw we were shattered and did nothing

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I have defended him till my life defended on it 

@Ric Flair will attest to that 

today I saw a weakness that can no longer be tolerated 

get Thomas Franks In now ! 

Wow! Now I am concerned for us when the most tolerant and rational fans of ours are wavering. 

We're in a nightmare scenario though, we cannot pay him off right now but we can all see his effectiveness as a manager seems to be long gone with this group. We throw away so many points and it's sickening.

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think if he's trying to make a point to anyone it's more likely to be aimed at those players than the board i.e. a message along the lines of "look, you're not going to be starting, even with five subs I'm not giving you minutes off the bench, get yourself a move". He'll be aware that we need to sell to buy and that neglecting to make subs isn't going to magically reduce our wage bill.

Regardless of his reasoning it was still absolutely ****ing stupid of him, mind - noticing we were tiring and then not taking the only course of action possible to remedy it. Whatever you think of Praet, Perez and Albrighton, one thing they certainly all offer is energy.

Think it’s a bit of both mate. 

The one thing I don’t blame him for is his comments last season regarding a “refresh”. He was right with what he said, because a refresh is definitely needed with 10 players out of contract in 2023. 

He probably thought the refresh would start this summer, we as fans expected it too, he’s not been able to get his wish.

He then goes onto say “I’ll keep working with the players I have”. The truth probably is, he doesn’t want to work with numerous players, he expected certain players to be gone by now, they haven’t, now he’s stuck with them when he clearly doesn’t trust them. 

He’s clearly trying to prove a point to our board and our fringe players, he wants change and he’ll be stubborn until he gets it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The one thing I don’t blame him for is his comments last season regarding a “refresh”. He was right with what he said, because a refresh is definitely needed with 10 players out of contract in 2023. 

He probably thought the refresh would start this summer, we as fans expected it too, he’s not been able to get his wish.

He then goes onto say “I’ll keep working with the players I have”. The truth probably is, he doesn’t want to work with numerous players, he expected certain players to be gone by now, they haven’t, now he’s stuck with them when he clearly doesn’t trust them. 

He’s clearly trying to prove a point to our board and our fringe players, he wants change and he’ll be stubborn until he gets it.

If any of this is true, things are going to get extremely toxic with the match going fans and Brendan over the coming season as this would be him throwing the club under the bus on purpose. For his own sake it would be better if he were simply incompetent. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow! Now I am concerned for us when the most tolerant and rational fans of ours are wavering. 

We're in a nightmare scenario though, we cannot pay him off right now but we can all see his effectiveness as a manager seems to be long gone with this group. We throw away so many points and it's sickening.

could he not go on gardening duty. He would probable leave before long. Save a bit of cash.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

No absolutely not

I'm just ridiculing his ridiculous statement that 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline

How many games where the team is leading 2-0 in the Prem will end up with them not winning the game this season?

It's 1 so far

I could've equally mentioned:

Bournemouth

Newcastle

Brighton

Man City

All didn't seem to think it was dangerous or have a problem dealing with such a dangerous scoreline

It’s been described as such about a million times in football.

You kind of feel the only thing that was going to save Brendan and help him turn things round from that Notts Forest defeat was a big overhaul this summer and the chance to rebuild. This hasn’t happened and now it would appear we have a high proportion of our squad eyeing the exit door next year or knowing that the manager doesn’t believe in them or trust them, it does not bode well for the morale of the squad and you have to question the damage those comments he made about a refresh have done. 

Would be amazed if he is still here come the start of the World Cup 

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

easiest way to refresh is to get rid of him then

1 minute ago, chapelfox said:

could he not go on gardening duty. He would probable leave before long. Save a bit of cash.

The reality is he only has 15 more seasons.... if we put him on gardening leave he would soon find another job... however his contract may be able to claim constructive dismissal.  Knowing our brilliance with contracts i expect we are stuffed

A better approach would be to offer to pay up half his contract... slowing him to bank it and still earn money elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s been described as such about a million times in football.

It's a myth, according to Sky. Apparently, 90% of 2-0 leads in the PL end up with a win for the team in the lead at that stage.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10951284/sky-sports-bust-common-myths-is-2-0-the-worst-lead

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

It's not about who has done better in the past - because Brendan has done a fantastic job for the club over the years he has been here - but that does not give him a lifetime contract. I want him to leave the club whilst the FA Cup win and 5th place finishes are what we remember him for and before the club continue their decline.

He has repeated publicly blamed these players and said some of them had no future at the club and now we expect him to lead the exact same group of players. He blames fatigue, but refuses bring on fresh legs. Clubs have worked out his style and he appears to be unable to adapt. We are still unable to manage a game. 

This is not about what he has done for the club, it is about the future of the club.

We're not calling for him to go after one game, we are calling for him to go after a poor finish to the 20/21 season, a below average (at best) season in 21/22 - This 1 game just proves he hasn't changed and for many it has brought into question whether he still wants to be at the club - his interviews looks like he is just going through the motions.

For the record the Managers in the 90s - Little getting us promoted into the Premier League and O'Neill for bringing us European football for the 1st time in 30 years. With the group of players and resources they had, both did a fantastic job. The resources and players we have now are of a much higher standard.

This. 👏

There is no counter argument to this post

Close thread.

• Like 3

He needs to stop maonigg by and start looking in the mirror. He’s lucky to have the squad we’ve got now if it was up to him and his overhaul we’d have a squad full of Borinis, Vestergaards and the Mignolets of this world.

it’s no wonder the club don’t trust him to sign anyone 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, drew said:

2-0 up and puts on an extra striker by removing a hardworking tough tackling player, barmy decision. 

I think he can be too clever by half sometimes - his ego gets in the way of doing the sensible thing.

Bringing on Mendy to close out the game as he's done successfully many times was a no-brainer and leave KDH on, who's now the driving force in our team, setting the tempo and the example. 

Instead, he does something more exotic. 

And why only make one sub when we were by his own admission looked fatigued? Also, still struggling to understand what Ndidi provides in a 3-5-2 set up except defending set pieces? Would prefer him at CB in a three if he's going to play in that system. 

I'm a supporter of BR but he can be his own worst enemy. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

No I didn’t. My post said Ranieri was number 1. 

For me it’s 

Ranieri 

Rodgers 

Pearson 

Puel 

Then the only others I’ve seen personally are Shakespeare, Sven and Sousa but pointless listing them (unless I’m missing anyone else since 2008?). 

Fair enough, if your timeframe is since 2008 then BR would be in the top 3. 

In my time since 70s:

Ranieri

Pearson 1

MON

Pearson 2

Rodgers

I admire you keep sticking up for him, but his time is over, he’s now a liability and not an asset

• Like 1

We’ve become bottlers under Rodgers. If it wasn’t for a nats penis of an offside in the FA Cup final we would probably have bottled that as well. 
There’s so many games and scenario’s (as in missing top 4 twice) where we’ve blown up. 
The Spurs one at home last season just about took the biscuit 😂 

There’s so much wrong with him, it’ll never change unless he goes.